• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BtL2 Planning

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I want to start planning for BtL2. I will be able to start reserving rooms at my college again sort of soon.

-Approx what time do you guys think is best (1st or 2nd half of which month)?
-How much longer approx. till the gold release is out? Could BtL2 be the big thing in pushing this, like BtL was for 4.0 (or was it 4.1, I forget)?

Notes:
I want ample time between announcing the tourney and holding it. I will likely hold online pre-reg (where people can also save a lil on venue by signing up early). The main reason is so I can get money ahead of time, and use it to buy a cheap lot of SD cards (maybe at a black friday sale?) so I can have a ton of SD Cards ready with Brawl+ and team textures (maybe) ready to go, with the appropriate files to run Stack Smash so I can run Brawl+ on unmodded Wii's.

It will overall be very similar to the first BtL in terms of location, events, time, etc. I'm going to see about getting a little big bigger of a venue that is about a block away from the last one (it's actually MUCH bigger, but unfortunately does not come with a TV, however with a bigger event, and JCaesar's help with TV's again it shouldn't be a problem).

Anything else you guys want me to do with it?

Revven

FrankerZ
We're shooting for an official release I believe of 5.0 once this next "nightly" is done. Meaning that once the nightly is released, 5.0 official should be released as well. No idea how soon this will be but, it should be soon once the Ness and Falco **** is ironed out.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Will weeklies stop after this gold release? If it's going to be a gold release we might as well not release ANY other versions for like at least 3 months (unless there's an emergency glitch fix) to let the meta game evolve. In conjunction with the gold release, mind if I (or help along with other people) make a video production sort of like what BBrawl did? (but way better lol)

It would be nice to showcase all the overall changes to the gameplay and characters in the first true version of Brawl+.

If a video is made it should be released at the same time as the gold release. Make the gold, then keep it secret back here for a few days while the video is made.

It could also serve as a nice advertisement tool for BtL2

shanus

Smash Hero
Will weeklies stop after this gold release? If it's going to be a gold release we might as well not release ANY other versions for like at least 3 months (unless there's an emergency glitch fix) to let the meta game evolve. In conjunction with the gold release, mind if I (or help along with other people) make a video production sort of like what BBrawl did? (but way better lol)

It would be nice to showcase all the overall changes to the gameplay and characters in the first true version of Brawl+.

If a video is made it should be released at the same time as the gold release. Make the gold, then keep it secret back here for a few days while the video is made.

It could also serve as a nice advertisement tool for BtL2
I doubt many releases will happen for a long time after this release. Almost every char is near done so 3 months might be right.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm making the tourney thread tonight. Date is November 14th

also, i got a MUCH bigger venue for this event

Veril

Frame Savant
hmm, I hope I'll be able to have a place to crash the night before. I'll probably be bringing a few tourney virgins up as well as some of NYC insomniac (Glick, Gurukid, Blackanese, Vanz are all possibilities). I'll have as many setups as I can get in my trunk ;p

When the gold release comes out we should give it at least a few months to develop before patching it unless something drastic happens.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just ordered 10 SD cards (and i have a few of my own) that will have on them already b4 the tourney:
brawl+ codeset and pacs
team textures
gecko
bannerbomb
smash stack

so only i will be loading codes at the tourney, just to make sure no one slips in any changes. there will be no annoying textures for ppl to deal with. there are plenty of cool textures out there, but not everyone likes them, and we cant simply remove the sd card to disable them now. i want an authentic experience. no ninjalinks wii syndrome here lol.
also for those who dont have HBC installed, if they want it installed il have bannerbomb, and if they wanna run + with no hacking, then il smash stack it.

Veril

Frame Savant
sounds like a good plan, I've got 3 SD cards you can use if you want to. They'll be backed up so you can erase everything on them.

"excitement" :D

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'll bring along my 2gb and 512mb ones, they're blank, so they'll be ready to go too.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i should be ok, but il keep that in mind. i just reaaaly wish i live on campus by this time. i was hoping to bring my desktop computer for powerful livestreaming equipment which i cant do if i dont live on campus yet.

also, bringing tvs > sd cards lol

jcaeeeeees, we can get like ur 4 setups right? lol lousy $20 for free, practically covering ur whole entry fee.

o yea, and online reg is up incase anyone missed it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Awesome, with my 2 alone that puts us up to 5. I'll probably steal GOTMs TV so thats 6. I'm gonna try and get Scar to come to this, and he can bring a minimum of 2 TVs and up to 4. Hopefully a big melee event doesn't get scheduled on this day lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Plank has a ****load that he's holding onto for Pound 4. Maybe I can borrow a few.

Top Bottom