• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I mean, instead of waiting for the Switch version, you could buy the PC version on Steam.

But you don't seem to be doing that.
My computer sometimes has issues running the Dolphin Emulator, so I'm not expecting it to handle PC games any better. It's pretty much Nintendo Switch or bust if I wish to get Yooka-Laylee in the future.

Anyway, Breath of the Wild is almost here, and my Wii U version pre-order is still good to go.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So, the Wii U's officially dead. Any last parting words for it before it heads to the same afterlife as the Virtual Boy?
I made post in another thread that I feel like to post it here, so here we go.

Every day that pass, I want to play MGS4 more and more to finally have a opinion that isn't based on what I see but what I have experience.
But I promise to do MGS2 and 3 before that, and it kinda bother me in a way. But I feel like I need to do it for the sake of understanding how I will enjoy MGS4 compared to the others.
Sigh...It's sometime hard to have a opinion for yourself without beign influenced by others while udnerstanding what you may like may end up being not great once you experience it for real.
Man, why MGS4 just couldn't be the final bang of the saga that everyone love? We wouldn't have so much problem with the story and the fanbase being so split of what to like or not. It's just so...needlessly complicate, just like the plot of this franchise in a sense...
Oh and, don't pay attention to me, I'm just a fan who is analyzing too much a story who have alot of problem to begin with, nothing new here then.
You don't have to play MGS3 to enjoy MGS4 (even though Snake Eater is a hell of a game and it's worth playing just to experience it), but I would recommend playing MGS2 first.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, the Wii U's officially dead. Any last parting words for it before it heads to the same afterlife as the Virtual Boy?

You don't have to play MGS3 to enjoy MGS4 (even though Snake Eater is a hell of a game and it's worth playing just to experience it), but I would recommend playing MGS2 first.
I am playing MGS2 right now, like I said (maybe, if I remember correctly), I decided to play every MGS games in order (exception being MG1, MG2, Portable Ops, Ground Zeroes and MGSV. Tough maybe I will do MG1, 2 and Portable Ops one day) to experience how a old fan who played every game in order was and so that my final judgement on those games can be clear as water.
Also, I already finished MGS1, and MGS3 is like the game I want to play the most after MGS4, so no chance on that.:p
Still, thanks for you answer, it's good to have some suggestion.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Wii U was a good person. But it suffered from defects right from its birth, such as poor marketing, which caused people to confuse it with it's much more popular and visible father, the Wii.
Its inability to make friends and attract people also hindered it later in life. But despite that it managed to produce some great works such as Super Mario 3D World and Super Smash Bros.
In its old age, even as it was getting overshadowed by its son, the Switch, at least it had the opportunity to go out with a bang, rather than a whimper, and delivered its final masterpiece: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Not sure why I typed this.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Wii U was a good person. But it suffered from defects right from its birth, such as poor marketing, which caused people to confuse it with it's much more popular and visible father, the Wii.
Its inability to make friends and attract people also hindered it later in life. But despite that it managed to produce some great works such as Super Mario 3D World and Super Smash Bros.
In its old age, even as it was getting overshadowed by its son, the Switch, at least it had the opportunity to go out with a bang, rather than a whimper, and delivered its final masterpiece: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

FalKoopa, what's going on? Koopa? KOOPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Seriously, good post, I like it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been doing pretty well with Breath of the Wild so far, as I have not gotten any actual game overs yet. However, one thing that has been bugging me is that in the demo, you could use the Sheikah Slate to analyze the health of your enemies. I can't seem to utilize that feature at all right now, which makes me wonder if you have to unlock the feature by activating the Sheikah Towers.

If that's true, then I may have a brick wall in my hands, as one of the Sheikah Towers is apparently guarded by some Lizalfos and what appears to be Poes. The Lizalfos near that specific Sheikah Tower have more health, and a powerful bow that fires electrical arrows. And to add to the problems, there's water surrounding that very Sheikah Tower, so trying to get past the Poes is another problem that I haven't figured out yet.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

*sniff* That was beautiful...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I finally decided to get Breath of the Wild, but it looks like I've heard from an old friend from Smash 4 Speculation for the first time in TWO AND A HALF YEARS! All that he really did was see a message I left on his profile, but this is the first time I enjoy seen him on the site ever since July 2014.

He probably doesn't recognize me since I've changed a lot ever since then.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I finally decided to get Breath of the Wild, but it looks like I've heard from an old friend from Smash 4 Speculation for the first time in TWO AND A HALF YEARS! All that he really did was see a message I left on his profile, but this is the first time I enjoy seen him on the site ever since July 2014.

He probably doesn't recognize me since I've changed a lot ever since then.
Want to change your name to Cliffjumper for old time's sake? :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Very funny.

