• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buoysel For Brawl!!!

Ermine

Smash Ace
Don't post until I am finished.>

Picture and information of Buoysel can be viewed here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buoysel

Now not many people approve of pokemon of any type should be in this game but I believe that Buoysel could have some very unique attacks as well as help to promote Pokemon because of his obvious feature.

Physical Attributes (IN SSBB)

- Buoysel would stand upright about one head shorter than link.

- While walking he will stand upright but while running he will be on all fours.

On to the moveset.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Normal Attacks. (While on ground)

A (Slap) - Buoysel will streach out his paw and smack the enemy.

^A (Tail Whack) Buoysel will crouch a little closer to the ground and whack his enemy. If the enemy is very close while using this attack, since Buoysel has a split tail it will hit two times.

<A (Tail Trip) Buoysel will again crouch a little closer to the ground but will also swipe with his split tail to trip the enemy. Again if close enough it will deal two hits.

vA (Collar Slam) Buoysel will quickly inflate his collar and force himself downwards which will hit enemys around him.

Dash A (Tackle) Buoysel will charge the enemy while on all fours and tackle the enemy.

Normal Attacks (While in the air)

J, A (Fin Slash) Buoysel will quickly slash out with each fin at different times. This move is similar to Marths but is much quicker.

J, ^A (Duo Strike) Buoysel will flip and smack any enemy close above him to deal two quick hits as well as send the enemy in the direction that the tail struck.

J, <A (Mega Kick) Buoysel will kick out his footpaws at any enemy behind him.

J, >A (Paw Strike) Buoysel will quickly shoot out his paw at an enemy that is closely infront of him.

J, vA (Foot Paw Beat) Buoysel will kick out with one footpaw and then the other and finish by spinning over and driving down into the enemy with his front paws.

Smash Attacks:

Smash >A (Fin Clap) Buoysel will reach out with his paws just behind his collar and then clap them together with the fins facing inward to injure an enemy.

Smash ^A (Spinning paw) Buoysel will spin one footpaw and then when the A button is released he will shoot a small distance upward to deal dammage to enemys above him.

Smash vA (Fin Slicer) Buoysel will throw his paws into the air and spin while slicing downward with the blue fins on his arms to hit enemys around him.

Grabs:

Z (Grab) Buoysel will grab his enemy with his paw.

Z, A (Slice) Buoysel will slice his enemy with his fin quickly

Z, ^ (Bubble) Buoysel will flip onto the ground with his enemy and kick upwards sending them into the sky while he shoots bubbles towards his flying enemy from his mouth to deal dammage.

Z, < (Face Kick) Buoysel will quickly slash the enemy rendering them motionless for a quick second while Buoysel flips on his tail and spring himself foward with his footpaws leading to kick his enemy in the face while sending them flying. Buoysel flys a little distance while using this attack also.

Z v (Wet Tail) Buoysel will smash his enemy down to the ground with his tail and then jump on them and spit a blast of water into the enemys face.

CONTINUED.

Ermine

Smash Ace
Special Moves:

B- (Hydro Pump) Buoysel will bring to flash a blueish color while his mouth seems to be growing bigger with the water inside. The longer you hold the B button down the Stronger the blast will be as well as the size. When you release the B button, a very strong jet of water will flow from his mouth in a horizontal direction. The longer you have held the B button the strong it is and the height of the blast is.

>B - (Fin Jet) Buoysel will shoot out his paws and slice the enemy with his fins and then shoot a blast of water at the enemy to complete the attack. Since the paws shoot out fast it is an attack that may be hard to dodge.

vB - (Water Spin) Buoysel will spin on one footpaw again but this time he will spit water out of his mouth dammaging any enemies that are near him.

^B - (Blast Kick) Buoysel will quickly gather up water in his mouth and slow down his falling process as well. After about one second he will let out a blast of water and kick to which ever direction you have pointed him towards while performing the attack.

CONTINUED.

Ermine

Smash Ace
Miscellaneous Abilities:

Floor Tech: Buoysel will catch himself on his tail and flip himself in the direction he was currently going.
Wall Tech: Buoysel will shoot out all of 4 of his paws and then spin himself back into a fighting position.
Celing Tech: Buoysel will shoot out his footpaws and after hitting the celing at a less of a degree in a crouching form he will begin his drop back to the ground.

Rolling Towards/Behind enemy: Buoysel will roll in a ball form to which ever way you have directed him.

Rolling away from enemy: Buoysel will kick out with his footpaws aganist the ground to avoid contact with attacks.

Sidestep Dodge: Buoysel will move his body out of the way but has his neck and head closer towards the middle of the platform.

Aerial Dodge: Buoysel will spin quickly and be directed towards where you tilted your control stick avoiding any dammage that would have occured had he not.

Ledge Recovery:

Jumping up a ledge: Buoysel will push his paws downwards aganist the ledge making his body fly upward just above the height he would normaly stand.

