• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlEX+PM Template V.0.2 + Clone Guide

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I used dolphin to basically make it so I need feedback from wiii users as well. Also note: The first clone sonic(sanic) doesn't work and will most likely crash your game if you load a stage.
Ok thanks for telling me, I plan to test this after school today I had a busy weekend so I didn't get to test it.

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet

Cahalan

Smash Ace
okay for starters, try re-downloading it in case you run into any bugs

and for installation, it's a drag and drop process (make sure you get the one for your build; vPM or PMEX)

changing the icon style requires that you use BBox to replace the MiscData[70] within the .pac of your choice.

The cmpr versions of the files for the PMEX layout are for larger builds, so if you crash, time to switch.

and also for the PMEX layout is a an included CSSRoster.dat to have a better organized roster (be sure to put this file in the Brawlex folder of your PMEX build)

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
okay for starters, try re-downloading it in case you run into any bugs

and for installation, it's a drag and drop process (make sure you get the one for your build; vPM or PMEX)

changing the icon style requires that you use BBox to replace the MiscData[70] within the .pac of your choice.

The cmpr versions of the files for the PMEX layout are for larger builds, so if you crash, time to switch.

and also for the PMEX layout is a an included CSSRoster.dat to have a better organized roster (be sure to put this file in the Brawlex folder of your PMEX build)
Would this replace any character cosmetics I would have added or replaced?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
The CSPs from your build's selcharacter.pac are in char_bust_tex_lz77 within the .pac. Export that file and replace the one that comes in my css. One problem though is that in PMEX, some additional costumes are added (like Dry Bowser Recolors and Headband Puff) so be sure you have all of the cosmetics or you'll crash when you get to that costume slot in game.

Last edited:

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
The CSPs from your build's selcharacter.pac are in char_bust_tex_lz77 within the .pac. Export that file and replace the one that comes in my css. One problem though is that in PMEX, some additional costumes are added (like Dry Bowser Recolors and Headband Puff) so be sure you have all of the cosmetics or you'll crash when you get to that costume slot in game.
ok how do I change my clone's css icon to match the style of the ones you supplied in the enhanced css

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
Would I have to change the size of the icons to have no name on it, what would I have to do to have the Css icons to appear with no name in the css?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
the no name thing is already in my custom css. If you want your own take on the CSS icons it's recommended that it matches the size and positioning of the original images.

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
the no name thing is already in my custom css. If you want your own take on the CSS icons it's recommended that it matches the size and positioning of the original images.
How would I do the no name thing, do I just leave out the names in misc data 70?

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
I'm having quite a bit of trouble I've been playing around in brawlbox all day and can't get this the way I want it, so here's what I want I want to have the css icons be normal size except have no name on the icons how would I be able to achieve this? What do I need to delete, replace or add exactly, I would extremely appreciate it.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
oh so you just want the nameless css?
OK, here's what Narpa's Sword said some time ago:
1) Go into projectm>pf>system>common5.pac and open the file with Brawl Box.
2) Go into sc_selcharacter_en and then to MiscData[30]
3) There you will find a tab that says "AnmChr", expand that.
4) Search for the file named "MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0", expand that as well
5) Click on "nameEA7" and write -100 on Translation -> Y

But since the CSS's .pac is now separate, start from step 2 (note the the "_en" part of the name may not be there).

Last edited:

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
oh so you just want the nameless css?
OK, here's what Narpa's Sword said some time ago:
1) Go into projectm>pf>system>common5.pac and open the file with Brawl Box.
2) Go into sc_selcharacter_en and then to MiscData[30]
3) There you will find a tab that says "AnmChr", expand that.
4) Search for the file named "MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0", expand that as well
5) Click on "nameEA7" and write -100 on Translation -> Y

But since the CSS's .pac is now separate, start from step 2 (note the the "_en" part of the name may not be there).
Thanks for the info I'll try it when I get home and let you know.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Ondo Ondo I tried using your Compact CSS and did all the steps but everytime I load the game it freezes on the CSS, do you know why?
Um, first guess, if you're using Ridley (or any other new character) you'll need to add all their cosmetic stuff, as it's not in there to start with.

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
Hey so I'm having trouble with BPs can someone pls give me a quick step by step just for adding BPs to a clone.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Do the BrawlEX files go into projectm\pf or into private\wii\app\RSBE\pf ?

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
Do the BrawlEX files go into projectm\pf or into private\wii\app\RSBE\pf ?
Click on the link above this one for a guide, and there should be a Brawlex folder, if there isn't you've got a wrong build and your in the wrong thread

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
Hey can anyone show me how to add more stages, while keeping the ones that already are in pm? And how to add more codes to the gct in the build

CthulhuTron

Smash Rookie
I've got everything working great, (thanks btw) but I've got choppy audio because of setting my gecko hook type to AXNextFrame. What do I do?

Last edited:
While I do appreciate that this is a template thread, I also feel the thread creator should have known that all most people would want from this is their build+Ridley. I would have uploaded a fresh build with Ridley and given them the tools to do more than that if they wanted to.

I've got everything working great, (thanks btw) but I've got choppy audio because of setting my gecko hook type to AXNextFrame. What do I do?
Switch to vbi! :)

Last edited:

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know where id find fighterconfig cssslotconfig and slotconfig for pit/sonic/toon link?

trying to fix the less than stellar lyn/knux/isaac in alm5252's pm ex build..and i cant find them in my folders.. x.x

oddzxc

Smash Cadet
I recently added Lyn in from the dev build, she works fine but everytime i double jump, she goes into a t pose. Any way to fix this?

Attachments

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I recently added Lyn in from the dev build, she works fine but everytime i double jump, she goes into a t pose. Any way to fix this?
You CANNOT Talk about the dev build here but, I know the fix, go into Lyn's FighterConfig at change her air jumps to 1

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
So I've been playing around with version 0.5 and I'm experiencing the game crashing in random places all over. And I haven't even tried adding a character yet. Anyone else having any problems with this?

Top Bottom