• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breath of the Wild Link in Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Something something, Zelda timeline. So Breath of the Wild is the most recent entry taking place years after all games in existence. It's still not fully clarified if it's in the Downfall or Child Timeline.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/281689-zelda-botw-dev-on-fan-critic-response-timeline-placement-divin
Called it.

Things were a bit too post-apocalyptic and futuristic for comfort.

And with all the hype behind Calamity Ganon's strength, he's got to be the strongest incarnation of him in the franchise.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Called it.

Things were a bit too post-apocalyptic and futuristic for comfort.

And with all the hype behind Calamity Ganon's strength, he's got to be the strongest incarnation of him in the franchise.
Don't forget that he's pretty much Giygas, a giant mindless manifestation of evil.

Braz Luck

Smash Rookie
Ok, I've been thinking of my own moveset for the Hero of the Wild:

(By the way, some spoilers up ahead)

Tilts:
Link would use various weapons for his tilts, his jab would use a sword, and have him take out a sheild, which can block projectiles like the regular link. For his forward and down tilts, he should use a spear or halberd, his up tilt would be his sword again.

Smash Attacks:
Link would use axes here, or he could switch out like Peach does and use the different charge attacks for each weapon type.

Neutral B:
His Bow, obviously. Could possibly slow him down midair like in the game?

Side B:
He could use the bomb rune to create a bomb, but he will hold it above his head like he does in game, leaving him open, also he can input side B again to detonate it

(This is where it gets a bit spoilery)

Down B:
His down B should be Flurry Rush, this will act as Shulk's down B but you have to press the button multiple times for more damage

Up B:
This one should be Ravali's gale, he would fly up and deploy his paraglider as he falls down, think Megaman's custom move mixed with Peach's umbrella

Aerials:
Some combination of the three weapon types , I'm not completely sure, but his down air would be him using his jumping axe attack that would quickly send him downwards

Final Smash:
Here he should use the four divine beasts as an attack like in the true run against the final boss, this will do lots of damage, maybe it would be a cutscene like Shulk's or something, Link would hold his blade to the side like he does against the final boss and light would appear, anyone in the light is attacked by the four divine beasts.

Other Notes:
His sheild would be Daruk's protection, and only the visual style would change.

He could at least stick to walls, maybe climb them but only up a little or something.

His alts could be references to Zelda, or just his other clothes from the game (probably his swimsuit skin similar to Shulk)

His grabs wouldn't have a tether, so he would just use normal grabs and throws

His weapons would be on a break system, simular to Robin's

Technically you could have his custom moves use his sheika slate more, he has so many possibilities that it would be hard to put them all into one moveset

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Breath of the Wild is so much a departure from typical Zelda games that I'm not sure whether a BotW Link would outright replace the current Link. That said, I'd like to see BotW Link in Smash- here are some ideas of my own for the hero.

Standard Attacks
Pretty much what you think- Link uses a one-handed weapon, a heavy weapon, or a spear. They can break as with Robin's Levin Sword- he'll just have less-powerful versions for the time being. Properties of each attack differ based on which weapon type Link is using.

Neutral-B
Link switches between the 3 weapon types. Would probably be: (One-Handed -> Heavy -> Spear)

Side-B
Link uses his bow and arrow. Pretty much like the Links' only with slightly different properties.
...Alternatively, Link could surf on his shield to make this a side charge attack like Ike's Side-B, in which case he'd use his bow and arrow for all aerial standard attacks instead.

Up-B
Link uses Revali's Gale, similarly to Peach's/G&W's recoveries.

Down-B
Link pulls out a Remote Bomb- he tosses it after letting go of B. Press Down-B again and it detonates (Snake? Is that you?). Which type the bomb is could either be random or alternating.

Shield
Link uses Daruk's Protection. Either only an aesthetic difference or perfect shielding is more effective/easier to do, in which case Link would have to go without being able to perfect shield for a little while, possibly.

Grab
Link grabs with his hands- he has no tether grab. Throw animations could involve the runes.

Final Smash
Link uses Urbosa's Fury to strike players and either slow them down or completely stun them for a little while.
...Alternatively, Link could pull out a fully-charged Master Sword, which would grant him greater power and knockback for a limited time, in which case Urbosa's Fury could be for charged smash attacks instead.

