• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl's Jigglypuff makes me mad.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
My Melee main was Jigglypuff. (I could win more matches with Falco but I played Jiggly the most.)

Not to be boastful, but I think I was pretty good.

But in Brawl, something is odd about her. I'm having a tough time adjusting to her now. Does anyone have some general tips for Jigglypuff in Brawl? (Like combos, good attacks to use, etc)

Pengy

Smash Rookie
Either puff comes naturally or she doesn't, you can't really learn how to play a character imo, you can learn new things to do with them but a either you play them or you don't, i just picked up jiggly and i love her, she is so fun to play. Either try her out and practice with her to find a good technique that you enjoy, or stick with dedede, he's easy as a motha to play...

Mushroom Scoot

Smash Cadet
The new puff is actually quite amazing, once you realize the AWESOME POWER OF OVERALL SLOWER GAME SPEED.

It's amazing how easy it is to fell unsuspecting players now with wall of pain.

finn2

Smash Rookie
I think the main thing about brawl jiggly is that she's pure air...cant stay on the ground for a moment so stay afloat att when in the air and only land to gain some puff. you cant camp as much as before. her strongest attacks are her most basic just learn to keep flying! its definitly harder to catch rest and i find luigi's is easier so dont worry about using her special moves as much (even pound)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I think the main thing about brawl jiggly is that she's pure air...cant stay on the ground for a moment so stay afloat att when in the air and only land to gain some puff. you cant camp as much as before. her strongest attacks are her most basic just learn to keep flying! its definitly harder to catch rest and i find luigi's is easier so dont worry about using her special moves as much (even pound)
pound is one of her most useful moves. great priority and cancels out almost everything. also her rollout can be used effectively in certain situations.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Jiggz is way to sexy, and pure evil... bad combination... But yeah--she is kind of some character that you just pull out for fun after alot of practice, because half of the time she is useless (in example metaknight).

Kadardes

Smash Apprentice
I don't like the new jiggs personally.. I mained jiggs in melee and now its like.. bleh..

I bet King and KillaOR are mad..............

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
It's an uphill battle for Jiggs in Brawl.

Generally, Pound is still as useful as ever with that long-lasting hitbox, and her rollout is actually pretty good at KOing if you can pull it out at the right times.

Generally, you want to be using fair more than bair in this game, because fair got a lot of knockback this time around, and bair lost it. I don't find myself using uair anymore, but nair is still good. Dair is good to pull out from a ledge hop; it works almost every time, and if it doesn't, you can just puff away safely.

Ground-wise, all I tend to use is Fsmash after powershielding, or the dash attack. I find everything else lacking range or utility.

Mushroom Scoot

Smash Cadet
I'm amazed at people thinking jiggs is bad in brawl.
I'm really, really really really not trying to brag, but I win more than most of my matches against random people. I didn't do that in melee. Now? I crush people who used to crush me.

Finch

Smash Lord
jiggs is so bad in brawl. Everything she does is shieldgrabable, unless you want to always hit with the weak part of fair. Rollout sucks I don't know how anyone uses it/gets hit by it. Rest is awful now. She's fun to play, but against a smart opponent playing a good character she's just not worth it.

Mushroom Scoot

Smash Cadet
jiggs is so bad in brawl. Everything she does is shieldgrabable, unless you want to always hit with the weak part of fair. Rollout sucks I don't know how anyone uses it/gets hit by it. Rest is awful now. She's fun to play, but against a smart opponent playing a good character she's just not worth it.
>:C
Trollan.

Kicknchickn

Smash Rookie
one of the major buffs jiggs got in my opinion is his grab length. when im on the ground i can grab from anywhere. its funny because nobody has mentioned it that ive scene but its really really good. besides that her fair is buffed so i usually throw them off the side and fair them a couple times.

Hiro63

Smash Rookie
I used to main Jiggs, but she got nerfed to much. She is impossible for me to use now. In brawl you cant just pick her up and say shes awesome.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure being shieldgrabbed to hell isn't a problem when you have such powerful aerial mobility. I'd say it's more the Rest nerf and near impossibility of low-% gimping. ;/

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I wish Brawl Jiggly had the aerial maneuverability like Wario. Seriously, why does he move maneuver in the air better than Jigglypuff?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Easier to play =/= better

Jiggz in Brawl for me feels easier than her Melee counterpart but She doesn't feel nearly as effective as she once was.

chubas

Smash Apprentice
I didn't play too much with her in Melee, but her style indeed changed from one game to another. I don't think that radically Jiggs sucks, but certainly the style I used to play has gone. She cannot pressure like before, more stalling now. But that doesn't mean she sucks. I find her difficult to play, but is overall a good character.
Oh, I am not a Jiggs main by any means.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I wish Brawl Jiggly had the aerial maneuverability like Wario. Seriously, why does he move maneuver in the air better than Jigglypuff?
This. That's the first thing I noticed. Seriously, her horizontal movement in the air definitely increased, but it cost what I considered the most important thing for her in Melee: ease of direction switch. She is slower at changing direction in the air now, and it seems like Wario inherited that. Would never have expected that.... :dizzy:

Top Bottom