Evasion from ledge: Buoysel will look like he is just climbing up but at the last second he will shoot out his footpaws and go foward a few feet.

Ledge attack at less than 100% dammage: Buoysel will be halfway up in climbing and then will slash out with his fin.

Ledge attack at more than 100% dammage: Buoysel will climb all the way up and then slash out with his fin.

Knocked onto back: Buoysel will smash his tail aganist the ground and flip back into fighting position. If anyone is in the way of his tail it will do dammage.

Knocked onto front: Buoysel will move his body weight onto his front paws and then push himself backwards kicking out with his footpaws to deal dammage to any enemies behind him.

Continued.

Ermine

Smash Ace
Stats and strategies:

Size: As I said earlier, Buoysel will be about a head shorter than link so being hit from attack should be a little harder than usual. 7/10

Weight: Buoysel's Weight would probably be a bit heaver than pikachu, so being flung from the stage quite easliey. 6/10

Jump: Since Buoysel is has a strong lower body his jumps would be fairly average and with the addition of his Blast Kick attack, Buoysel will have good chances of getting back to the stage if he has been flung off.
Strength: Buoysel will be a little weak when it comes to strength because he does not posses any attacks that can really fling opponets far. 5/10

Dammage: The very good part about Buoysel is that some of his attacks can hit twice quickly and others that attack fast. If a Buoysel user uses these to his/her ability than they could rack up the dammage very fast. 9/10

Agility: Buoysel is very quick on his paws and would probably be close to one of the fastest characters in the game. He recovers fast and can avoid many slow attacks just by jumping quickly. 8/10

Speed: Buoysel's attacks are all fast. This makes it hard to hit him but after some of his attacks he could become open to attack. 10/10

Evasion: Since Buoysel is closer to the smaller side of the characters he would be a bit more difficult to hit as well as his dodging abilities help his evasioness to raise even higher. 9/10

Strategies:
I think that since Buoysel does not have many KOing attacks that some of his aerial attack could be used to rack up dammge fairly quickly and since he has a very good recover from being flung off the edge he could rack up dammage and then perform one of his few hard smashes.

Another smart strategy would be to utilize Buoysel's grabs and then quickly perform another quick attack followed by a B attack or an aerial.

Buoysel's Final Attack: RAIN DANCE

Buoysel will do a really awesome dance and then raise his paws into the air. Rain will begin to fall for 30 seconds and enemys will be dammage 1-2% randomly for each second. Also while this occurs, Buoysel will be able to move two times faster than normal and another added effect would be that all of his attacks that include water will be doubled.

OK im done... Please don't flame unless you think I did a bad job on the moveset and then i want to know what i need to do to make it better.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
First off, I'd just like to point out that you really shouldn't post more than once in a row. There's an "edit" button at the end of your post and if you need to add more to that post, just use that button to add the extra in. Just trying to save you some grief for later.

I definitely agree that there should be a Pokemon from the upcoming generation (Diamond and Pearl); however, I personally believe that Lucario has a better chance of getting in than Buoysel. I do think Buoysel is a pretty unique Pokemon and I enjoyed reading your moveset for him. My only complain about the moveset is that it's pretty repetative. All of your proposed special moves (B moves) involve Buoysel shooting water out of his mouth. I realize that he is a water Pokemon and as such, the majority of his moves involve water, but I am SURE that you could add a little more variety in there. Also, it seems that nearly all of his A moves involve his paws... maybe you could add a little variance to those as well?

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
We know barely anything about him, so your basicly making up stuff. I mean, nothing wrong with being hopeful.

But, like he said ^, Lucario is a way better choice.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
xzakcorex said:
First off, I'd just like to point out that you really shouldn't post more than once in a row. There's an "edit" button at the end of your post and if you need to add more to that post, just use that button to add the extra in.
While that's true, there's also a character limit per post, so in some cases, you have to double post in order to get all the info.

Regarding the pokemon, I'm rather meh about it. Not a bad suggestion, but there are better pokemon.

Ermine

Smash Ace
I do agree that Lucario is a better choice because he is more popular and it looks like he would fit really well into brawl, but since Buoysel has become pretty much my favourite Pokemon already, I thought that making a Moveset for him would be cool as well as show that he would be able to fight.

Kooloo_Limpah

Smash Rookie
Let be my official first post!