Other
- When Link is brought back to the stage, Mipha's spirit circles around him briefly, referencing Mipha's Grace.
- Taunts could include the Sheikah Slate and a cooking pot (and maybe the Master Sword?).
- Gliding via Paraglider could be a thing...
- Clinging to walls but no jumping off them sounds about right.
- Link can "crawl," or rather, walk while crouching. He's pretty slow when he does this, though.
- Dodging puts Link into a slow-motion animation until the dodge is done. Reference to Flurry Rushes- probably just an aesthetic that happens whether an attack was actually dodged or not.
- Some alts would probably feature other characters such as the Champions, but some alts could be Link's different outfits.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Long post ahead, and it may contain some spoiler-y content from BotW. Here is how I would envision a "Wild" Link, either as a separate variation or an upgrade/rehaul of Link:

~~~~~​
SPECIAL ATTACKS
Neutral Special: Bow & Arrow - Shoots a Guardian Arrow. When used in midair, it briefly slows his movement and he can freely aim for a few seconds.
Side Special: Stasis - Sends out a yellow energy ball that will very briefly lock opponents in place. If the opponent is attacked in this stunned state, they will be knocked back once they become un-stunned.
Up Special: Paraglider - Link leaps into the air and takes out his Paraglider to float to safety.
Down Special: Remote Bomb - Link takes out a Remote Bomb. He can press B to throw it or Down B to place it below him. Pressing Down B again triggers the explosion.
Final Smash: Flurry Rush - Functionally similar to Triforce Slash, but with a time-slow effect.

BASIC ATTACKS

Most of his basic moves would make use of BotW's wide variety of weapons. After a certain number of attacks, his current weapons will break and go down a 'tier.' He starts with the Guardian series of weapons; when these break they are replaced with Traveler's weapons, which would thereafter be replaced with Boko weapons. Naturally, each tier does slightly less damage than the one before it. Link can rise up a tier with a successful KO (based on the idea that you attain stronger and stronger weapons by defeating enemies in BotW). And, if Link himself is KO'd, he will reset back to the Guardian tier for his next stock.

TILTS
Jab: Link performs a basic slash with a weapon (Guardian Sword > Traveler's Sword > Boko Club)
Forward: Link swings a weapon in front of him (Guardian Battleaxe > Woodcutter's Axe > Boko Bat)
Up: Link blows a gust of air upwards with a Korok Leaf
Down: Link scorches the ground with a Torch
Dash Attack: Link performs a lunging stab with a spear (Guardian Spear > Traveler's Spear > Boko Spear)

SMASHES
Forward: Link uses a jumping Charge Attack (Ancient Bladesaw > Knight's Claymore > Dragonbone Moblin Club)
Up: Link uses Cryonis to make a pillar of ice shoot up from the ground, which launches opponents into the air and then shatters.
Down: Link performs a Spin Attack (Guardian Sword > Traveler's Sword > Boko Club)

AERIALS
Neutral: Link slashes with his weapon (Guardian Sword > Traveler's Sword > Boko Club)
Forward: Link thrusts a weapon in front of him (Guardian Spear > Traveler's Spear > Boko Spear)
Back: Link quickly tosses a short-range Boomerang behind him
Up: Link brandishes a Great Flame/Frost/Thunderblade above him (element is random each time)
Down: Link swings an Iron Sledgehammer below him for a spiking attack

MISC
Grabs & Throws: Link uses Magnesis to fling around the opponent
Entrance Animation: Link materializes in with a blue energy effect, as seen when he Fast Travels
Taunt 1: Link takes out his Sheikah Slate and snaps a photograph
Taunt 2: Link picks up a Korok Seed and puts it in his pocket
Taunt 3: Link does his Horse-Call Whistle
Shield: Link lifts up a shield, which differs depending on his current weapon tier (either Guardian Shield, Knight's Shield, or Boko Shield)
Dodge: Instead of dodge rolling, Link Shield Surfs a short distance
Wall Jump/Cling: This version of Link would be able to wall jump and briefly cling to walls

COSTUMES
Champion's Tunic (default)
Worn Armor Set
Hylian Armor Set
Stealth Armor Set
Climbing Armor Set
Zora Armor Set
Barbarian Armor Set
Soldier Armor Set
Ancient Armor Set
Gerudo Armor Set
~~~~~​

If Link were to be upgraded to his BotW appearance, I would love to see Zelda changed as well. I had an idea for her special attacks:
Much like how Melee Zelda was given the spells used by Link in Ocarina, a BotW Zelda could use the Champion's abilities! Although she does not use them in-game, it is thematically fitting considering that the Champions were led by Zelda and tasked with protecting her - it is not canonically unrealistic for the Zelda from BotW to receive aid from the Champions' spirits.

