• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
I'd be hype for anything IC's related. Whether it's full blown nigh-impossible Ice Climber duo or solo ICs with costumes.
But I have an odd feeling we might be kept waiting past October 3rd. I mean, wouldn't it be really weird to update two times in a week? I don't think that's ever been done before. It may be a sort of foreshadow that nothing's really going down once the ballot ends. Maybe a video, though. Haha, a video could be hype. Especially since we have all of this other DLC out of the way. But I have an odd feeling they may have been taking a break this entire time. But we'll see. They came out with three characters outta nowhere once, but I feel like now they're probably tired of it all. BUT ONCE AGAIN WE'LL SEE lol

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Quick question

IIRC Sakurai also listed time constraints as a reason why the duo didn't get in the base game.

Do you think that since the dev team does not have as many constraints during development of additional content, this could help our favorite eskimoes' cause?

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm not asking for much. I just want, in some form, the return of Nana and Popo. I won't demand them to be the same as they've been. I'm even willing to openly accept solo ICies if that's the solution they resort to via process of elimination. Unlike, you know, the rest of the internet, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it's the best we can get. Besides, multi-entity characters with various mechanics is nothing new anymore, to the point where it feels diluted almost. I just get frustrated when people are not willing to compromise and most of the time, they're not even Ice Climbers supporters. So why are they arguing with us? Yes, it would be nice to have the ideal duo mechanic they debuted with. But if all it does is jeopardize their chances and make potential supporters turn away from them, it's not worth it to me. I will take anything Ice Climbers related as long as I get my two Favorite Eskimos not as Mii costumes back on the battlefield.
Quick question

IIRC Sakurai also listed time constraints as a reason why the duo didn't get in the base game.

Do you think that since the dev team does not have as many constraints during development of additional content, this could help our favorite eskimoes' cause?
Absolutely. Not having to worry about creating the base game really cuts the fat out this time theoretically. Yet people just focus on the elephant in the room. In a nutshell, if they're selected from the ballot, we're good to go. But there's still a level of marketing involved, so I'm not quite sure how that may factor in.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Quick question

Yes and no. To me, he was just trying to say that they weren't working, and rather then spend more time on them to try and get them to work, he'd rather use that time to make more characters. Even with more time, it was extremely unlikely that he'd find a way to get them to work in their traditional form. If they're getting back in, I can almost guarantee they'll be noticeably different.

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
Yes and no. To me, he was just trying to say that they weren't working, and rather then spend more time on them to try and get them to work, he'd rather use that time to make more characters. Even with more time, it was extremely unlikely that he'd find a way to get them to work in their traditional form. If they're getting back in, I can almost guarantee they'll be noticeably different.
At this point, I can honestly say that's a totally fair statement. Seems like Sakurai tried real hard to keep them in, and that really if they could have feasibly been in by now, they probably would have. But then comes the DLC factor. Maybe they COULD remake the ICs and just hand them to us already, but decided they weren't worth the time, especially if they could just make money off of them by offering them as DLC, or better yet, skipping the ultimate solution to the 3DS limitations and going for a more feasible solution: selling a solo IC as DLC.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
At this point, I can honestly say that's a totally fair statement. Seems like Sakurai tried real hard to keep them in, and that really if they could have feasibly been in by now, they probably would have. But then comes the DLC factor. Maybe they COULD remake the ICs and just hand them to us already, but decided they weren't worth the time, especially if they could just make money off of them by offering them as DLC, or better yet, skipping the ultimate solution to the 3DS limitations and going for a more feasible solution: selling a solo IC as DLC.
There's a lot of routes Sakurai could go to put the IC's in, but the dude has artistic integrity, and I respect that. If he doesn't want to put them in without them being 100% his vision on both versions then I can't fault him for it. It sucks, but it is what it is.

