• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Break the Targets Project M Style Updated!

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
Just got 4.01 with Fox.

Now i'm pissed, i wanted that 3 second mark :c

Also, are the rest of the videos i shared getting into the OP or just the Fox one?

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
I need the video of your Fox getting 3.96, yes I'll post your other vids. I thought you were just posting them for possible run examples. my bad.

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
Well, the run/strat is exactly the same, just optimized with fast falls and such.

Some of the new records i have gotten:

CF: 9.80
Pikachu: 8.51
Ganondorf: 11.60
Marth: 10.76
Wolf: 7.91 (Most annoying run ever)

I'll skip on uploading unless someone really wants to see the runs or someone tries to beat my records, though. Don't really want to upload a bunch of outdated runs every time =p

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
If I post them in the OP I'll need to see the runs on video. 1)because I want to see them and 2)for others who will see the record and want proof. Especially if they take Stadium seriously. This is the internet after all.

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
Oh, i wasn't expecting you to post them in the OP lol, i was just posting the times to see if anyone was even interested.

But i suppose i'll try to get them up, hopefully improve them a little more before taking vids.

AAAAAAAALSO, i found a new Fox strat.

I'll just say, get hyped. :D

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
You definitively can save a good amount of time at the beginning by doing a walljump > Down B through the gaps rather than going all the way up above the structure. And perhaps a second or two can be cut with efficient fast falls and some other nuances. Good run, though.

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
Dude, you have got to stop with this doing everything better than other people lol. jk I'll update the OP. You probably have the World record for PM BtT lvl 1.

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
Well, if that is the case, i hope someone tries to beat my records. Otherwise they are rather pointless to have. =D

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
I did try that with rather unsuccesful results. you can't shoot the target on the upper left corner while shooting left (You would have to jump but of course that takes away more time than it saves) Another possible way the strat could be improved is by somehow eliminating the need to full hop once you land after hitting the 3rd target. This is neccesary because otherwise you can't hit the target below the slanted floor. OR, somehow make it so that you can fast fall and still hit all the targets on the bottom, which i think is also not possible.

Also, to anyone willing to try, i think the most ideal dubs strat would be:

Fox on the left: dash and jump to the left twice, wavelanding and fast falling until you hit the floor. Then full hop and shoot all the lasers on the bottom, doing a shine > Bair to hit the last two

Fox on the right: Simply use your blaster to hit all 3 projectiles on the upper area of the stage

I'm completely sure you can atleast get a 2.5-2.7~ record using this strat, depending on how fast the fox on the left moves. I don't think you could optimize it much farther than that though.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Lucario lvl1 8.61 (sorry for **** quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHzG_pVcxZo

this is slower than the average brawl lucario run which seems odd, but a lot of the stuff he can do in brawl he can't do here because of the physics. i'm sure people will think of something.

I'm pretty sure you can full hop the first fireball (i DJ'd in the video), but I could not get it to land. I am also pretty sure you can SH-nair to hit both of the two targets as you're first going down to the second level. I think I hit it once, but i couldn't duplicate it.

i want to find a way to make use of the up-b or down-b cancel, but I couldn't think of anything that would produce a faster time.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Lucario lvl1 8.61 (sorry for **** quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHzG_pVcxZo

this is slower than the average brawl lucario run which seems odd, but a lot of the stuff he can do in brawl he can't do here because of the physics. i'm sure people will think of something.

I'm pretty sure you can full hop the first fireball (i DJ'd in the video), but I could not get it to land. I am also pretty sure you can SH-nair to hit both of the two targets as you're first going down to the second level. I think I hit it once, but i couldn't duplicate it.

i want to find a way to make use of the up-b or down-b cancel, but I couldn't think of anything that would produce a faster time.
The only problem I see with getting lucario to zip around with upb and downb efficiently is that he needs aura charges to do it really quickly, and he's not gonna build up any aura in BtT :p

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well I just went to confirm.

You can b-reverse down B from his moves, and you can build aura from hitting targets, so if you use his stronger moves and b-reverse down b / normal down b effectively, you might be able to build aura in order to save time some where else.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if you notice in the video, i have a charge of aura by the time I get down to the floating platform at the bottom.

my first strat was to cancel that down-b I used into fair then turn around and aura sphere, but it ended up being quicker to just land and turn around and shoot. at least in my tests it was.

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
I like how the list is finally starting to fill in. There are still a few characters that haven't been used, like Pit, Zelda/Sheik, DDD. DDD sounds really challenging since he's just all around slow.

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of making DK, Diddy, Luigi and Wario runs, among others. I don't think i want to get involved with characters like Zelda, DDD or the Links, from what i can see their runs would be pretty complicated and hard to replicate.

Also, Falco is haaaaaaaaaard. I still don't even know how i got 6.05, the best i have been able to replicate is like 6.95 or so, so i think i just got lucky lol

Also, my CF run on the OP links to Dron's Lucas run, may want to change that. =p

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
Those are some really nice runs RedFish. The Zelda one really impresed me. Using magic wind to get through the gap in the wall was genius and I'm sure it took a lot of tries to get it just right.

Watch out Janitor you've got some Lucario competition.

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
My Lucario is very, very bad and i don't think i will be breaking records any time soon, but i think your strat can be improved on a few areas, Tank.

1) When you hop and charge an aura sphere to hit the 3rd target,. you can then hit the next with an fair. If you time it right, you will ledge cancel just after hitting it, letting you fair the 5th target, which saves a considerable amount of time

2) i think that doing a fullhop fair > nair can hit the last 3 targets faster than aura sphere to jab can, but it's hard to tell exactly

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
Break the Targets Lvl 1 second attempt
Character: Charizard
Player: Jread
Time: 8.50
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAQtKdRa600

Was very difficult to get the last three targets in one Nair so I'm very happy with how the run turned out.:)

Break the Targets Lvl 1
Character: Ivysaur
Player: Jread
Time: 9.76
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYIo5cPoIys

Managed to cut about 30 milliseconds off, which was really nice, so I'm happy with this as well.

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
yeah, that's about as fast as I can get Ivy to go atm.

Since you're interested Leelue, why don't you try to break some of the records with Sonic? I know the lvl 1 record can be broken cause I had a faster run but messed up the ending.

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to read you don't sonic anymore, you were really good with him. I stopped using him in 2.5 as well. He was changed but imo still has the same problems. He's too much Spin to Win!

Anyway glad to have you join our little band of BtT players :). Can't wait to see what you can do!

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
Little tip, if you plan on spending serious time with BtT I suggest replacing the current BtT music with something you don't mind listening to over and over. Trust me, after you have to restart a couple of times you'll be glad you did. Brawl's theme is just obnoxious to me.

Top Bottom