• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Breaking Circle Pads...

MasterWolf144

Smash Rookie
I haven't broken my circle pad at all, but this has happened to plenty of people to be discussed. The big questions are these:
Are people just pushing on the circle pad too hard?
Is the cricle pad not strong enough?
Will the "New" 3DS have a reinforced circle pad?

Post your thoughts, problems, and advice on this thread about the issue. This will be made pointless though, seeing that Smash Bros. Wii U releases this month, but regardless. An issue is still an issue.

Riggy Rascal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2363-5630-4667
I've never heard of anyone breaking their circle pad on any game other than Smash, so I'm assuming for now that people are roughing it up in intense matches or whatever. Maybe there are other games that get people to bust their circle pads, and I'm just not aware of them.

Thing is, I don't really pay attention to how I treat it whenever I play. I ought to take note the next time around before it happens to me,

Facading

Smash Apprentice
My guess is that their circle pads were bad to start with because after playing it for 30+ hours I don't see how someone could break the pad off.

BBC7

Smash Ace
My 3DS was in perfect condition until I got the Smash 3DS demo. My 3DS got overheated and the plastic started to weaken, screwing me over. 3DS is pathetic hardware for a game like Smash and I hope handheld Smash Bros is a thing of the past.

Attachments

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
Smash by nature is a game that gets intense and requires fast, precise inputs, as everyone on this site certainly knows. I haven't had any troubles with mine, but if any game was going to test the limits of the circle pads durability, I can see how this would be the one to do it.

Yuritails

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately for me, while playing Smash with friends, my circle pad came right off.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Apparently, the 3DS isn't exactly designed to be hardcore with the Circle Pad. My 3DS is still in good condition, but I pretty much won't be touching Smash 3DS's online features.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've been learning to play competitively from the time the demo came out, yet I still haven't had any problems at all. And don't get me started on all the time I've put into Kid Icarus: Uprising before I got this game. Yet, for some reason, but Circle Pad is still on and working wonders.

From my experience, the 3DS XL seems to be losing circle pads less then regular ones, though I'm not certain if this is really the case or not.

Odín Kuja

Smash Rookie
For the few months that the game has, since it was released, I think it is because most people are used to using their controls without any care, but also I think that eventually in a few years our controls will be out of order due to the fact that they weren't created for x-treme use

Top Bottom