I'm just glad that, through everything that's happened, there's still hope. I was fully expecting them to be delegated to a Mii costume or AT by now, the fact that we haven't heard/seen anything about them since their original departure bodes well for them, I think. Seeing how their popularity has held up as well, brings a tear to my eye. When they first got cut, I thought everyone hated them, people piled on and the detractors were aplenty. Since then I've realized those idiots were very much the minority, and many still do love the IC's despite them not having much of a chance this time around. As an IC fan, I guess I'm just happy that through everything, the future for the chillest pair Nintendo's got still looks good.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
There's a lot of routes Sakurai could go to put the IC's in, but the dude has artistic integrity, and I respect that. If he doesn't want to put them in without them being 100% his vision on both versions then I can't fault him for it. It sucks, but it is what it is.

I'm just glad that, through everything that's happened, there's still hope. I was fully expecting them to be delegated to a Mii costume or AT by now, the fact that we haven't heard/seen anything about them since their original departure bodes well for them, I think. Seeing how their popularity has held up as well, brings a tear to my eye. When they first got cut, I thought everyone hated them, people piled on and the detractors were aplenty. Since then I've realized those idiots were very much the minority, and many still do love the IC's despite them not having much of a chance this time around. As an IC fan, I guess I'm just happy that through everything, the future for the chillest pair Nintendo's got still looks good.
I don't think Sakurai would EVER make them an Assist Trophy.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I don't think Sakurai would EVER make them an Assist Trophy.
Yeah neither do I, all I had was Mii Costume was all I really had and I needed another thing lol. Was either that or stage hazard.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

Going by changes to other characters, I feel that due to the differences between the Wii U and 3DS, Sakurai's visions seemed to have been more dynamic this time around and more flexible in certain cases.

I'm glad you still see the mountains of support they have so easily. For me, I'm seeing the opposite. When they first got cut, I saw everyone around me mourning over the loss just about as much as I was. Where you'd see those tear-jerking goodbye tribute videos that still get to me. Then months go by and suddenly there's more talk about people are hating on the Ice Climbers and detractors started to get louder than ever. Everyone was just writing them off as impossible and nonchalantly walk on by to support Lucas and Wolf instead. There's this fear I've had throughout the entirety of the pre-ballot era where the vast majority of people didn't believe Ice Climbers were feasible at all. A notable example is the Rate Their Chances thread, where the rerate for ICies made them plummet in perceived chance compared to the first rating. It's typically seemed like you were either A: Voting on a popular newcomer candidate, or B: Voting for Wolf. Not to mention those "Who will win the Ballot?" questions you hear that make you lose hope in more than just your most wanted characters. Although this isn't the first time a character was missed by most but neglected later on. There was a large outcry after Mewtwo's cut in Brawl, yet at the time of Smash 4 speculation, it was at the butt end of all jokes and many believed it wouldn't happen. The circumstances are different now, but they have an even greater chance based on popular demand than Mewtwo did because they're receiving direct feedback. They're not paying attention to anyone who says, "Oh, the Ice Climbers won't be added as DLC because blah blah." No, they're listening to fans, and this is an act of fanservice. We as fans have the advantage over the detractors simply by voting for them, which is a huge step as Nintendo possesses those votes. I'm certain Sakurai will find a creative way to implement the Ice Climbers in both versions in a new way that everyone can enjoy.

Edit: Here's 1/3 of Etika's strawpoll of characters listed A-I assuming everyone here would vote Ice Climbers. I'll just give the link in case anyone's interested.
http://strawpoll.me/5619260

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Going by changes to other characters, I feel that due to the differences between the Wii U and 3DS, Sakurai's visions seemed to have been more dynamic this time around and more flexible in certain cases.