Real talk though: I think it'll be a while before I have the urge to go back to a Transformers based username. I still need to fully recover from the first Michael Bay film.
It wasn't a joke. I mean it's a good way of reliving the nostalgia of a few years ago.

And makes sense. Michael Bay can give anyone PTSD. Post Transformer Stress Disorder

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It wasn't a joke. I mean it's a good way of reliving the nostalgia of a few years ago.

And makes sense. Michael Bay can give anyone PTSD. Post Transformer Stress Disorder
Well, obviously it's not just the Transformers that Michael Bay ruined. It was much better in the 1980's.

Michael Bay ruins everything with all the explosions and whatnot. I can't wait until he announces his retirement from the movie industry.

I'm also not quite in the mood for that nostalgia. I have higher priorities at the moment than renewing my premium subscription.

Luig

Confused
I spent most of today working on this video
39 clips
worth it
(spoiler free)
odd seeing ragdolls in a zelda game

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Is the WiiU version terrible?

Anyways, I don't want to see spoilers, but oh, how I would like to see videos of the gameplay. I am not going to buy the game any time soon, so I don't know if I am able to keep on not watching all the videos.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Anyways, I don't want to see spoilers, but oh, how I would like to see videos of the gameplay. I am not going to buy the game any time soon, so I don't know if I am able to keep on not watching all the videos.
You can play the game with the Wii U Pro Controller, but some segments do require the GamePad's motion-sensing controls.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Do you guys really think the Wii U's gonna be remembered as the next virtual boy? We could have quite a collector's item on our hands.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Do you guys really think the Wii U's gonna be remembered as the next virtual boy? We could have quite a collector's item on our hands.
Eh, not that badly.
The VB doesn't have any games that will fondly remembered in the future as classics. The Wii U does.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
WiiU at least has many titles people would recommend being worth it for first party support.

Assuming most of it doesn't get ported it has redeemable aspects of it. Virtual Boy I really can't think of something on there worth it alone.

Only way I see the WiiU losing immense value is if they port every game worth getting on the WiiU to the switch, then yeah it loses a lot of value.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

I have the Wii U version. Amazing. My boyfriend and I were shocked that the Wii U could handle it, and now knowing that it can, that Nintendo decided to make small restricted worlds in their Wii U games before this one.

The Wii U had a combination of horrible marketing and game design decisions.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I agree, I was more so referring to the higher end ones that would help sell the switch more if it happened, Smash, Mario Maker, etc.
The thing is, Yoshi's Woolly World and Super Mario Maker both got a 3DS port, so I doubt that they'll ever be ported onto the Nintendo Switch. The latter might have a chance of a sequel though.

New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Star Fox Zero likely won't see a Switch port either. Star Fox Zero relies heavily on the Wii U GamePad after all.

As for Super Smash Bros., Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U don't share the exact same game modes, so chances are, if a Nintendo Switch port was ever made, it probably won't keep all of Smash Wii U's features. And of course, there's always the possibility that the Switch port could get characters who are exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version; one example being the Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For SMM, I think a sequel would be more appealing. Please add slopes this time.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
For SMM, I think a sequel would be more appealing. Please add slopes this time.
I think a sequel is unnecessary. Maybe an enhanced port, like what they did with MK8/MK8DX, would be better. Mega Mario Maker. Ultra Mario Maker. Super Duper Mario Maker.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think a sequel is unnecessary. Maybe an enhanced port, like what they did with MK8/MK8DX, would be better. Mega Mario Maker. Ultra Mario Maker. Super Duper Mario Maker.
Well, the line is a bit fuzzy. There won't be whole lot of difference even in a sequel so a port works too.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The thing is, Yoshi's Woolly World and Super Mario Maker both got a 3DS port, so I doubt that they'll ever be ported onto the Nintendo Switch. The latter might have a chance of a sequel though.

New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Star Fox Zero likely won't see a Switch port either. Star Fox Zero relies heavily on the Wii U GamePad after all.

As for Super Smash Bros., Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U don't share the exact same game modes, so chances are, if a Nintendo Switch port was ever made, it probably won't keep all of Smash Wii U's features. And of course, there's always the possibility that the Switch port could get characters who are exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version; one example being the Ice Climbers.
I doubt they would drop features, if anything they would add more given it would be more likely Mario Kart 8 style.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm rather surprised just how primitive Pokémon X/Y feels after getting used to Pokémon Sun/Moon.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
So no one is going to comment that it was mar 10 yesterday. I'm not sure if it actually bears any significance but, but just something to point out.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So no one is going to comment that it was mar 10 yesterday. I'm not sure if it actually bears any significance but, but just something to point out.
Nintendo was doing a MAR10 day on Twitter, I saw that much.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Didn't they have a sale on Mario related games that day or something?

Top Bottom