• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Brawler Style Discussion

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
Some more thoughts on brawler + some techs.

First the techs.
1. It seems that if you do the backflip down B(#2), and then do his headache maker side B(#3) as soon as possible, you'll do it right on the ground with no jump, almost no animation, and almost no recovery. You can do this out of the kick as well, but it seems hit or miss(seems to be best to wait until you're low to the ground to do the kick). If you can't get it to work, just go to battlefield, stand under a lower platform, and do his side B. It should look something like that.

2. If you do the kick so that you hit the ground, and then go off the ledge, you eliminate ALL recovery and can act immediately. This makes your near the ledge game extremely brutal, as you can angle/time a kick to hit right on the ledge, and then immediately cancel into anything(jump, normal, special, whatever). This is a lot like wavedashing off the edge in melee. It does work on things like battlefields platforms, and gives him crazy amounts of mobility and options on such stages.

So with that said-
Brawler seems pretty decent. I'm still yet to really get to test him since i play for glory, but I think he's got what it takes to be useable. His gameplan seems to mostly revolve around dthrow into combos, followed by a great horizontal off stage game, with some ok smashes should that fail. Meh vertical recovery, but some of the best horizontal in the game.

Neutral A- Not great, but it works.

Ftilt- Same as falcons in that it can be angled, and in the same way fills some decent gaps for combos and spacing.

dtilt- sets up for combo's wonderfully. Combo's into up tilt and up B at the very least, maybe more.

utilt- more juggle/combo stuff. Great move.

Smashes- all are fine with nothing super great about them. Upsmash stands out a bit being fox's, but beyond that they're all worth using.

Nair- It's a sex kick, we all know how good these are.

Fair- GREAT for combos, chasing, gimping, etc. Spam the hell out of this move.

Uair- not quite as good as fair(less hitstun, but also less knockback) but good for racking up damage and keeping them within guessing range.

Bair- Doesn't kill as early as i'd like, but it's still a wonderful move for getting people off the stage.

Dair- meteor smash. Nuff said. The only real issue is you can't chase downwards all that well because your vertical recovery sucks.

Throws- they're all really really good, but dthrow sets up true combo's at low %'s and leaves your opponent in an awful guessing game at higher ones.

Neutral B-
1. Shotput- this seems quite legit. The damage isn't great and the windup/range are bleh, but at the same time the arc it covers is awesome. Great spacing/punishment tool and wonderful at racking up damage while they try to recover from below(his hardest appraoch.)

2. Uppercut- it's like littlemacs in that it has no knockback in the air, but is still nice damage. Kills at a decent % and has armor on full charge. Can combo into it at certain %'s from Dthrow(never for the kill, but for nice damage). You do move forward when you do the move, so it can pass through people at point blank and get you punished. Seems best as an AA option.

3. Fire kick- I think this has some armor, but otherwise it's falcon punch. Thankfully it's fast enough now that you can use such a thing.

Overall- use what you'd like. I think any of them could work depending on your style. Fire kick is probably the riskiest.

Side B-
1. Onslaught- AKA raptor boost. It's a decent kill move at high %'s or near the top of the stage(somewhere you can find yourself often). Unfortunately even on hit you go into recovery state and the hitbox can be wonky leading you to whiff most the hits, but still do the animation. Sadly it doesn't spike if done in the air, but oh well. Either way it's useable.

2. Burning kick- like luigi's with slightly different properties and no backfire. The main issue i have with this move is that on whiff the ending lag is HUGE. This makes it easy to punish and hard to recover with. That said it doesn't put you in a recovery state, which is a plus, and there's a sweet spot for the instant version if you're point blank, which gives it 3 more damage and more knockback. Might be his best for side B.

3. Headache maker- I want to like this. Above tech aside, it seems meh. It combos from dthrow at low %'s, and covers an interesting angle, but it's instant death over the edge, and while one of the tips claims it can spike, i've yet to ever hit it. The hitbox is much worse than it looks. Maybe useable, but easily the worst of the 3 so far.

Overall- Kick probably wins, but onslaught has its uses. I'm all ears if someone has a compelling argument for headache.