I'm glad you still see the mountains of support they have so easily. For me, I'm seeing the opposite. When they first got cut, I saw everyone around me mourning over the loss just about as much as I was. Where you'd see those tear-jerking goodbye tribute videos that still get to me. Then months go by and suddenly there's more talk about people are hating on the Ice Climbers and detractors started to get louder than ever. Everyone was just writing them off as impossible and nonchalantly walk on by to support Lucas and Wolf instead. There's this fear I've had throughout the entirety of the pre-ballot era where the vast majority of people didn't believe Ice Climbers were feasible at all. A notable example is the Rate Their Chances thread, where the rerate for ICies made them plummet in perceived chance compared to the first rating. It's typically seemed like you were either A: Voting on a popular newcomer candidate, or B: Voting for Wolf. Not to mention those "Who will win the Ballot?" questions you hear that make you lose hope in more than just your most wanted characters. Although this isn't the first time a character was missed by most but neglected later on. There was a large outcry after Mewtwo's cut in Brawl, yet at the time of Smash 4 speculation, it was at the butt end of all jokes and many believed it wouldn't happen. The circumstances are different now, but they have an even greater chance based on popular demand than Mewtwo did because they're receiving direct feedback. They're not paying attention to anyone who says, "Oh, the Ice Climbers won't be added as DLC because blah blah." No, they're listening to fans, and this is an act of fanservice. We as fans have the advantage over the detractors simply by voting for them, which is a huge step as Nintendo possesses those votes. I'm certain Sakurai will find a creative way to implement the Ice Climbers in both versions in a new way that everyone can enjoy.

Edit: Here's 1/3 of Etika's strawpoll of characters listed A-I assuming everyone here would vote Ice Climbers. I'll just give the link in case anyone's interested.
http://strawpoll.me/5619260
I'm fine with people not believing the IC's have a chance. It's ok to have the wrong opinion:troll:. What I'm saying is that people still want them, which is a huge difference. When I saw the results on that poll on Source Gaming not too long ago, I was amazed to see how positive the reaction was to the IC's. They were a top 5 character with the highest percentage of "5" votes. People want them back. The most negativity I've seen is stuff like "I want them back, but the 3DS", as apposed to the initially reaction of "yeah no more wobbling!" that got really old really quick, for the most part, all I've seen is desire for their return which is great. Because of this, who knows what'll happen. If the rumors are true, there'll be a Popo costume in Super Mario Maker, which means Nintendo hasn't forgotten about them, and if we, as IC fans stay vocal, maybe we can get more.

JaylonSonicSpeed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JaylnSonicSpeed
I just have two things to say.
1. Is Lumafying Nana an opinion? This would make Nana dumber, probably not be able to to hold items, etc. But I would say give to 3DS and 8 player only. I feel like this would please both sides, ICs fans get their babies and ICs haters get a dumbed down Nana.

2. I would love to get a trailer where two Miis are in Ice Climbers parkas fighting the rest of the cast in unison, when suddenly they are hit by two shots of Ice (I think you see where I'm going with this) comfirming Ice Climbers and their costumes. It'd be a nice "Sorry to keep you waiting!" (:4pit:) gift.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm fine with people not believing the IC's have a chance. It's ok to have the wrong opinion:troll:. What I'm saying is that people still want them, which is a huge difference. When I saw the results on that poll on Source Gaming not too long ago, I was amazed to see how positive the reaction was to the IC's. They were a top 5 character with the highest percentage of "5" votes. People want them back. The most negativity I've seen is stuff like "I want them back, but the 3DS", as apposed to the initially reaction of "yeah no more wobbling!" that got really old really quick, for the most part, all I've seen is desire for their return which is great. Because of this, who knows what'll happen. If the rumors are true, there'll be a Popo costume in Super Mario Maker, which means Nintendo hasn't forgotten about them, and if we, as IC fans stay vocal, maybe we can get more.
And perhaps wishful thinking of mine, but maybe people won't freak out and stop automatically assuming that a character did a thing related to a Nintendo console/game so obviously there's correlation to that character and Smash. i.e. Shovel Knight has an amiibo for his own lineup and it has nothing to do with Smash whatsoever, yet people see it as "a hint." i.e. Wolf being announced/released to advertise or go alongside with Star Fox Zero, even though Sakurai has no obligation to follow that game's schedule. Not outlandish to think that kind of marketing would happen, but it's not the only opportunity to reveal Wolf.
I just have two things to say.
1. Is Lumafying Nana an opinion? This would make Nana dumber, probably not be able to to hold items, etc. But I would say give to 3DS and 8 player only. I feel like this would please both sides, ICs fans get their babies and ICs haters get a dumbed down Nana.

