• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffs you would like to see Jr. get?

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
I would be fine with:
*Less landing lag on his aerials(especially forward/back air)
*Autocancel Neutral air
*make some moves connect/hit better(jab, d tilt, u tilt, up b,etc)
*angle change on u throw(more vertical) and less end frames, so it will combo into up air.
I would definitely secondary Jr. with buffs like this. He'd also be pretty silly if his cannonball traveled slow like Pac Man's melons.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
what if we get a combo throw out of Down Throw?

Just imaging the possible combo we can have if the DThrow has the same properties like Luigis/Lucas DThrow

(0%) SideB -> DAir -> Dash Grab -> DThrow -> UpSmash/Utilt
or SideB -> DAir -> Dash Grab -> DThrow -> 3x UAir -> FAir, NAir or one last UAir

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Kart damage vs Jr damage is a big issue to me. It's a quirk instead of a strategic quality as of now( unless someone is juggling, which makes sense why uair is awesome) . It would be cool if it worked like browser's tough skin,making side b better too.
Getting rid of the Nair gap would be nice, it's so weird seeing people fall through me for safety accident or not.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
If I were to have a wishlist of Iggy changes, they'd be as follows:

• Less cooldown on mechakoopa drop. I know that mechakoopa is an extremely useful and good tool, but I'd rather not have to wait a year every time I want to drop one.
  • Give the kart spinout greater killing potential. It seems like when I go for the spinout kill, sometimes they won't go hardly anywhere, even at higher percents. It seems like it has some silly sourspots.
  • Less cooldown on cannonball. It can be a pretty powerful projectile, but it's very easily telegraphed and read most of the time, so it's hardly ever used.
  • Make it harder for the opponent to get hit out of jab. It's so often that I'll be jabbing someone and I won't even extend the rapid jab at all, and they'll fall out without even using SDI.
  • Give up-tilt a little more range.
  • Less cooldown on forward-air.

Last edited:

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
Oh yes, those are pretty lovely changes.

These might come under 'dream buffs' but perhaps either cut a bunch of the animation from Cannon (namely, the spin) so it's basically faster from the get go and can help deal with things like Sonic's spin dash easier. Or Mechakoopa actually grabbing an opponent rather than being shieldable.
Also yeah, take out the damage thing, just change that to knockback and remove gimping (he already takes extra damage/knockback AND is vulnerable to meteors, the gimping is just overkill and basically means those like Charizard have already won the second Bowju has to recover)

Actually, changing the damage to knockback would also be situationally helpful. After all, an inconsistent knockback would probably throw off certain combos.

JJtheDragon

Smash Rookie
NNID
JJtheDragon
3DS FC
0216-0918-4359
I agree with pretty much everyone here. While the smash lag reductions were nice, they really weren't what we needed.
Buffs I want:
Less cannon lag(startup and/or ending), and mecha lag
Have the cannon be storeable
Less Dair landing lag.
Better Kill Throw
Fixing the Jr. hurtbox overlapping the Clown Car hurtbox. Please make it the other way around! ( Also, i never understood why Jr. himself took more damage. No other character does, so shouldn't he take normal damage, and the clown car takes less? )
Auto-canceld Nair would be nice
Just make some moves deal more shield damage
And fix Jab connecting

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel like fsmash should have a lot more shield pressure, especially when you consider how it was depicted in the reveal trailer. Aside from that, I think uthrow/bthrow should be stronger in order to be reliable kill options and u/dsmash should have less ending lag.
Welp, got about half of these in the end and the fair/bair buffs were fairly decent too.

Ulti-Mario

Smash Champion
NNID
DeCorey
1. Running speed increase
2. Decrease startup and end lag for cannon and Mechakoopa greatly
3. Make it harder to come out of Jr's jab
4. Increase length of grab and decrease the startup lag for grab
5. Let back throw kill earlier like around 115-125%
6.put super armor around bowser Jr and not just the clown Kart during Kart dash, while also increasing the super armor.
7. Bigger hitbox for up air
8. Decrease endlag for down smash.
9.make Fair and bair safer on sheilds
10. Increase sheild damage on all smash attacks
11. Give Cannon ball more priority over most projectiles
12. Let up throw kill around 130%
13. Make jab cancelable

Last edited:

BelieveInParappa

Smash Rookie
NNID
BelieveInParappa
The only buff I want for Jr is a faster grab. If his grab was frame 7-8 I'd love it.

Top Bottom