A good water pokemon would be Blastoise, they should really make him playable. He would fit well into brawl. He'd have a lot a slow strong moves like bowser and plenty of projectiles (HYdro Pump, Water Gun) plus he'd be a nice change from pika and pichu and jigglypuff.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
This just adds to my theory that pokemon are just excuses for animals to beat up on each other. I read that article you posted and it said he was a sea weasel, I say no to animal abuse, so I say no to this idea(even if it isn't a real animal)

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Ermine said:
Buoysel is not lame -.-

He is part Otter part Weasel. =)
XD. Quote of the Day. I mean, those are only 2 of the coolest animals in the world. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
meh, the game needs a cool bulky pokemon to stop pokemon haters who think its all cute and cuddly for babys, i dont think byosel is a cool bulky pokemon like dragonite or lucario or sumtin like that, and i think swampert would be a better idea then byosel

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
o please, people arent gonna hate the game because of no byosel, noone even wants byosel in ssbb except u probably

any of the water starters would be better

Ermine

Smash Ace
Ummm... I actually never said that but Ok... I am just saying... lots of people want to see Bulky strong Ubers in the game so that other people will like pokemon more. Also people want to get rid of pichu as well and maybe Jiggly with some others. I know Buoysel will not be in it but I wanted to show people that he could and it would also boost his popularity for Diamond/Pearl which is comming out before Brawl anyways.

Ermine

Smash Ace
Since Buoysel is my favourite I thought it would be cool if I could give him some popularity by mentioning him to other people. Some people like the moveset even though he stands a very low chance of making it in. I think that since he has become my favourite because he is a Otter that if I could make a moveset for him to boost popularity that I would be giving him a chance to be a more popular pokemon than most other run of the mill Pokemon.

kaid

Smash Master
You know, I could actually see this.

In SSB64, they had Pikachu the mascot, and Jiggilypuf the joke character.
In Melee, they added Mewtwo, who was SUPPOSED to be awesome, and Pichu, who was supposed to be sickenly cute.
If they drop Pichu for Meowth, then adding Lucario means they have to add a "less threatening" pokemon, and Boysle (sp?) is as good a choice as any.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i dont think the game needs another less threatining pokemon, that is what is creating all the pokemon haters, does any1 even want less threatining pokemon? the game should have bloodthirsty pokemon.

wats an ermine?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
cool, its some sort of snow weasel.

the reason people hated pokemon in ssb was because the only "cool" pokemon in it sucked badly and all the cute pokemon sucked to, the only pokemon that wasnt that crap was pikachu.

we need giant pokemon as big as bowser that can breathe fire and other cool things so people will think "kool, some pokemon look pretty cool, unlike jigglypuff and pichu and pikachu"

Ermine

Smash Ace
I agree that they should add someone like Lucario or something to boost popularity for Pokemon but I do want them to add someone like Buoysel just to keep other people happy as well... Mew would be a good choice as well. Ermines are actually Stoats which are related to Weasels better known as Mustelidae's.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
besides a fighter like lucario, the game should have a special attack based monster, any of the starters would do but i think dragonite would be perfect

i would like a plattypuss pokemon, golduck isnt much like a platyypus. i would also like a kangaroo pokemon, kanghastan is nuthin like a kangaroo, it doenst hop around and they are only available as females

kaid

Smash Master
Hmm... Buoysel could be done as a luigified Pikachu pretty easilly. Slower, heavier; his neutral B would be surf, which works like the projectile part of Kirby's final Cutter, complete with affecting several opponents. (although perhaps with more arc when it goes off a cliff) ^B would have to be something completely different, that fits the new pokemon; Hydro Pump could be an aimable stream of water, unlike thunder; and <B could be some cute move like Covet. (Serebii.net: Covet-40 atk, 100 accuracy, Cutely begs to obtain an item held by the foe.)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Meowth, Lucario and Deoxys should be the only pokemon added and this pokemon seems kinda well crappy and doesn't pass through the stages check the stages in my "before you suggest a pokemon" thread. I don't like it sorry.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i really really HATE IT when people say only meowth, lucario and deoxys are gonna get in, is it confirmed by sakurai? did any1 official ay that? no! just use a different excuse, u guys r sayin that it is impossible for any other pokemon to get in brawl, maybe deoxys and meowth wont even get in! maybe lucario wont get in because brawl will be released b4 D/P!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
FiErCe_oNi said:
i really really HATE IT when people say only meowth, lucario and deoxys are gonna get in, is it confirmed by sakurai? did any1 official ay that? no! just use a different excuse, u guys r sayin that it is impossible for any other pokemon to get in brawl, maybe deoxys and meowth wont even get in! maybe lucario wont get in because brawl will be released b4 D/P!
I said Should moron expressing my opinion

would like a plattypuss pokemon, golduck isnt much like a platyypus. i would also like a kangaroo pokemon, kanghastan is nuthin like a kangaroo, it doenst hop around and they are only available as females
no pokemon like roos I see enough of them in real life I don't want to see them in Brawl

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
ye well i hear it all the time from pokemon haters, im so sick of it, i didnt mean those animals in brawl, just sayin that they should be new pokemon. dunno y i sed that tho

Ermine

Smash Ace
Buoysel is not crappy... He has awesome potentional in which I want to flourish... He has amazing potentional for movesets as well as creativity for movements. I don't care that he is not very popular yet... thats why I am here to help him become more popular.

Top Bottom