2. I would love to get a trailer where two Miis are in Ice Climbers parkas fighting the rest of the cast in unison, when suddenly they are hit by two shots of Ice (I think you see where I'm going with this) comfirming Ice Climbers and their costumes. It'd be a nice "Sorry to keep you waiting!" (:4pit:) gift.
1. We have had ideas plenty of times where a simplified Nana could be with Popo but could not desync or do as much to put less strain on the 3DS, but I'm no game developer. I'd give that a maybe.

2. I certainly don't want those Miis to even dare consider dawning a fluffy parka and disgracing our children, but seeing ICies annihilate a bunch of Miis would be very satisfying. Cosumes before = imminent despair. Costumes after? Meh, I don't see the need for them at that point. Then again I don't like these filler Mii costumes being made just to squeeze more money out of us, going against what Sakurai said about authentic DLC.

Last edited:

JaylonSonicSpeed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JaylnSonicSpeed
1. We have had ideas plenty of times where a simplified Nana could be with Popo but could not desync or do as much to put less strain on the 3DS, but I'm no game developer. I'd give that a maybe.

2. I certainly don't want those Miis to even dare consider dawning a fluffy parka and disgracing our children, but seeing ICies annihilate a bunch of Miis would be very satisfying. Cosumes before = imminent despair. Costumes after? Meh, I don't see the need for them at that point. Then again I don't like these filler Mii costumes being made just to squeeze more money out of us, going against what Sakurai said about authentic DLC.
1. Same here buddy.

2. Okie dokie, scrap the Miis then. I see your points.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
And perhaps wishful thinking of mine, but maybe people won't freak out and stop automatically assuming that a character did a thing related to a Nintendo console/game so obviously there's correlation to that character and Smash. i.e. Shovel Knight has an amiibo for his own lineup and it has nothing to do with Smash whatsoever, yet people see it as "a hint." i.e. Wolf being announced/released to advertise or go alongside with Star Fox Zero, even though Sakurai has no obligation to follow that game's schedule. Not outlandish to think that kind of marketing would happen, but it's not the only opportunity to reveal Wolf.

Yeah I think it's hilarious that anything correlating to Nintendo automatically= Smash content. The Bayonetta reaction, for example, was ridiculous.

I tend to be guilty of the Wolf thing myself, only because I really want him back, and will take any thinly veiled reason to get him. The whole, character getting in correlating to a game/thing, thing started when Toon Link was announced for Smash 4, and Wind Waker HD happened to be dropping the same week/day, so it's not like it's completely unwarranted, but yeah it's gotten out of hand. The minute the Chibi Robo amiibo was announced people rather then saying "oooo neato" said "COULD THIS MEAN HE'S COMING TO SMASH!?" it's just grasping at straws at this point.

Also agreed on the costumes.

EDIT: Possibility of no characters in production at the moment!?!!?!?!
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/..._is_no_signs_of_new_characters_in_the_update/
Hope this guy either just got the fear of Nintendo's lawyers in him, or Sakurai's being more crafty with the way he releases data.

Last edited:

JaylonSonicSpeed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JaylnSonicSpeed

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm pretty sure Sakurai is just waiting for the ballot to actually end first.
Well it's not like he intentionally leaked Roy/Ryu either, so it doesn't seem like it matters what he wants. Then again I have no clue what data mining entails, so I have no idea if he could hide it after releasing the latest update or not. I'm hoping he can, because I'll be pretty upset if there aren't any more characters soon.

JaylonSonicSpeed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JaylnSonicSpeed
Well it's not like he intentionally leaked Roy/Ryu either, so it doesn't seem like it matters what he wants. Then again I have no clue what data mining entails, so I have no idea if he could hide it after releasing the latest update or not. I'm hoping he can, because I'll be pretty upset if there aren't any more characters soon.
Well, he would have see the winners, makeup a moveset, balance them all, make sure they work properly on both versions, etc. It's probably gonna be a bit of a wait.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Well, he would have see the winners, makeup a moveset, balance them all, make sure they work properly on both versions, etc. It's probably gonna be a bit of a wait.
I seriously doubt he doesn't have characters in production right now. There was apparently two more slots when they found Roy/Ryu so it can be assumed he has two more characters coming before he figures out what poll "winners" he wants to make. At least I hope so, DLC's been really disappointing from my end this far, and I'm not going to stick around for much longer without a little something to stick around for.

