• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broken controllers

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
How many controllers have you busted in your Melee career?

I've broken at least 5. I started hanging them from the ceiling as decorations :p

My friends and I busted so many controllers that I started getting used to broken ones. The rubber came off of one controller's thumb stick, and we didn't have the cash to buy any new ones, so I just got used to it. Eventually, I came to prefer the hard plastic with sharp edges over the soft rubber. I feel like I have more precise control over it.

It is really annoying that nobody else can use my controller, as I'm the only one equipped with the proper callouses, but I can't go back! I even went to a tourney and forgot a controller, so I went to the store and bought a new one... I sat in a restaurant for a bit and picked/bit off the rubber so as to have my precious hard plastic back, lol.

Anyone else have any similar experiences?

edit: (I just bought the japanese white GC controller with the long cord, thanks to http://scour.com/invite/bovineblitzkrieg giving me easy $$$. Hooray!)

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
i got the Wii this christmas and my first purchase was a second hand melee and new but fake controllers from japan (seemingly fine but without the nintendo logo on them.) the melee is fine but both controllers are messed up. one only doesnt go right at all, and one (having the same problem) now has the entire analog stick loose after i tried to 'fix' it.

i then borrowed two of my friends controllers... i thought i sort of broke them as well for ages (but they werent really broken, just had to be reset pressing L+R+x+y+Start). thats only in 7 months. D;

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
I generally destroyed the sticks from smashing them back and forth with dashdancing. Also the Z button liked to screw up, and the stick would hang in one direction or another.

Those things god DESTROYED within 4-6 months.

Overload

Smash Lord
The rubber fell off on one of my controllers and I agree it does feel more precise.

game set

Smash Apprentice
ya i tried dashdancing so fast it snapped once, other than that all my controllers are just really really worked in,

Leech

Smash Journeyman
Idk how many i broke.. i just broke 2 recently though.
Well my dog broke one.

Top Bottom