• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawling for Babies, A charity event January 18th 2009 12:30 pm

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
Gaming World with All In One Collectibles will be having a charity event for It's My Heart January 16th through the 18th. It’s My Heart is a non-profit organization created to provide support, spread awareness, educate and advocate for those affected by Acquired and Congenital Heart Defects by creating alliances with fellow families, hospitals, support groups and the community. Our vision for this website is to create an interactive online community for those seeking support and information regarding Congenital Heart Defects. Did you Know? Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the United States each year as from all forms of childhood cancers combined. Yet funding for pediatric cancer research is 5 times higher than funding for CHD

This link will give you some facts about congenital heart defects.
http://www.itsmyheart.org/chd-information/chd-facts/

This is your chance to play the game you love and help out a good cause. A part of the proceeds will be going to It's My Heart. We will also be accepting donations now until the event and if you or someone you know would like to sponsor the event just let us know.

January 18th will be the competitive Brawl Event. We will have singles and doubles. Registration will start at 11:00 am and tourney to try and start by 12:30 pm. Come early to be able to free play. Thanks to some of our sponsors we will have lunch for everyone that enters a tournament.

We could use 3 additional Wiis, it would be appreciated for anyone that could bring it.

All In One Collectibles(Gaming World is inside)
490 East Main St. (Rt. 53)
Unit 4
Denville, NJ. 07834
(973)664-0912
visit www.1gamingworld.com
Email- 1gamingworld@live.com

House Fee: $6
Spectator Fee: $5
1v1: $10
2vs2: $5 ($10 in total)

Prize:
Singles
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Doubles-
1st- 70%
2nd-30%

This is a bring your own controller event, any standard controller is acceptable.

General Rules
* Items are set to OFF
* The stock is set to 3
* The stock time limit is set to 7:00.
* All sets are best of 3 matches except the championship set which is best of 5
* Ties will be broken by lives, then by percentage. If competitors are at the same percentage at time out, then the tie will be broken by a 1 stock on the same stage. In the event of another time out win goes to lower percentage.
If bowser suicide side-bs an opponent and the game registers a tie, the win goes to bowser automatically.
* Excessive stalling is banned.
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON
* Wireless controllers are discouraged however all methods of play (e.g. classic controller) are allowed.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.
* Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
* Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the stages available for counterpicking.
* You are responsible to bring your own controller. Wireless controllers are highly discourage, if you can get a wired one bring it.
* Controller mods of ANY kind, except for cosmetic changes, are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
* Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. Third party controllers or pads that have these features are discouraged. if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.
* Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
* Tactics such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Fox's Shine are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match is banned.

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match. You may request a double blind pick.
2. Each player may announce their Random and Counterpick stage elimination.
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List, or opponents may agree upon a stage.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages
Pokémon Stadium 2
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Norfair

Everything else is banned

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Looking forward to attending this. Raised brow at Pokemon Stadium 2 as a CP, but I'll live.

Great job making this a partial charity event; more tournaments in this fashion would be sweet. I'll likely bring my Wii as well.

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
Looking forward to attending this. Raised brow at Pokemon Stadium 2 as a CP, but I'll live.

Great job making this a partial charity event; more tournaments in this fashion would be sweet. I'll likely bring my Wii as well.
Thanks were hoping for good attendance and this will be a whole weekend thing. Any help would be appreciated
I should also mention to people that we may have local newspapers at the event, we just aren't sure what day they will be there. And maybe even the local TV station just because I know there are people that are a little paranoid about getting their picture taken or maybe even being on tv so that everyone is advised ahead of time. They will be covering one of the charity days but we haven't been told which one as of yet.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
This is on the same day as the biggest tourn NJ will have in six months.

You're just incredible.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Just for the sake of your charity GW, you might want to reschedule this. I mean no hostility whatsoever, charities are cool. But Inui's tourney is supposed to be huge. Do your best to move it, and I really am just giving friendly advice.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
children with heart problems from what i read. it's a good cause. i'll see what i can do to support it.

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
60% of the proceeds of this event but i think there's going to be a heroclix and a World of Warcraft tournament on Sunday as well. But everyone who signs up will get food and drinks.

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
they have a card game and a minis game(it's heroclix like) there will be people at the event that will sit and teach anyone that wants to learn.

gamer490

Smash Cadet
Didn't you mean the house fee is going to charity? Talk to you later

gamer490

Smash Cadet
There is a Heroclix Tournament at 1:00 and World of Warcraft as well. FREE food to all tournament players. There will also be Door prize drawings all weekend.

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
So wait, you're taking 60% for charity, then charging us a 6$ house fee? Are you high?
the pot isn't touched at all. The house fee is what is going to charity. The pot entry collected from the players is going to just the players. The house fee is higher because that and the spectator fee is going to the charity. But players are getting their chance at door prizes and are getting food and some drinks, thanks to our sponsors. Now it isn't an all you can eat buffet but everyone will be entitled to some of whatever is available that day. We haven't completely coordinated with our sponsors what were getting what day but we so far have Blimpies, a pizza place, and a Spanish place all contributing food for this good cause

For more info on what is going on what day. Go to

www.allinonecollectibles.com

gamer490

Smash Cadet
That is what I thought. This is a great cause to support. FREE sandwiches from Blimpies and FREE pizza from Tabor Pizza.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
the pot isn't touched at all. The house fee is what is going to charity. The pot entry collected from the players is going to just the players. The house fee is higher because that and the spectator fee is going to the charity. But players are getting their chance at door prizes and are getting food and some drinks, thanks to our sponsors. Now it isn't an all you can eat buffet but everyone will be entitled to some of whatever is available that day. We haven't completely coordinated with our sponsors what were getting what day but we so far have Blimpies, a pizza place, and a Spanish place all contributing food for this good cause

For more info on what is going on what day. Go to

www.allinonecollectibles.com
I give you guys a lot of ****. I straight up call you on every bull**** move you make, and this is why I do it.

Either, you go the **** away forever, or you do cool **** like this.

dmbrandon Supports this. Step it up, NJ.

gamer490

Smash Cadet
You can donate directly at All In One Collectibles. Make checks payable to It's My Heart or you can donate cash which will be directly donated following the events weekend. We are hoping this event is a huge success and we can try and do it as an annual event. We look forward to all participants who can come out to support it.

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
I would so try to go to this but I'm going back to school that day. I still feel obligated to donate though, is there somewhere online or something?
You can send a check addressed to It's My Heart to

All In One Collectibles
490 East Main St. (Rt. 53)
Unit 4
Denville, NJ. 07834

For everyone else I hope you guys can make this event and support a good cause

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
tonight at 7pm we have our non-competitive tournament for Brawl. Anyone who enters gets food and a drink. Today starts the charity weekend for it's my heart. Support a good cause and play the game you love.

Then on Sunday we have the "Brawling for Babies" Event so hope everyone can make it.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
If you can start it later I'll be able to go to this. I'd really like to go. Babies are awesome.

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
we'll probably start by one. we usually start a little later. So hopefully you can make it.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Can't make this after all... something came up.

I can still make contributions to the charity through its site though, right? I gots love for babies.

Top Bottom