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
Just because there was nothing in the current game files doesn't mean there isn't going to be anything. Sakurai and the team probably just wisened up and made sure stuff was never spoiled like that again. lol.

Anyways, all this sudden optimism about the ICs is getting me all giddy. Like, I wonder how far Sakurai is willing to take his statement on how it's all about pleasing the fans. Is he gonna pick those characters that simply get a lot of votes, or those who were voted for with the most passion and enthusiasm? My best guess would be a mix of the two. But man, oh man the Smash team's had half a year of just producing stages and mii costumes. I wonder if they've got anything under their sleeves or already in the works.

Also I wonder how the votes are read. Do they have like 20 people working full time trying to read all of them or something? Or are the engineers and developers an Sakurai himself sitting in a room and taking some time to read them or share their thoughts on potential characters? Hehe I'm totally only interested in this because I wanna be a game programmer :3

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Well, why were they so good against her in those games?
Not gonna lie, chaingrabs (hand-offs in Melee) let them abuse Sheik's weight + fall speed combination. A good wavedash in Melee let them get into Sheik's zone relatively easily. Their character design actually prevented Sheik from just swatting them away, though with crouch cancelling almost non-existent I'm not sure if that would be the case in this game. I'll ignore all these and present the other factors;

When you desynched them, you could create all sorts of traps and defensive positions. Nana was a shield for Popo against needles, for example, or Nana could use Blizzard to limit ground approaches while you do something else with Popo. Assuming Blizzard covers a similar area in this game, it could stop Sheik's sh f-air walling. Their quick smash attacks let them cover vital areas above and in front of them. And Sheik has never had an easy time separating them; much like Rosalina and Luma, you want to get rid of Nana as soon as possible since Popo alone is bad, but it's tog to accomplish this with Sheiks moveset (also keeping in mind ICs are heavier than Rosa in this game).

All this about them being in the game and hopefully having an edge up against Sheik is just wishful thinking :p

Furret24

Smash Master
Not gonna lie, chaingrabs (hand-offs in Melee) let them abuse Sheik's weight + fall speed combination. A good wavedash in Melee let them get into Sheik's zone relatively easily. Their character design actually prevented Sheik from just swatting them away, though with crouch cancelling almost non-existent I'm not sure if that would be the case in this game. I'll ignore all these and present the other factors;

When you desynched them, you could create all sorts of traps and defensive positions. Nana was a shield for Popo against needles, for example, or Nana could use Blizzard to limit ground approaches while you do something else with Popo. Assuming Blizzard covers a similar area in this game, it could stop Sheik's sh f-air walling. Their quick smash attacks let them cover vital areas above and in front of them. And Sheik has never had an easy time separating them; much like Rosalina and Luma, you want to get rid of Nana as soon as possible since Popo alone is bad, but it's tog to accomplish this with Sheiks moveset (also keeping in mind ICs are heavier than Rosa in this game).

All this about them being in the game and hopefully having an edge up against Sheik is just wishful thinking :p
Well, with the removal of chaingrabs, the introduction of bouncing fish, shielding being a better option, and Sakurai potentially nerfing them hard (since they were top tiers in Melee and Brawl), I doubt they would be the Sheik-killer.

Their desyncing silliness would give them a better match-up with her over most characters though.

LightBringr

Smash Rookie
Was it too hard to make them a 1 character fighter? I mean, like Charizard? I think that would solve the problem... (The lack of a C-stick in the 3ds) Poor IC

Furret24

Smash Master
Was it too hard to make them a 1 character fighter? I mean, like Charizard? I think that would solve the problem... (The lack of a C-stick in the 3ds) Poor IC
Then they wouldn't be the Ice Climbers.Their whole gist is being two characters in one. Not 1 1/2 characters (:rosalina:), nor a character and a hitbox with eyes (:4duckhunt:).