Up B-

Overall- keeping it short because there's less to say. 1(axe kick) seems weak since it's suicidal in nature and may be able to be DI'd out of. Further you can actually be facing the wrong way and not grab the ledge. Your mileage may vary but so far it seems simply inferior. That said the only choice between 2 and 3 is how much recovery vs kill power. 2 gives better recovery with some kill power and 3 gives only vertical, and less, for LOTS of kill power.

Down B-
1. Headon assault- Like bowsers down B or your headace maker except worse in every possible way. Didn't test if it could break shields in one hit, but besides that if's flat out awful. Huge startup, no hitbox on the way up(only point blank at the start), won't combo into itself in many cases, cannot really be combo'd into. The only upside is it puts the opponent in the ground which could lead to easy smash's at some %, but i didn't bother to test since like most of these moves, it's usually quite easy to get out of. Probably worthless(shield thing might save it if it can do that).

2. Feint jump- Almost certainly required. The best move he has BY FAR. Gives another jump, a wall jump, and a kick you can aim either way at any time during the move, and the above wavedash like edge properties(0 lag if the kick slides off an edge) without putting you in a helpless state. It's just too good not to have. This is what lets you chase people horizontally off a stage, and gives you crazy mobility and options near a ledge, and is still just a decent attack/approach option. I really can't see playing this character without this move.

3. Foot flurry- meh. It's not awful. It's raptor boost on the ground and then a stationary kick combo in the air. the air combo can't be combo'd into from anything i know, but does decent damage and stalls(without putting you in a recovery state). It can be done multiple times in the air, but after the first time it will no longer float. The problem is that it knocks to the side and is very tricky to land in the air and more importantly, competes with feint jump

Overall- Pick feint jump. Maybe someone better than me can make foot flurry work, but dear god not taking feint jump feels like getting rid of peaches float. It easily defines the character and their options. learn it, love it, use it.

Alpha8Bit

Smash Rookie
So since I can't play Mii Brawler on For Glory I need some help. Who do you guys think has the closest fighting style to the mii brawler? Also, I've grown to love my brawler with Shot Put, Onslaught, Helicopter Kick, and Feint Jump with his equipment giving him +38 Attack, -42 Defense, and +13 Speed. I just really want someone who plays like the brawler to use on Glory mode.

Frostav

Smash Apprentice
I love this character, and find that Foot Flurry (3rd Down-B) to be a really good move at times because it can be short-hopped to instantly trap an opponent and do a ton of damage to them. Your mileage may vary though.

RWB

Smash Ace
Side B-
1. Onslaught- AKA raptor boost. It's a decent kill move at high %'s or near the top of the stage(somewhere you can find yourself often). Unfortunately even on hit you go into recovery state and the hitbox can be wonky leading you to whiff most the hits, but still do the animation. Sadly it doesn't spike if done in the air, but oh well. Either way it's useable.
I've been trying out Brawler against a pretty good Zero Suit Samus, and Onslaught is vital. If ZSS tries to space with a roll- use this, it's an excellent roll punish. Even if stale, it kills at about 120-125. It's also a solid recovery option. I honestly think it's the best Side B. When it's not stale, it's almost as powerful as Piston Punch.

Overall- keeping it short because there's less to say. 1(axe kick) seems weak since it's suicidal in nature and may be able to be DI'd out of. Further you can actually be facing the wrong way and not grab the ledge. Your mileage may vary but so far it seems simply inferior. That said the only choice between 2 and 3 is how much recovery vs kill power. 2 gives better recovery with some kill power and 3 gives only vertical, and less, for LOTS of kill power.
Tested both. 3 gives a lot more height, but no horizontal movement. The power difference is not that different either actually- Hurricane Kick kills only 10% after Piston Punch(dunno how different that is with vectors).

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I've been trying out Brawler against a pretty good Zero Suit Samus, and Onslaught is vital. If ZSS tries to space with a roll- use this, it's an excellent roll punish. Even if stale, it kills at about 120-125. It's also a solid recovery option. I honestly think it's the best Side B. When it's not stale, it's almost as powerful as Piston Punch.

Tested both. 3 gives a lot more height, but no horizontal movement. The power difference is not that different either actually- Hurricane Kick kills only 10% after Piston Punch(dunno how different that is with vectors).

I have to agree with you on the Side B choice, like raptor boost, it can kill and it should mainly be used as a punish tool, it's not safe to use in neutral but the fact that its a kill move off of a punish is good enough to warrant it usable.

