• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlg Updates

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
As y’all have probably noticed, we have a new blogger amongst us. Mic and I got waylaid by other Smashboards-related tasks, so we decided to experiment with a different direction for the Brawlg. Up until now, I’ve felt like we were a portal to GoNintendo. Most of our news stories came from there or from Joystiq, and there was little original content.

Then the Dojo started updating, which meant the majority of our updates would be gleaned from there. Our readers deserve better.

With so much new information, we’ll definitely be getting the podcast going again soon. We’re still experimenting with what style is best — a commenter nailed it when he said the Blog should provide short, news-related posts alongside Kirbykid’s opinion pieces. Ultimately, I would like to have 3-4 bloggers that run the gamut from casual to pro smasher, while retaining a focus on news and rumors.

Let us know how we’re doing. Some big integrations are in the works for Smashboards, and hopefully some layout changes as well. I’m assuming everyone is as tired of the Blog’s skin as I am ;) If you have any suggestions for what you would like to see, let us know in the comments trail.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Wooh! Dunno, I kinda like the current layout. I’d probably make sure any changes work toward visual association with Smash Dojo or the Smash Boards. Keep things unified.

L

Lava

Yeah, unified is a good thing. The same, or similar smashboards themes would be cool. The old school yellow/black the standard one right? “Revolution” is it? Above all though, keep it clean and simple. That’s one thing it already has going for it, even if it IS devoid of all life. ;)

Well, now I’m actually starting to think about it and…

—A big Smash logo somewhere is a much needed addition. (Whether or not that’s legal.)

—MAYBE some cool artwork/screenshots, but only if it’s tasteful/clean/yeah.

—The DOJO theme isn’t a bad idea.^^

Eh, hard to say. Good luck, and hurry up with the podcast! Me like! Me want hear new intro music! Waiting for months! (Sorry, I lose control every once in a while.)

I like hearing IGN’s weekly Wii podcasts, but they scarcely even mention Smash Brothers. I’m counting on you guys.

M

Master Makoku

U should also try to add the two movies. Screens would be good. A new look wouldn’t hurt. But these are just suggestions.

Top Bottom