• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Burst grenade in PM

Would you support burst grenade in PM

• Total voters

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Just a little question, because the burst grenade seems to fit in Sheiks moveset and would also fit in the design. Obviously, there would also be drawbacks designwise, for example the question what to do with the chain (it is Melee, so probably people want to keep it). It is also possible to keep the chain and introduce burst grenade nonetheless, for example with a tap or hold technique or a double input similar to the spirit bomb. Would it make Sheik OP?
Hope for your feedback guys :)

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Pretty sure the PMBR doesn't want any backlash from Nintendo for stealing features from Smash 4. That would be bad for all of us.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Once again how would PM get into any more trouble? They're already as illegally integrated as they possibly could be.. .

I mean there are already hacks from changing the HUD to exactly like Sm4sh

Last edited:

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
i heard they can't add projectiles anyway, it's just not technically possible.
pm's chain is worthless and dumb but the reasoning behind it is pure stupidity. basically along the lines of "hurr durr sheiks top tier she needs bad specials hurr durr balance just use chain jacket derp."
it's gonna be wicked in sm4sh though, having TWO projectiles

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Yeah it also was the reasoning for me to question it, because I don't like chain in PM. The jacket glitch, OK, but I think it should get a buff.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
i heard they can't add projectiles anyway, it's just not technically possible.
pm's chain is worthless and dumb but the reasoning behind it is pure stupidity. basically along the lines of "hurr durr sheiks top tier she needs bad specials hurr durr balance just use chain jacket derp."
it's gonna be wicked in sm4sh though, having TWO projectiles
They wouldn't be adding projectiles, simply giving her Snake's grenade with different properties.

On the topic of Sheik, it makes me really mad how they decided to "balance her" by removing her NTSC d-throw, removing the chain tether and overall making her feel weaker because a lot of other characters are just so strong and fast (Sonic and Lucas come to mind)

KokuJin

Smash Rookie
I would love for the Burst Grenade, if not possible maybe a bard move. something using the harp she always is displayed with, it could be a variation of zeldas forward . idk now the whole modding works with smash but heres an idea from a game i use to play that iuses bards.

its like a sound burts with a ray of circles. then there is another move with some musical notes streaming behind the projectile. and one more move its like a big wave around the entire character it could be like zeldas neutral B. but instead of multiple hits it could be a single hit and depending on the distance, a sweet spot.

idk if its possiible but i think they should separate Sheik and Zelda

Last edited:

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
They wouldn't be adding projectiles, simply giving her Snake's grenade with different properties.

On the topic of Sheik, it makes me really mad how they decided to "balance her" by removing her NTSC d-throw, removing the chain tether and overall making her feel weaker because a lot of other characters are just so strong and fast (Sonic and Lucas come to mind)
It's not all bad. While her NTSC dthrow was altered, its not like it was nerfed to the ground. Yes, the angle is between PAL and NTSC dthrows. NTSC dthrow was very, VERY, good. That said, the animation occurs much faster allowing for quicker followups and makes it more difficult to DI. The knockback growth is something I'm not sure they changed yet but I don't think so. Even then, the move is still entirely usable especially when mixed in with bthrows. Inward DI allows for usmash and neutral allows for a variety options including dash attack past certain %.

Chain tether is not so much of a big deal as the needle nerf is, at least for me. She isn't the same as she is in Melee but Shiek is still very very good. Some ways worse. Other ways better. Her bthrow is much better as is Vanish. Jabs are very good this time around too, and dair is as good as ever. Fsmash is better too. The ability to wallcling and crawl is also there.

Come to think of it, most of her moves are either better or the same with the exception of chain, needles, and dthrow. I could be wrong but that's what comes to mind at the moment. On top of all of that, Zelda is actually viable so switching to Zelda is more than acceptable mid-fight.

Shiek is in a pretty comfy spot right now. I have to admit I didn't like the dthrow change, but hey I've been getting used to it and its not so bad.

Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Sheik just needs her tether back. Why remove it when Lucas/TL/Link/Zss/Ivy all have BETTER recoveries then Sheik?? Not to mention their all better characters then Sheik as well with the exception of maybe Ivy,

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
I will admit it seems odd to nerf Shiek at all given how incredible the buffs to most characters are. Especially ZSS and Link.

|~J~|

Smash Rookie
said it in one thread, ill say it again. give sheik her chain tether back that she had in brawl because tbh her recovery is not so great, average at best. in my humble opinion, it would be completely fair because a lot of the cast in PM have more then one to recover. i feel that getting rid of her down-b (transformation to zelda) INSTEAD of the chain, and replacing that with the burst grenade, whilst giving her the chain tether, would be a very good buff for her. because lets face it sheik mains (like myself), she could def use those two buffs.

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else want to sheik to use that dagger that she always has her back?
maybe they could replace the chain with a strong slash that beats CC but has to charge (like rob's laser) after use.

EDIT: on second thought keep the chain. without it i can't disrespect my opponents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom