• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking that Plateau

xX-Eternal Harriet-Xx

Smash Rookie
I used to be a nobody like you,

being limited in vision, ambition, creativity, hunger...

I used to be a nobody like you,

asking for advice from the pros on character discussion boards only to get the same cliche answers time and time again.

"Don't get hit." "Use mindgames and do what you opponent doesn't expect"
"Just...waveshine harder."
"Replace shielding and recovering with triple knee" (F***ing falcon boards...)

Man, 2008 seemed so long ago.

Those days were finally over when I found the end-all panacea for all my characters. I believe several old-school smashers have seen these, but as we all know, the key to the future can be found in the past. Players at all levels from every smash generation will find something that clicks after watching these videos.

My promise.

The videos I chose are of popular characters which often run into plateaus, but there are many more in the related section. Enjoy!

FALCON
Players who are adept at aerial attacking with Falcon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzyTpas52vM
FALCO
Learning platform mobility for that extra horizontal/basic pillaring/ the Multi-punch reflector:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx1rHcifg-o

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Are you that well known that I don't even know who you are? xD I'm too lazy to sit through the videos right now.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Dude ALL of SmashTom's "tutorials" are just about the worst thing to ever happen to competitive smash. lol

That aside, it was funny as hell. I had forgotten these vids existed.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Did you know you can fasten the move by quick-tapping down after pressing down+A in mid-air?

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
look at one of the comments on the falco tutorial:

"Screw shining out of shield and l-canceling, i forgot i could illusion someone 5 times in a row."

lol

Top Bottom