• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brisbane - CoK - OVERCORE - CAO IS STILL WEARING A DRESS

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
BRISBANE QUEENSLAND 8.12.07

The last Qld SSBM Tournament, Juggys Aus farewell and Sykes farewell from competitive smash

PRESENTED BY SAM AND DAVE'S LAPTOP
and the the rest of the Qld bois
wiki

The gig is up for Super Smash Bros. Melee and it's high time we gave it one last epic farewell--come one, come all! To the final major SSBM tournament in Australia for 2007!

RESULTS:

Singles Top 8:
1: Tristan
2: Syke
3: Sloth
4: Radiance
5: CAOTIC
5: Sirias
7: Scrubs
7: Accelerate

Swiss: - some of it is messed up >_>

How to read table - 28:L means played against player 28 and lost 2 games, D means draw, W means win 2 games.

Doubles:
1: Sirias SURPRISE SHINESPIKE + Accelerate (Scat Men)
2: Tristan + Radiance (The Annoying Samus)
3: Syke + CAOTIC (Scat Cuuute)
4: Scrubs + King Kong (West Side Story)
5: Sloth + GTR (**** ****)
5: Kulla + Berimbau (Ragequit)
7: Mosse + Rune (Elite Beat Defense Attorneys)
7: Gosu + Mikul (Cash Converters)
9: Ryan + Mitchell
9: Vyse + Sieg (Korean BNet Pros)
9: Myst + ComboTurtle (Melty Blood!)
9: Redact + Jei Jei (Golden Shower)
13: Moonlight + James (Moonlight Soldiers)
13: Bjay + Dedu (Peach Pleasure with a Femme Fatale)
13: Max + Harry
13: Justin + Scott
17: DJ Cat + Dino (2 Dogs a Tiger and a Dmitriov)
17: Andrew + Sven (Tex)

Vids:
http://www.youtube.com/Sykewanwan

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
FIRST POST IS TEH KYOOOOOOOOOOOOOTEST

and I'm so there. The date is so good and the flights = total win

Sirias

Smash Champion
I agree with Toai, lol.

D: This is so close.
Like.
I'm shaking in my non-existant boots with anticipation.

I'll be there. =]
Obviously.
We'll need a game of DDR to finish it off, though, I think, maybe, just for good measure, k.

Better save my money so I can enter. D:
I just spent all my money getting phonely credit and buying crud for the random Korean staying at my house.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
With names like SEAT, SQUAT, BIST and BOO, it's not that terrible in comparison.

Jaz

Smash Ace
hey BoO was awesome :)

Sydney is just S3 for everything, nothing unique there
Comrades of haha monkey...

So who came up with the name?
And i though Dave was through organising o.o poor dave we rope him in to doing everything
Zac is quitting competitive smash yeah right, whats the coincidence, you take a trip to melbourne and get a bit of the 'ol I'm quitting professional gaming virus.

shouldn't it be presented by TECH...
and your timing is very close to wards announcement of there tourny if thats still happening

I guess this means that if i were to have been planning a nationals at the end of the year i should just cancel them? I should change that wiki hey dave lol

if you pull it off awesome, I'm not that good at these things so heres hoping you do a good job

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey Freddo, thx for the messages - Cheapest flights to the Gold Coast are $154 return and $194 return for Brisbane - this is only until Thursday though (same for the Adelaide tix too), so hopefully I book before then. would like to stay for 3-4 days but really depends on the job i get offered once again

if ward dont come to this ill just have to come to them when im over :(

Sirias

Smash Champion
Pro.
CoK. <3

Worst Korean ever.
Soon as you guys left for the movie he was happy and lively.
=/

Commence mode of RAGE. Gah!
D: <

Sirias

Smash Champion
I know, hahahah. Dude, it's not the first time either.
It must be because there aren't many stairs where he lives, so he's not used to walking down that much.
Plus he doesn't walk much, it's not something you do in Korea, he told me.
That's why he's so lazy and unfit.
He's awesome. He's like, a form of entertainment when he does things like that. =]

Only 3 people went to see the movie. How gay is that?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Very gay sirias.