As for Hurricane Kick vs Piston Punch, I find myself liking Piston Punch alot more. Mostly due to the fact that it's already strong, can be used out of shield, and it has better recovery than the Hurricane Kick.

As for the other two B moves I use the shot put because it give's the Brawler a zoning tool so he doesn't have to approach, and the Feint Jump because like stated by many others, it's clearly the best down b.

RWB

Smash Ace
Yeah, also noticed that Piston is a lot more powerful near the top of the screen than Hurricane.

I can score some cheap 40- kills of the top if I catch Mario on the highest platform with Piston, Hurricane Kick does not do that.

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
Hmm i'll have to give piston another go then, especially since i run Feint kick on down B for more than enough horizontal recovery.

Also i'm pretty certain I agree on the side B choice. I love onslaught, but i feel i may be biased as I just don't like, nor really give much testing, to drop kick.

I did test the hell out of headache maker, and while it might not be quite as bad as it first seems, it's still sooooo sub par in comparison. The combo off of a down throw is meh, since you'll likely go into tilt/aerial shenanigans, and otherwise it's just too telegraphed and unsafe. If it spiked on any point in the hit and had a larger hit box maybe, but right now it's just too situational. I did however finally get the meteor smash from it, but i'm just practicing on CPU's and landing that thing is hard as hell, screw even trying it on players unless there's some really neat % based setup to be found(and so far I can't find one.)

RWB

Smash Ace
Note that used from the ground, Hurricane is killing almost as early as Piston, it's once you catch the opponent above you(hopefully sent up by your move?) Piston shines in comparison, as it carries the opponent closer to the blast zone+have an edge in launching power.

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
Note that used from the ground, Hurricane is killing almost as early as Piston, it's once you catch the opponent above you(hopefully sent up by your move?) Piston shines in comparison, as it carries the opponent closer to the blast zone+have an edge in launching power.
Yeah i did some messing around vs the CPU, and the kill difference when you catch them above say, battlefield, is noticeable.

My one issue with piston is that I really like to do feint kick shenanigans near the edge, and with 0 horizontal movement even after the move finishes, it makes that a little more risky, but I'd still say it's certainly viable, and maybe even the best option given how badly we need vertical recovery anyways, and just how much kill power it brings.

On that note, what are you guys using for neutral B? I've got the uppercut because it's just so good at racking up damage and giving a really easy and powerful punish. Being able to combo into it at the 30% range is great for when you land a throw, and later using your gimp game you can usually net an easy punish after they whiff an up B. How about the rest of you?

RWB

Smash Ace
Mostly using Shot Put, but Ultimate Uppercut is pretty legit as well.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I love this character so much and I'm pissed you can't play him online.

I use me as my Mii and it's like I'm Bruce Lee (there's a rhyme for you). Next Imma make my grandma.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So i've been playing with Mii Brawler A LOT. I've come up with a few strats

Ledge cancelling the Feint Jump is god like. If you hit an opponent and ledge cancel with it you can immediately jump and follow up with just about anything, the two that generally are the best are the d-air or the Piston Punch. The d-air will connect if the opponent is around 60% ish and using the Pistion Punch can work at percents higher than that. It's a fantastic combo.

It should also be noted that if you ledge cancel the Feint jump, you'll have your 2nd jump and ANOTHER feint jump, use this to your advantage and you can maneuver all around the stage like you're parkouring the hell out if it. Such a fantastic move.

Speaking of fantastic moves, Piston Punch has to be one of the single best Up B's in the game. It's pretty much instantaneous and can be done out of shield. Pretty much anything combo's into it and it can't really be DI'd out of. It's downside is that the opponent has plenty of time to vector it but then again, if you catch the opponent with it when they're near the top of the stage they're pretty much as good as dead. This move on the ground has a huge hitbox, it starts up just as fast as Bowser's Up B and is stronger and goes higher than Little Mac's Up B, both on ground and in the air. Seriously, this move is a force to be reckoend with.

As for Onslaught, it's Falcon's raptor boost but better, as it still kills if it connects in the air whereas Falcon's sends them down. This move should only be used if you know you can punish the opponent, most notably, if you predict that the opponent will roll away from you, that's the best time to use it. I'd like to think if you can get any sort of punish off, you'd want to use your F-smash, its hard to land, but its your best kill move.

