• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broke, but wanting to compete for fun, fame, or... non-money?

Nana Banana

Smash Apprentice
I am.

So I was thinking about organizing a 100% free tournament. Anyone else interested?

I think it could be really chill, like a smash-fest, but we would have a tournament going on on the side. I've seen it done many times, but it was rarely organized, just kind of happened. LOL

Well anyway, I just kind of want a head-count. The location would most likely be Marietta, Georgia if I did this.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Well, what you CAN do is just hold a smashfest. Unfortunatly it would be hard to get people to actually try in a free tournament, but the idea is there.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
in theory this is a pretty good idea
my local friends who play street fighter did this a few times and its always fun and everyone was able to take it seriously mainly because it was a good learning experience

Nana Banana

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Anthony. -_- Just because your job pays more than mine does...grrr.

I'm totally up for a surprise smashfest tonight. XD My place is in Marietta, not far from SPSU. Anyone wanna?

Purple

Hi guys!
Yeah, the fact that people won't want to try or the people who are money hungry don't want to come to that would kind of suck.

Do ranbats or something

BigLøu

Smash Lord
People would mad john though about not caring due to a free tournament, it can be for fun of course but I'm ok with just playing in smashfests and stuff

Nana Banana

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that is so annoying. I try the same amount in every match because I suck. @_@ Haha

Nana Banana

Smash Apprentice
Ohh. I see. >w<

Not a bad idea, though I'm not really sure I want to be ranked, I'm so damn bad. I just want to be able to play against other people who are also trying their best, because I always am. @_@

Purple

Hi guys!
Well if you're bad you wouldn't be ranked :p.

But i'd like to think if you get ranked, and people are under you or above you (especially people being above you that you don't like) it's a health sense of competition between them.

Nana Banana

Smash Apprentice
Oh...hm, I guess I see... so you can't be *last place* or whatever, right? XD Cause I probably would be.

*CT*

Smash Lord
:reverse:

I was in charge of the last free tournament (melee doubles at BBC)
Which reminds me of hearing people say stuff like: "Lets just forfeit and play Brawl."

Meaning people would have the same mentality for free tournaments in general.

Top Bottom