Shows people CBFd getting out and about every now and then :p

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Um, I don't know about moose and Ryan, but I'll be there, or at least I'll try. If it's over two days I'll have to convince my dad to let me stay there.

Could I take you up on that housing dealio?

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
lmao, I think what we'll do is have the tourney at the place then do finals at my house or something so I can direct capture vids. This means that only about 10 people will be allowed to come. If we keep pools to 4 rounds and have top 16 for singles and just do DE from the start for double we should have heaps of time for at least 2 crew battles. As long as everyone turns up on time.

K-0S

Smash Apprentice
I swim in the space between panels, what I call 't
This will be intresting and predictable. Everyone will show at sykes right and then when everyone but the out of staters get kicked out because we're expendable you'll have to catch a bus to Josh's at around 1 at night and deal with drunken hobo's.

Wear a bad shirt over your usual attire so you don't have to clean egg stains off your actually clothes.

Btw, I won't be here for the tourney, I'll be in South Africa. Maybe Singapore..... I don't know. I'll be out of the country.

If your having finals at yours syke Ward may as well just head home after one day. Cept tristan and aaron..........

*sigh* my rants over. TnT will have items and be in hyrule because we're cool like that.

OMG LYK Y U NOT USE THEM!?1 THAY R IN THA GAMEZ!? UR HACKIN!?1726

King Kong

Smash Lord
Why is everyone being such ****wits to the gold coast guys? Its basic manners people. :mad:

Anybody from out of state who wants to crash out at mine is more than welcome. If Gold coast guys need a place to stay the night they are also welcome at mine.

Also if people want to do things that stretch beyond the usual movie/arcade outings whilst in brisbane then i reckon we organise a day of like, surfing/hanging out on the coast for the day then heading up to the city and going on a club run through the city/valley at night. should be cool.

peace out

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Well... Out of staters DO pay 200-300 for a flight to Brisbane to visit us. I'm pretty we should at least minimise the total cash output of their trip :/

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Flying to Brisbane to visit 2 'boycotting' communities doesnt sound very appaling to me - get your **** together guys

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Well me and juggy cant go to the other tourney cause hes busy and I'm out of state. But to children that seems to translate to were not going because there stupid and don't know how to do anything properly, and for some reason they wont come to this one cause we didn't go to the theres for reason that we cant help? Sense much?

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
I already told Ryan I probably couldn't make it when he told me to post in his thread. The assignments due are counting towards OP.

Plus it's only Ryan taking offense. Maybe Moose... But we all <3 Moose.

Jaz

Smash Ace
theres a big chance i won't make this guys
i want to, but i might be joining my mum in a flight to NZ at the end of the year
we'll see what happens but right now it doesn't look like i'll be there o.o

sorry guys

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
(Moose) Well zac first you were having a ddr day on the day(BEFORE THE DATE WAS ANNOUNCED) with kas Then when told it hadnt been announced yet you changed your excuse

Juggie I belive tho because he is asian.... Asians dont **** with school Look at toai.... Nuff said

(Accel) Communities!?. This is about communities. I like everyone from brisbane its just Zac. As soon as i try to do something good without his "approval" He shoots it down before it even gets off the ground.All i am doing is simpley returning the favour.

I mean he even made a new qld thread under his name. He claimed he did this to A) Cut down spam B) post tournys on the front page none of which I have seen.... When really all he wanted it for was to control everything as usual. We should just call it the syke smash scene. Thank god this is the syke farewell tourny Good Riddince im so sick of his BS .

(Moose again) Plus i think when josh got title of tourny director after organizing the SQUATs syke suddenly had to get it to when all he had done is take videos...BTW what happend to footage of these vids? Unless it was showing syke ken comboing people it never made it onto the net.

Good luck with the brackets funny they allways work in his favor

Juggie cut the crap tho no one <3 moose JESSICA ALBA

Top Bottom