Speaking of which, this is what I rank Brawler's kill moves from most practical to least practical. AKA, the top moves are what you should be killing with most.

1. Piston Punch (Strong and Practical)
2. Onslaught (Strong but situational)
3. Usmash (Weak but Practical)
4. Fsmash (Very Strong but very situational)
5. Dsmash (Weaker but Practical)

Finally I'd just like to address Shot Put vs Uppercut, I myself have been using the Shot Put mostly due to the fact that I love having a projectile to bait opponents into coming at me, it does a ton of damage and pretty much forces the opponents to play the game that I want to play, it lets me deal with other campers as well as the weird arch it has usually goes over everything else, it beats a lot of other projectiles too. I haven't found much use for the Uppercut as it's useless in the air, it takes a while to charge up, and its not really something you can combo into. It's too much to sacrifice having a projectile for.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
From my experience of the Brawler (probably being the only character I've ever really played in Sm4sh for the moment) I have found that the character has its ups and downs. The character is really good at recovery and deals good, reliable damage with potential for good combos (A couple I had found being about 33%-45% damage in a good period of time) while at the same time suffering from shorter range and lower mobility without the aid of its specials.

From reading all of this, I'm pleased to see such variety in the builds and how viable they seem to be, meaning that the custom moves don't strictly outshine each other.

In any regard, here's how I play the character, which has been giving me a significant amount of success at least against the CPUs.

Typically I tend to go for a mix of quick continuous damage and defensive countering, working my opponent into a more defensive state and punishing them when they try to retaliate and miss. With the metagame being a fair bit more defensive than before, at least for now, it also provides a bonus that forces my opponent into a more aggressive and riskier stance. To better supplement this, I use these specials:

Neutral: Ultimate Uppercut
Up: Helicopter Kick
Down: Foot Flurry
Side: Burning Dropkick

I guess the moves were down to flavour, since I usually find martial styles based around kicks aesthetically cooler, even if they aren't strictly practical. All the moves except the neutral special have the added bonus of applying mobility, which helps provide pressure and give me the upper hand in a fight.

With the dropkick, I have a reliable recovery akin to Luigi's and is the second most damaging special move on hand (18% when fully charged). It has a great deal of horizontal distance, and best yet, it takes priority over other, similar moves (Falcon's Raptor Boost and Falcon Kick, as well as Fox's Mirage are examples I have thus far come across) making it a somewhat reliable counter, given the short start up time when not charged. This and foot flurry I use to keep moving on the field while under the cover of a hit box; if I hit, that's good, I've dealt some decent damage and that's that, but if I miss I've created some distance between myself and my target, forcing them to chase me and giving me further opportunities to react.

The Foot Flurry also helps provide some cover when dealing with aerial combat, as the move stops you in the air to attack downwards, discouraging attackers from chasing me while airborne.

The Helicopter kick is more for damage than it is recovery, and can supply some decent launching power.

The ultimate Uppercut is actually quite... scary, and very satisfying to use. I will admit, despite the moves apparent power the knockback when hitting a low percentage target is poor, but there are things to consider when using it, and I believe that it can potentially be the most dangerous move in the Mii Brawler's lineup.

Ultimate Uppercut is, much like DK's punch, a charging move. At first I thought it might have some significance, as the portrait on the lower screen twinkles a little when the move is fully charged, but after testing, the character doesn't have any immediate bonuses that would warrant something like charging the fist and then holding onto the attack.

The appeal lies in the move's execution. By hitting the opponent at the base of the hit, you deal the move's maximum damage (for my Mii, it's 22%). From testing, this appears to be the move's sweet spot, as hitting an opponent at the height of the jump yields less damage (17%). The knock back, while not significant, is thematically better. How? Well, when using the move on a 'fresh' target, it appears to yield the same trail of smoke you would get from knocking someone further away, This prevents the opponent from reacting initially, allowing for some good combo potential (With this, I have managed to do two jabs, then the Uppercut, before using a non-charged forward smash, resulting in 45% damage and some good distance for my mobility tactics).

The move's speed is glorious for punishes, as mentioned before, as dealing that much damage so quickly can be great for setting up further combos.

haelcher

Smash Rookie
After some CPU testing, there were a couple things I noticed about some of these moves.