Neutral Special: Mipha's Grace - Zelda is briefly surrounded by a swirl of water that deals some minor damage to opponents, similar to Nayru's Love. Using this move would also heal Zelda slightly.
Side Special: Urbosa's Fury - Zelda spins around and then snaps her finger to summon a bolt of lightning in front of her. The input can be held to determine how far away the bolt will appear upon release.
Up Special: Revali's Gale - Zelda is whisked upward in a gust of air.
Down Special: Daruk's Protection - Zelda is encircled by a translucent orange barrier for a few seconds. She cannot attack in this state, but if she is hit by an opponent, Daruk's spirit will appear and retaliate with a counter-attack.

Each Champion's spirit would appear and say a line of dialogue during their respective move.
Her Final Smash could be her Sealing Power from the ending of the game.
Her other moves could possibly use some weapons not covered by Link's moveset, such as the Fire/Ice/Thunder rods, the Champions' weapons (Daruk's Boulder Breaker, Mipha's Ceremonial Trident, Urbosa's Scimitar of the Seven, and Revali's Great Eagle Bow), and her Bow of Light.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
B Magnesis: Creates a magenta arc of magnetic power that curves into the floor. While holding B, Link can push around a mound of dirt/terrain which can pop enemies up. After a set time of using the attack, a treasure chest pops out. (This has KO potential). Whoever gets to the chest first and presses A, opens it and gets a Guardian sword. (This sword has similar properties to the beam sword and can be thrown).

Side B Stamina Wheel: When side B is used Link can run even faster in a direction, scale walls and glide on his parasol in the air. A small stamina wheel appears above Link that drains. After depletion, it takes awhile to regenerate.

Down B Weapon Switch: Link can toggle between a spear, warhammer and sword. This changes Smashes (all forward Smashes are the weapon charged attacks in the game), tilts, and some aerials such as Down A (which are all the jump attacks in the game). Weapons can break and have a refresh time. If all break, all regenerate instantly.

Up B Lord of the Mountain: Link mounts the spirit stag as it leaps in an arc. The stag can pop people up like Wario's bike if it collides with them. When the stag lands on the floor, you can charge left and right. Press of A fires an arrow. If you jump off the stag, it vanishes. This does not give great recovery distance and Link cannot grab the ledge while mounted. Link has lag if he is knocked off.

Down Smash can be lighting a fire. This creates a current of air that can push anyone using a parasol/parachute upwards. The fire itself is a damaging hazard.

Dash could be shield surfing.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
How upset would people be if Toon Link was replaced with BOTW link?
Id honestly love that. Toon Link does not really add anything new and that doesnt look like it will change where BOTW Link at least has the potential to although i can see some backlash, i do know there are lots of people who do not feel the same way about this.

origamiscienceguy

Smash Apprentice
I think a wall jump would fit his character, but he does so facing the wall, and he hugs the wall with his jump. He can cling (also facing the wall) and then jump nearly perfectly in line with the wall.

D

Deleted member

I find it quite ironic the current :4link: will likely get a BotW overhaul for like 75% of his moveset to the point :4tlink: will stay as the Classic Link as we know.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
So I skipped the majority of the tutorial, didn't get the hangglider, stuck my sheikah slate in some slot and am now on the tower that arose. Any idea how to get down?
use the spiral staircase by going through a hole in the floor (also you're not skipping anything major)

KingDoop

Smash Cadet
When I think about how best "wild link" could represent the source material, what came to mind was the weapon system. What if he could cycle his weapons changing not his specials but standard attacks.
For example, when having a sword equipped his jab is the usual Link jab. But when it's an axe his jab is heavier, more similar to Ike's. For a lance it would be exactly what he does it botw...really fast pokes.
Now do this for all his standard attacks. And of course, they break over time, forcing you to mix it up. Weapons would recover eventually. Say..10 seconds?

So for his specials I've got:

Neutral: cycle weapons
Side: Throw weapon. Instantly breaks but causes massive damage. Good for combo finishers.
Up: Paraglider. Not much vertical movement, but horizontally can save you from the edge of the screen. Not related to his up-b but I think link should have the innate ability to climb walls. For a short time, as the stamina wheel appears and quickly depletes. But this should help when you have to recover low.
Down: Flurry rush.

Well, I highly doubt sakurai would put in the effort for three different standard attack variants but this is cool in my head.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I find it quite ironic the current :4link: will likely get a BotW overhaul for like 75% of his moveset to the point :4tlink: will stay as the Classic Link as we know.
Considering Toon Link is a child, one could argue he is more classic in a sense.

origamiscienceguy

Smash Apprentice
The Twighlight link represents the original link from 64, which leads me to believe that he will remain generally unchanged.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Considering Toon Link is a child, one could argue he is more classic in a sense.
Wasn't Toon Link meant to be a modernized redesign of the original NES Link? If yes, then yeah, he's more classic.

And yes, I'd be bummed if he was replaced. I much prefer Wind Waker Link over Twilight Princess Link any day, not to mention I prefer Toon Link's playstyle way over the playstyle of the other Link.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
When I think about how best "wild link" could represent the source material, what came to mind was the weapon system. What if he could cycle his weapons changing not his specials but standard attacks.
For example, when having a sword equipped his jab is the usual Link jab. But when it's an axe his jab is heavier, more similar to Ike's. For a lance it would be exactly what he does it botw...really fast pokes.
Now do this for all his standard attacks. And of course, they break over time, forcing you to mix it up. Weapons would recover eventually. Say..10 seconds?

So for his specials I've got:

Neutral: cycle weapons
Side: Throw weapon. Instantly breaks but causes massive damage. Good for combo finishers.
Up: Paraglider. Not much vertical movement, but horizontally can save you from the edge of the screen. Not related to his up-b but I think link should have the innate ability to climb walls. For a short time, as the stamina wheel appears and quickly depletes. But this should help when you have to recover low.
Down: Flurry rush.

Well, I highly doubt sakurai would put in the effort for three different standard attack variants but this is cool in my head.
I believe I suggested similar on a previous page. Axes would have great slash damage but poor range and thrust damage. Lances would have great thrust damage and range but be poor at slashes and close attacks. Swords are good for short and medium range but not quite as long as lances and just pretty decent for all attack types. Boomerangs are like shorter swords but return when thrown.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Im sure this has been said to death, but BoTW Link will not be a seperate character. More likely he will be a costume. That said, I think they will make him the default Link and based more of his moves off the game. Breath of the Wild is the most successful Zelda game in over a decade. It's going to have a big precenses.

One thing I think people are sleeping on is a Breath of the Wild character in Smash. The other weapons can be easier to design into new characters and the Champions fit that bill. They also have the unique abilities they give Link which will give them defining characteristics. Zelda hasn't gotten a new character since Melee (or Brawl if you count Toon Link). Smash 5 may have some new Zelda stuff.

Luminario

Smash Lord
One thing I think people are sleeping on is a Breath of the Wild character in Smash. The other weapons can be easier to design into new characters and the Champions fit that bill. They also have the unique abilities they give Link which will give them defining characteristics. Zelda hasn't gotten a new character since Melee (or Brawl if you count Toon Link). Smash 5 may have some new Zelda stuff.
The problem is: who do you pick to be the playable Champion? They all have pros and cons that make it hard to choose one as the main Champion (with the other 3 likely assisting the main one). I'd personally like to see Urbosa as a quick scimitar and shield wielder laced with sand and lightning powers, or Mipha as a water-bending spear user.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
The problem is: who do you pick to be the playable Champion? They all have pros and cons that make it hard to choose one as the main Champion (with the other 3 likely assisting the main one). I'd personally like to see Urbosa as a quick scimitar and shield wielder laced with sand and lightning powers, or Mipha as a water-bending spear user.
I think that's the main issue with making a Champion a fighter- they're all treated equally in Breath of the Wild, with one being no more prominent than the others, so who do you choose? Granted, Sakurai or whoever's calling the shots for Smash Switch could just decide on one of them arbitrarily, but that doesn't seem likely to me.

It's a bit much, but they could pull a Pokémon Trainer and somehow give all 4 of them a single character slot. That would be the only solution I could see, but Sakurai has clearly stated that he explicitly made ZSS and Samus different, as well as Sheik and Zelda different because he didn't want the character-changing mechanic to return. So I don't think any Champion character has much of a chance unless they're assisting another character such as Link or Zelda.

I can at the very least see an AT for one or more of the Champions.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Out of the 4, it will probably be Mipha
  • Uses a spear, which is unique amount the cast
  • Zora are a mainstay race in the series
  • Fairly popular (probably up their with Urbosa)
  • Can heal allies which no other character can do. Alternatively, Mipha's Grace gives her a unique attribute
Could be anyone, but that's what I'm thinking. If they choose a character, it will likely be based on multiple factors but mostly how unique there are. There could potentially be more than one (as each game has had new series getting more than one new character)

Luminario

Smash Lord
I think that's the main issue with making a Champion a fighter- they're all treated equally in Breath of the Wild, with one being no more prominent than the others, so who do you choose? Granted, Sakurai or whoever's calling the shots for Smash Switch could just decide on one of them arbitrarily, but that doesn't seem likely to me.

It's a bit much, but they could pull a Pokémon Trainer and somehow give all 4 of them a single character slot. That would be the only solution I could see, but Sakurai has clearly stated that he explicitly made ZSS and Samus different, as well as Sheik and Zelda different because he didn't want the character-changing mechanic to return. So I don't think any Champion character has much of a chance unless they're assisting another character such as Link or Zelda.

I can at the very least see an AT for one or more of the Champions.
He has to do something with them. They're an integral part of an incredible popular Zelda game. I don't see them being playable in the next game due to the timeframe between when the next Smash likely started development and the release of BotW, since they'd have no idea how well received the game or the Champions would have been, but the game after it or DLC I'd say one of them could potentially have a shot, assuming they'll single the most popular and unique one out to be the main Champion. I agree that at least one will be an AT next game.

In fact, the Champion abilities could even be added as wearable items similar to the Franklin Badge. Daruk's halves damage for a set time, Revali's lets you jump higher and fall slower for a set time, Mipha's halves the knockback of a single hit that would certainly KO you, and Urbosa's would create a large lightning strike once around your character when they use down Smash.

Out of the 4, it will probably be Mipha
  • Uses a spear, which is unique amount the cast
  • Zora are a mainstay race in the series
  • Fairly popular (probably up their with Urbosa)
  • Can heal allies which no other character can do. Alternatively, Mipha's Grace gives her a unique attribute
Could be anyone, but that's what I'm thinking. If they choose a character, it will likely be based on multiple factors but mostly how unique there are. There could potentially be more than one (as each game has had new series getting more than one new character)
I'd certainly like it to be Mipha. I'd say Mipha's Grace would probably be locked behind her FS as a character who can heal allies on command might be too much in terms of balance. No matter which Champion is added, the Champion abilities besides Mipha's Grace will work really well as specials. Mipha fits with the Champions abilities pretty well, as they could take up all her specials besides Neutral B, which could be an arcing spear throw. If they do go down the road of choosing a single Champion, I'd say it's either Mipha or Urbosa. I don't nearly see as much interest in Revali or Daruk as I do in those two and their potential can easily be expanded upon.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'd certainly like it to be Mipha. I'd say Mipha's Grace would probably be locked behind her FS as a character who can heal allies on command might be too much in terms of balance. No matter which Champion is added, the Champion abilities besides Mipha's Grace will work really well as specials. Mipha fits with the Champions abilities pretty well, as they could take up all her specials besides Neutral B, which could be an arcing spear throw. If they do go down the road of choosing a single Champion, I'd say it's either Mipha or Urbosa. I don't nearly see as much interest in Revali or Daruk as I do in those two and their potential can easily be expanded upon.
If the amiibo were anything to go by, Mipha ans Urbosa are the most popular. Daruk has a few benefits. He's a Goron which are a major race. Daruk's protection is an ability that can be incorporated in a lot of different ways. Like Mipha, he uses a weapon Link doesn't have (great swords). The major issue with the weapon is you already have Ike and Cloud with big swords. I don't think we really need another. Spears have not been used and it would be easier to take Link's animations to apply it to a new fighter.