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Well, with the removal of chaingrabs, the introduction of bouncing fish, shielding being a better option, and Sakurai potentially nerfing them hard (since they were top tiers in Melee and Brawl), I doubt they would be the Sheik-killer.

Their desyncing silliness would give them a better match-up with her over most characters though.
After this latest patch, shielding isn't that good an option anymore.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Juts because it got a nerf doesn't make it a worse than it was in Brawl.
There is more shield stun in Smash 4 now then there was in Melee. I'm not sure on how good/bad shields were in Brawl, but they definitely aren't a great option anymore.

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
Regular shielding isn't that good anymore, but powershielding is god-like due to the increased frame of time during which they can be performed, you can act out of it immediately and the opponent is helpless for a few frames which can be used to capitalise (get a grab, start a combo etc.).

Speaking of grabs, I think that IC would probably still have a very good grab game (even with chaingrabbing gone) because of there being the other climber that you can manipulate to score a powerful follow-up (e.g. Nana FAir spike to tech-chase, F-throw to Down Smash near the ledge to force a low recovery etc.) or the ability to guarantee a fully-charged smash attack (grab them, charge a smash fully and use a throw (timed so that it is followed almost immediately by the smash attack's hitbox) so that the opponent can be launched to their death).

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
There is more shield stun in Smash 4 now then there was in Melee. I'm not sure on how good/bad shields were in Brawl, but they definitely aren't a great option anymore.
Holy cow, this is off topic, but it weirded me out a bit to see a picture of my bookshelf as your picture. Hahaha. It's cool though. That Ice Climbers amiibo took me a long time to make.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Holy cow, this is off topic, but it weirded me out a bit to see a picture of my bookshelf as your picture. Hahaha. It's cool though. That Ice Climbers amiibo took me a long time to make.
Lol want me to change it? I was just looking through Google images for a cool IC pic for the final week of the ballot, and this beauty popped up. If you don't want me using it though just say the word and it's gone.

Good work btw.

Last edited:

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Lol want me to change it? I was just looking through Google images for a cool IC pic for the final week of the ballot, and this beauty popped up. If you don't want me using it though just say the word and it's gone.

Good work btw.
You're cool. Keep it! Feels good to see it recognized. I wish I could mass produce them. Some guy made a 3D printed one, but he refused to share the schematics...

EDIT: in case you want to see more of them, here they are

Last edited:

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai must be staying quiet to keep the suspense and tension high. what has REALLY been going on!? Also ayy, ICs content in this thread all over :D

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I hope I'm reading that right. Because if so *fingers crossed for Ice Climbers (Main Hope), K Rool, and any of the following (Wolf, Snake, Shantae)*
Ice Climbers, Wolf, and K.Rool would make me so frickin' happy.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
ICies, Wolf, and some newcomer that I A. Care about or B. Think would be a great addition, even if I don't know said newcomer. That's all I really need. Like I said, if they're able to make K. Rool into a good character, I won't mind. But most of my newcomer wishlist is made up of characters without too good of a chance. Basically for me, whichever newcomer gets in, gets in. They'd just better fit in Smash.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Well, we're nearing the end of the ballot (I don't expect results right away however, counting will take time, so these threads can probably stay a little while longer). It's a shame that I only now have found the time to come back to SmashBoards (college stuff took my attention away, I'm afraid to admit). We've come a long way, and aside from Pichu or Young Link, I think we've had the hardest time than other veterans. We've come a long way. In my absence, I've thought more about how Ice Climbers could get a reboot. I imagined a game where the Ice Climbers are in a competition or race to the top of several different mountains, a traditional ice mountain, a rocky/grassy mountain, an underground crystal mountain, a volcanic mountain, etc.

Hey, a guy always has his imagination. Stay strong everyone, the ballot isn't over yet.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I want a reboot, I was thinking about trying to start some sort of movement to get a voice heard, but I don't know where to start or how to start, I was thinking maybe Reddit.

I mean if fans are vocal enough, I'm sure Nintendo would see, I mean it happened with Fire Emblem, Earthbound and Kid Icarus right?

Top Bottom