• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawls for the PT matchup?

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if I could get any DKs to brawl my PT; I really want to work on the PT matchup, which is apparently a counter.

FC: 2878 9265 3162

sorry if anyone thinks this is spam or anything, just don't bother flaming.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
uhh

you're in nevada right? play cbk

but from my matches with typh, I can tell you that you should just stick to charizard as much as possible, and get the hell away from using squirtle. Ivysaur is passable, but he's ivysaur, so you have to watch for gimps.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I dont like fighting against Squirtle. :(

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
uhh

you're in nevada right? play cbk

but from my matches with typh, I can tell you that you should just stick to charizard as much as possible, and get the hell away from using squirtle. Ivysaur is passable, but he's ivysaur, so you have to watch for gimps.
That's a little bit of why I want to practice the matchup, CBK destroys my Lucario. And yeah, I never use Squirtle anyway, he's the reason PT has more meh matchups.

Also I'll be on soon pie.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur is extremely annoying to face as DK in my experience

Luigi player

Smash Master
squirtle gets ***** by dk, typh's best was 89% before I ko'd him, his second best was 44%, the average is in the 40s, squirts cannot get in
Yeah, maybe against DK... but usually Squirtle is really good =/ I can't imagine Ivysaur being a bigger problem for DK than Squirtle though...

Squirtle has 60 % combos on some characters if he get's just one utilt... I think DK would also be one of those.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
typh plays charizard and squirtle, not sure on ivysaur

also, the utilt thing is without DI, and mainly on fastfallers
From the people I've played who use Pokemon Trainer, none of them used Ivysaur against me, so I don't really know anything against Ivysaur. Squirtle isn't that hard, but Charizard gives me trouble.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
i play ivy against DK and bowser and maybe some other heavy characters i'm forgetting

i also namesearch on smashboards

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Apparently Ivysaur's Bair is the bane of DK, and sometimes Bullet Seed is gay, but yeah, <3 gimps. His FSmash is kinda quick and though too, so I'd watch that. Squirtle doens't last if you know what you're doing, and Charizard and DK go about even imo.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
For Squirtle, everything but his Dair is single hit IIRC, so super armor on up+b racks damage and kill moves are early and plentiful.

Ivysaur is the one I personally have the most trouble with, good spacing moves and spammable projectiles make it hard to get in but if you catch him near an edge with a grab, walkoff cargo dthrow away from the edge is ****.

Charizard is about even, again SA is useful as long as you keep an eye out for Rock Smash. Flamethrower is annoying, but meh.

Top Bottom