As far a Mipha's Grace, I figure it would work as a passive where when she reaches 100%, she heals back to 50-75. As far as a regular B healing, this could easily be balanced. Make it so it's either A)less effective the more you use it or B)It heals slowly at first and then increases (while holding) meaning to need to find some place to use it. Both would be balanced to where it wouldn't be broken.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Now that I've actually started playing the game (just finished collecting the four treasures for what's-his-face), I REALLY want Breath of the Wild Link in Smash for Switch. Originally, we had Ocarina of Time Link in Smash 64 & Melee, then it changed to Twilight Princess Link in Smash 3&4. So frankly, this wouldn't be the first time Link has received an update.

I think the remote bombs would be a nice change to Link's down-special. If nothing else, it would make setting up traps and recovering off-stage much easier. Also, it would discourage opponents from picking them up or catching them when thrown. They could explode after a set time, but allow you to detonate them before that. I think he should keep the Gale Boomerang. As for his bow, I think the Shock Arrows would be awesome--if nothing else, they could make grabs easier.

RivalAmadeus

Smash Rookie
I think Breath of the Wild Link will be the main Link. He will have a similar moveset to the previous Links, but variations like how we had the Gale Boomerang for TP Link. He will have a boomerang in which you can catch or let keep flying when it returns. His bombs will be his remote bombs from Breath of the Wild. I think it just makes sense for BotW Link to be the one (and only) considering how successful the game has been.

D

Deleted member

Although I am not a fan of having a multiple of the same character on a Smash roster, such as Link and Toon Link and Mario and Dr. Mario for example, I am completely fine with Breath of the Wild Link.
While I am nervous that he will most likely be a clone with the exact same specials as regular Link, I feel like there is a lot to draw from BOTW that could make him his own unique character.
So, sign me up! I've been playing BOTW and I am loving it so far! I just have one more Devine Beast and I am set for Ganon! I just need to fight the one in Gerudo Desert.

I think BOTW will be the third Link on the roster with the original Link remaining unchanged. The Link we see in Smash doesn't represent just one game, but multiple games. He has the design of TP Link, but he has the coloration of SS Link.
I also believe the current Link is so established that he doesn't need an overhaul of any sort.

Altais

Smash Champion
Personally, I think Link's normal attacks are fine just the way they are. The only change I would really like to see is the Remote Bombs. That said, what I'm personally hoping for is BOTW Link replacing TP Link--just how TP link replaced OOT Link. The default skin could be his Breath of the Wild clothes, with the classic green garb being an alternate skin.

I could have finished Breath of the Wild long ago, but much like in Xenoblade Chronicles X, I've found mineself taking mine sweet time exploring the map, taking photos, experimenting with recipes, and finding secrets.

D

Deleted member

I think BOTW will be the third Link on the roster with the original Link remaining unchanged. The Link we see in Smash doesn't represent just one game, but multiple games. He has the design of TP Link, but he has the coloration of SS Link.
I also believe the current Link is so established that he doesn't need an overhaul of any sort.
Having a third Link would be very, very redundant though.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Since Twilight Princess justified changing the Boomerang into the Gale Boomerang, I think it's not farfetched to gradually change the current Link by touching him up with Breath of the Wild moves, like the Remote Bomb, Ancient Arrows or even by having his Boomerang Magnesis-driven, as the Great Boomerang is made of metal

Altais

Smash Champion
Almost done with Breath of the Wild. So far, I've freed all the Divine Beasts, but I've yet to confront Ganon. I'd rather explore more of the map first.

I dare say, not only does this game offer a lot of freedom as to where you can go, it also allows for many different fighting styles. Personally, I prefer to sneak around and snipe enemies from a distance. If Revali's Gale is empty, then I can light the grass with a Fire Arrow and ride the current. After that, I just stay in the air by eating stamina foods. Mine favourite gear is the Sheikah stealth suit. That, along with high-level stealth dishes, practically makes me invisible. I only really use melee weapons for mining.

Cowardly? Maybe. [Shrugs] But if you ask me, the best defense is to not get hit.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I always thought that BotW link would be the new design for regular link with a couple extra changes like his normal bombs would be replaced by his remote bombs (thus adding something else to sepperate him from toon link) and finally be able to use sword beams while at 0%. As for the hookshot... just keep it regardless.

I will admit that its an interesting idea to make BotW link his own character though and if he does become his own character I want to see 2 things from him a gliding mechanic and his climb ability complete with a small stamina meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom