• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bw rmt

Chillarmy

Smash Rookie
Sup, I lurk SWF but am not new to competitive Pokemon.

Black and White has been pretty good to me aside from the long period of time in which I've had to deal with the huge amount of suspects in OU. I've had the chance to try out various styles of play in this metagame, ranging from stall to heavy offense, but I eventually settled down with a more balanced playstyle, as always. This team, as with a lot of my teams, is centered around making weather control less of a priority; in simpler terms, this team seeks to perform well no what the weather is.

Omastar (Human Path) (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam

Omastar's pretty underrated outside of rain because: 1. Its typing + defenses and 2. Its passable speed after a Shell Smash. With the special defense boost from sandstorm, Omastar's defensive stats stand at 281/286/266, which allow for a much more varied pool of setup fodder, hence the reason for White Herb > Life Orb. HP Fire is there for Ferrothorn and Scizor as well as multiple other steels without having to worry about Hydro Pump's **** accuracy.

Omastar is the star of this team, but thanks to the amount of Pokemon that it can reel in from the start of the game, I tend to 'lead' with Omastar in order to lure in fodder for the rest of this team.

Salamence (Asura Path) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break

Salamence is the main powerhouse of this team and Omastar's main offensive partner, giving me momentum whenever needed. Standard mixmence from last gen, tossing around Draco Meteors and Roosting on forced / predicted switches. Brick Break is here because Balloon is way too common and MixTar can destroy this team if given the chance to switch in.

Tyranitar (Animal Path) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Atk / 36 SDef / 80 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Taunt

Tyranitar is a very important player on this team, setting up the ever-so-important Stealth Rock and summoning a sandstorm for much needed residual damage while trapping and killing Jellicent - who's usually a complete ***** to my teams - further ****ting on Skarmory and stall in general.​

Fire Blast and Superpower were present at one time, but didn't really flow well with this team (i.e slower stuff would be able to get status off / entry hazards down, Jellicent and Latios got away, etc) so unless you have a good reason to, don't suggest either attack. Instead, in their respective slots, Tyranitar is running Taunt and Pursuit for the strict purpose of completely shutting down Jellicent as well as stall, which is where the odd choice of EVs come into play. 152 Atk ensures an almost guaranteed KO on Jellicent with Crunch + Pursuit, 80 Spd beats most, if not all common Skarmory spreads, and 240 HP gives Tyranitar a 401 HP stat, allowing it to survive 4 Seismic Tosses from Blissey and also hits a Leftovers number in the very rare case which Tyranitar gets tricked Leftovers. The remaining EVs were thrown into Special Defense.

Desukan (Preta Path) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 68 SDef / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Haze
- Pain Split

Desukan (yeah, I'm not using its American name, get@mymorals) is a great defensive pivot for offensive teams, and despite being the only committed defensive mon' on my team, has served me very well. I've seen so many people doubt the effectiveness of Desukan but I can't blame them. Desukan is slow, lacks a reliable method of healing and can't really damage most spinners outside of special defense drops from Shadow Ball and status; however, Desukan more than makes up for its downfalls with its ability and access to Haze. Unlike Dusclops and Gengar, Desukan can easily beat Conkeldurr, Scizor and Azumarill - three very potent threats to the typical offensive team - through a combination of Mummy, Haze and Will-o-Wisp. 8 Spe beats 4 Spe Reuniclus, which really matters when it comes to beating up CM variants. Pain Split > Rest in order to keep the momentum going.

Birijion (Naraka Path) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Calm Mind Virizion is Omastar's main defensive partner and works very well on this team, checking Rotom-W, Dory, Landlos, Garchomp, Terrak, and to an extent, Latias. Since my team ****s on stall enough already, HP Ice is there instead of Taunt. Virizion is also my best best against Gengar, aside from revenging it with Dory.

Doryuuzu (Deva Path) (M) @ Balloon
Trait: Sand Throw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

It's ****ing Doryuuzu, does he really need an introduction at this point? I needed a spinner and it's no secret that Dory "just so happens" to be the only spinner in game with the capability to easily defeat every Ghost-type in OU. Rock Slide >>> Return because Tornadus is a huge ***** to this team.

...Help?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
HP EVs on Desukan is counter productive with Pain Split. I recommend investing somein defenses even though it will reduce your overall bulk.

Doryuuzu outruns Omastar after Shell Break. Once it dances, everything on your team goes down.

Your team doesn't really need a spinner. Choose between X-scissor for grasses or Brick Break for opposing Doryuuzu. Seeing as you're already running Jolly and Balloon, you may as well play the Dory-coin-flip game.

Why is mence afraid of Balloon when you have Draco Meteor? So you can 'predict' a dance or rapid spin from a Doryuuzu coming in to revenge you?

I'm pretty sure Tornadus has it's way with your team. It comes in against your ttar, subs up, and unleashes hell between hurricane/acrobat+jewel, focus blast/hammer arm.

Old school breloom may also pose a threat to your team. You should know what it can do.

I personally dislike pairing up Crunch with Pursuit. It always has to be one or the other. I like Stone Edge and Focus Punch as both are great moves once you force the switch. There are many cases where I need Tyranitar's counters as damaged as possible for my other Pokemon to sweep. Eliminating Ghosts and Psychics doesn't appear to be of absolute importance to your team since Virizion is the only Fighting attack abuser on your team

Top Bottom