• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breakthrough Wolf Discovery! How To Get Out Of Cgs

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
That's not the problem, JJ.

I have already gotten a good hold on recovery, and I still get gimped. It's because it's easy to get hit out of and has barely any priority. It's also predictable. It has a lot of range, really, but it's easy to smack Wolf out of it.

And I still don't understand the video. It's choppy on this comp. I'll watch it again, but...

EDIT: This is Asaph speaking.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Been months, maybe even a year since i posted last. this will do well for a cameo post, though none of you are gonna remember me. :p

i like the new
Wofl meme.

I checked that video out, and next time I'm playing against a chaingrabber, I'mma mikeHAZE their arse.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Looks like everywhere I go, I find a link to a video I've uploaded on youtube xD.

Note that this this strategy may not work against someone wearing big headphones and listening to loud music.

tekkie

Smash Master
Note that this this strategy may not work against someone wearing big headphones and listening to loud music.
Brawl's metagame has turned into screaming and big headphones. Now I know why I'm playing the right game. :bee:

Now, how do we counter the big headphones?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
This won't work on boss. He always wears big head phones that cover his ears. Time to mikehaze meep!

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Been months, maybe even a year since i posted last. this will do well for a cameo post, though none of you are gonna remember me. :p
I remember you :bee: I bet you don't remember me though.

I wouldn't expect anything less revolutionary from the legendary MikeHAZE lol. But yeah, we still have the problem of people with headphones and our recovery (which most people haven't bothered to learn how to properly interrupt, probably because we're C tier).

:059:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
But yeah, we still have the problem of people with headphones and our recovery (which most people haven't bothered to learn how to properly interrupt, probably because we're C tier).

You guys play against people that don't know how to exploit Wolf's bad recovery? Lucky D: Pretty much everyone I play against just happens to know how to fight Wolf. There is no recovering against DK :/ Maybe I should mikeHAZE those people when I'm trying to recover to make them suicide when they try to gimp me.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
so i went to a friends place and he decided to be a jerk and play D3 against my wolf, i was doing just fine until it came down to one stock for the both of us and he grabbed me... naturally i got very upset and i yelled extremely loudly and in an irish accent at him, i also slammed my controller on my lap, it scared him into messing up and i beat him, all thanks to MikeHaze, wolf just gain an invaluable tool, dont over use it though, its punishable

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
That's not the problem, JJ.

I have already gotten a good hold on recovery, and I still get gimped. It's because it's easy to get hit out of and has barely any priority. It's also predictable. It has a lot of range, really, but it's easy to smack Wolf out of it.

And I still don't understand the video. It's choppy on this comp. I'll watch it again, but...

EDIT: This is Asaph speaking.
IMHO, EVERY move is 'predictable'....Especially every recovery move.
It's just most of the high tier recoveries do damage from start to finish in one form or another (IE Like Wolf's Up B but not so delayed or interrupt-able...)

Also, Golden;
Lawl.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
you'd think that since its a recovery wolfs up b would have at the very least decent priority but noooo, it literally has none, its like the developers were intentionally making it hard on us, and to think, when brawl came out i thought it was cool to use up b as an attack XD

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Would there be any possibility of b-reversing so you can then have access to bair and still have shine/side b on your way back? Is this useful or is blaster too laggy?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yes, with reverse blaster or shine then turn around. Blaster is a bit too laggy but it can be used for when you're really far to the corner. Shine, I haven't tried, but it limits your horizontal mobility so... yeah.

Also, please use the simple question sticky next time :)

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
I think that provided your opponent doesn't have giant earphones you can also try breathing really hard or having a coughing spasm, just don't let it affect your game because that would just be counterproductive

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Use a megaphone or airhorn for people with headphones.

If ICs grab me, I usually start humming a melody, going like "Da da, da da, da da" in a syncopated rhythm, and after a little while I change the rhythm, thus screwing their rhythm up. :p

Omni told me that when meep CGs him, he stands up and does the macarena, lol.
People in Texas like to put their controllers near Hylian's face and tap the shoulder buttons to mess with the CG rhythm.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
No one does anything to me when I chain grab them with Ice Climbers :D

... mostly because I never practice their chain grabs so I hardly ever get off a 0-death. :(

Top Bottom