First off, Foot Flurry (Down 3) looks like it might have been useful to punish just getting up from the ledge, since when grounded it carries people way out (I KOed a Greninja at 85% from the ledge). It's unfortunate that Feint Jump (Down 2) is as great as it is, since it's hard for me to justify anything over that.

I did quite a bit of testing with Headache Maker, and I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I'll say it here just in case: the key to making it do anything of value is to double tap B when using it (so SideBB instead of SideB). This dramatically speeds up the attack, and while it still is insta-death off the edge and has enormous ending lag, I think it's quick enough on startup to potentially have some use. I've also been able to land the meteor several times, almost always when I wasn't aiming for it. It seems to happen right before the hands reach horizontal. I haven't been able to get consistent with it though. There also seems to be sweet/sour spots with the attack. You get some horizontal movement with it if used in the air. I've had some fun platforming on Battlefield where I'd run off the side platforms and attack the center one this way. You can also use this to attack the Yoshi's Island platform by doing a shorthop first. Aside from that, it wrecked the CPU players who always air-dodge early, and might help you escape juggles. Not sure if I'd use it over Onslaught though, as it's still hard to aim and easy to punish on a miss, but it's not nearly as useless as say Head-on Assault for me.

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Jigglymaster you made me change my ways. I used Foot Flurry but that video made me go to Training and see just how freaking awesome Ledge-cancelled Feint Jump is. I'll begin using it from today. Mii Brawler is fantastic.

RWB

Smash Ace
I'll forward that to the Competitive Character impressions thread.

RWB

Smash Ace

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I tested Piston Punching without doing the throw, and at a specific height(can't remember the exact height), it will still KO.
Yeah it works without doing a throw, its just generally the easiest to set up that way. D-tilt will put them in that same kind of position as well.

황미영

Smash Champion
Has someone made a thread about trying to make standardized Mii Fighters? If not. All I propose is something simple, make a new mii and leave all the settings in it's default settings. So weight and height stay in the middle, and they would use their first set of moves. I really love the Mii Brawler and it's sad to see the Mii's banned in tournaments already.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
There's no need to make a new mii, you can just use the Guest Miis (when creating a Mii and accessing your list of Miis, press left and you'll see about 6 guest miis).

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So far I see no current changes in the Mii Brawler from the newest patch. The one inch punch is still in the game just as it was before.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
My theory is that Sakurai is focusing his patching on balancing For Glory matches. This can be good for us... except Miis can't be used in For Glory, so he just overlooked them :(

sfz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3325-3862-8471
piston punch is absolutely brutal on some stages. Kills at VERY low percentages.

RWB

Smash Ace
Been playing some matches against tough players, and discovered that Exploding Side Kick is surprisingly useful. The kill power is massive, and the move armors through a lot of projectiles- I jumped into this move and armored through projectiles to kill with it.

The range is very deceptive- Not only does the Mii move forward with the move, it seems to actually hit a bit in front of the actual animation too!

It's kinda of a strange Falcon Punch-like move, only slightly faster with better armor and range(though I think FP has more knockback).

Honestly, it's not as good as Shot Put, but it's a very respectable move nonetheless.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So with the good news that Mii Fighters can use 1111, 2222, and 3333 loadouts at APEX. We should take a moment to start discussing how to make the best use of those 3 loadouts.

1111: Shotput, Onslaught, Soaring Axe Kick, Head-on-Assault

Obviously this loadout isn't very good. Mostly due to the fact that Soaring Axe Kick is the worst up B of the 3 he can have and Head-on-Assault doesn't do much for us either. Shotput and Onslaught are both good moves, but they aren't enough to carry this set into being viable

2222: Ultimate Uppercut, Burning Dropkick, Helicopter Kick, Feint Jump

Best loadout of the 3 IMO. Feint jump is an incredibly important move to the Brawler. Giving him superb mobility and recovery. It just so also happens that Helicopter Kick is in this loadout as well, which, those two moves alone are enough to make Brawler S tier. Ultimate Uppercut isn't bad nor is Burning Drop Kick, they're both sidegrades to Shotput and Onslaught.

3333: Exploding Side Kick, Headache Maker, Piston Punch, Foot Flurry

Better than 1111, but worse than 2222. Piston Punch is very strong in its own right (though its heavily debated that Helicopter Kick is stronger which I think it is), but it honestly can't pull itself into viability due to the fact that it lacks any other good special moves. Especially lacking Feint Jump, Brawler almost has no horizontal recovery what so ever as he has no Side B or Down B to help him back, and his up B doesn't give him any horizontal recovery either. Headache maker has yet to find a use, and Exploding Side kick is about as good as FP can be in comp play. Foot Flurry is okay, but it won't do the Brawler justice.

With that said, lets focus on these 3 loadouts and see what we can come up with. We're going to need it for APEX.

RWB

Smash Ace
When was that revealed, Jigglymaster? I can only find a post saying standard height 1111...

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Is this insider information? I'm looking at the rulebook now and it still says 1111. I'm not saying I don't believe it, but it would be nice to have additional confirmation.

Also, I'm assuming the default mii rule is going unchanged? That's okay for now, I suppose. We probably need to get more exposure on knowledge of how the body types work before the community can really make a decision there.

Still, Ultimate Uppercut. Ech...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
When was that revealed, Jigglymaster? I can only find a post saying standard height 1111...
Is this insider information? I'm looking at the rulebook now and it still says 1111. I'm not saying I don't believe it, but it would be nice to have additional confirmation.

Also, I'm assuming the default mii rule is going unchanged? That's okay for now, I suppose. We probably need to get more exposure on knowledge of how the body types work before the community can really make a decision there.

Still, Ultimate Uppercut. Ech...
After the original ruleset came out on Facebook me and a few others had a discussion with The Dulor (Apex Smash 4 TO) and Alex Strife. We convinced them to change this rule to what I stated above and they agreed to it. It should be changing soon I guarantee it. The discussions were made on the APEX 2015 Facebook page for proof. It simply has not been updated yet.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
After the original ruleset came out on Facebook me and a few others had a discussion with The Dulor (Apex Smash 4 TO) and Alex Strife. We convinced them to change this rule to what I stated above and they agreed to it. It should be changing soon I guarantee it. The discussions were made on the APEX 2015 Facebook page for proof. It simply has not been updated yet.
Alright, cool. I found that thread on facebook. Now if only I could get home to run some tests on 2222...

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
Brawler is probably the most fun and versatile out of the three Mii options, and his game plan is also the most clear with easy, swift and cool looking comboes as well as amazing mobility in the air and on the ground I believe Mii brawler is shaping up to be one of the better characters in the game if you're given the permission to use the most competitively viable and appropriate moveset

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Agreed. I just tried out Mii Brawler yesterday and he is unbelievably fun. I have a Shadow the Hedgehog-ish small Mii with Exploding Side Kick, Burning Dropkick, Helicopter Kick and Feint Jump, along with myself with Shot Put, Onslaught, Helicopter Kick and Feint Jump.

All 6 of these specials are quite good, especially Heliocopter Kick since it kills so early from the sides. Brawler has great normals, his jab and up smash in particular. Aerials are all pretty good, but I can't say whether one is better over the others yet. Brawler is very solid and I hope that (s)he and the other Mii Fighters get some usage competitively.

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
HD slideshow of all Mii Brawler outfits up to the current patch, also features a lot of poses and attack animations :)

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - ALL Mii Brawler Outfits (Includes DLC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uR_8R9czUw

Brawler is pretty cool, but I prefer the less popular miis XD

Last edited:

Greeen

Smash Rookie
Here are some things that really stand out to me playing as Brawler:
1. The charged fist is insanely useful because of the heavy armor and the direction it attacks in. You have an opportunity for a free, hard-hitting attack each time your opponent needs to land, as they can either attack you or dodge, both will leave them vulnerable to the heavy armor attack.
2. The Soaring Axe Kick, which is identical to Ike's Aether, is also incredibly useful because of how it spikes the enemy. If you use it on an enemy very close to the edge of the stage, at the peak of the attack you can move away from your foe so that the attack will hit them at the top, but be out of range at the bottom. If properly done, you can spike most characters at 0%. A great way to use this to your advantage is to grapple an opponent at the edge of the stage, throw them down, and follow up with this up-B. The drawback is that this can be impossible to accomplish if your opponent is at a high percentage. This is because the down grapple will launch them too high for the spike to kill them before they can recover. Of course, the nature of this attack also allows you to kill yourself with the enemy, without bothering to get the distance just right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom