• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBuilder - The Ultimate SSBB ISO Builder

zied123

Smash Rookie
What about the error wit executable not found - stopping build.. Please help this error occurs when I click build.

person66

Smash Cadet
What about the error wit executable not found - stopping build.. Please help this error occurs when I click build.
Did you extract all the files before running? There should be a Resources folder in the same directory as BrawlBuilder. Also make sure that the wit.exe file exists inside Resources/wit/

zied123

Smash Rookie
Did you extract all the files before running? There should be a Resources folder in the same directory as BrawlBuilder. Also make sure that the wit.exe file exists inside Resources/wit/
I've already extracted and yea there is a resource folder and inside it there is a wit folder and inside the wit folder there is wit.exe is in wit I don't think it's my problem.. Can you try to fix it?

Last edited:

person66

Smash Cadet
I've already extracted and yea there is a resource folder and inside it there is a wit folder and inside the wit folder there is wit.exe is in wit I don't think it's my problem.. Can you try to fix it?
Hmm, that's strange. The only time that message comes up is if ./Resources/wit/wit.exe doesn't exist. The only reason I can think of where that would happen (if the file does actually exist) is if you are starting BrawlBuilder using a different working directory (from a shortcut or something). I put out an update that works with custom working directories. Give it a try and see if you still get the error.

mediocregopher

Smash Rookie
Hi there! I'm trying to build a pm3.6 iso for use with dolphin. The tool seems to work fine, but the iso that comes out doesn't quite work. It complains about missing memory card, all characters aren't unlocked, stage select isn't the correct layout, and if I actually try to play a match dolphin crashes. Here's the things I've done to try and fix it already:
  • Confirmed my brawl iso md5 (d18726e6dfdc8bdbdad540b561051087)
  • Confirmed my pm files aren't messed up (deleted them, re-downloaded from the /r/ssbpm sidebar)
  • Turned off both sd card and memory cards in dolphin
I'm using brawlbuilder 1.1.2 from the releases tab on github, windows 10. Any help would be appreciated!

person66

Smash Cadet
Hi there! I'm trying to build a pm3.6 iso for use with dolphin. The tool seems to work fine, but the iso that comes out doesn't quite work. It complains about missing memory card, all characters aren't unlocked, stage select isn't the correct layout, and if I actually try to play a match dolphin crashes. Here's the things I've done to try and fix it already:
  • Confirmed my brawl iso md5 (d18726e6dfdc8bdbdad540b561051087)
  • Confirmed my pm files aren't messed up (deleted them, re-downloaded from the /r/ssbpm sidebar)
  • Turned off both sd card and memory cards in dolphin
I'm using brawlbuilder 1.1.2 from the releases tab on github, windows 10. Any help would be appreciated!
Hmm, that's strange, I have the same setup and it works fine. It sounds like your gct file isn't being applied. Are you sure you selected the right thing? It should be a file called RSBE01.gct inside the 'codes' folder in the project m zip. If you still can't get it working try starting brawlbuilder with the --show-wit-debug option (open a command prompt in the brawlbuilder folder, and type 'BrawlBuilder.exe --show-wit-debug' without quotes and hit enter), and then go through the build process and take a screenshot of the command window that comes up during the 'Patching...' stage. Post it here and ill see if theres anything obvious thats going wrong.

Last edited:

mediocregopher

Smash Rookie
So before I was building everything inside of a network share in windows 10, I guess it didn't like that. I copied everything to disk and tried again and it worked better, but still not *totally* working. All characters are unlocked, and stages seem to work, but items default to on >_<

Here's a screenshot of the patching step:

I'm definitely using codes/RSBE01.gct, md5 of it is 29a0aac0affc28d459920bbe5a92830c

EDIT: Another random bug: characters sometimes spawn with an active final smash.

Last edited:

person66

Smash Cadet
So before I was building everything inside of a network share in windows 10, I guess it didn't like that. I copied everything to disk and tried again and it worked better, but still not *totally* working. All characters are unlocked, and stages seem to work, but items default to on >_<

Here's a screenshot of the patching step:

I'm definitely using codes/RSBE01.gct, md5 of it is 29a0aac0affc28d459920bbe5a92830c

EDIT: Another random bug: characters sometimes spawn with an active final smash.
Characters spawning with an active final smash also happens in Brawl (and PM), its called a pity smash, not a bug. Won't happen if you turn off items. Also item settings are stored with your save file, so if you have just made a new save, or if you don't have a save, then they will be the default setting, which is on. As long as you are using a save file, after you switch them off they should stay off.

Last edited:

HypestTeam

Smash Journeyman
Hey Person66, a person using your builder is reporting that he has the original voices from Roy & Mewtwo after using your builder. Quick reporting. I didn't check myself!

HypestTeam

Smash Journeyman
hey, disregard this, it happened because said person was using an old version of CFG. Apparently it caused a bug.. worth noting i guess

HypestTeam

Smash Journeyman
Hey u/Person66 , for some reason stages like Smashville or Yoshi's Island are having invisible walls mid-stage. Can you check this? I'm not sure what is causing it but that's pretty major for tournament play :( When I roll back i'm stuck in between middle stage and don't actually roll back! Another person reported being stuck on Yoshi's Island, but I get both Yoshi's and Smashville.

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
Already looks like a solid alternative to Wiimm Tools but can you add wbfs support? (Build wbfs) for console users such as myself.

ploot

Smash Rookie
So I got it to work on dolphin, but then I tried to use WBFS manager to put it on my wii, but it crashed. I went to the stage select screen and the stages were all messed up looking, then when I selected a level, it froze. It works fine on dolphin. I also tried removing my sd card because it had some other codes on it, but nothing changed. Do you have any idea what's going on?

It'sa Me Nick [Queen]

Smash Rookie
Sorry to bother, but I'm a little bit unsure on how to start this program to begin with. The type of files I'm left with are outside of what I normally am capable of handling...

Last edited:

SillyGoose

Master of QWOP

mateo_donut

Smash Rookie
I can't get this to work with the Supernova Build, posted here (https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/4fqxm4/supernova_local_recording_build_available_for/)

I don't think it uses brawlEx but it does use CBliss? Any ideas why this might not be working?
Has anyone else got this to work?

Oh! So,
I tried to make a vanilla 3.6 one and had this happen:
So I got it to work on dolphin, but then I tried to use WBFS manager to put it on my wii, but it crashed. I went to the stage select screen and the stages were all messed up looking, then when I selected a level, it froze. It works fine on dolphin. I also tried removing my sd card because it had some other codes on it, but nothing changed. Do you have any idea what's going on?
In addition it had a brawl char selec screen.

My brawl md5 is d18726e6dfdc8bdbdad540b561051087 (acceptable)

Last edited:

dataDave

Smash Rookie
Great builder. I especially like being able to incorporate my favourite banner.

Unfortunately my vanilla 3.6 build with the same md5 as above (d18726e6dfdc8bdbdad540b561051087) has some issues...

New Pork City and the Alt. Peach's Castle stage have missing textures.
WarioWare and Delfino Plaza cause the game to crash on attempted load.

Is anyone else having the same problems? Or is it easy to just replace these stages manually?

Thanks again.

$L★Fancy

Smash Rookie
NNID
pr0skillz360op99
dataDave dataDave mostly recommend WiiScrubber for changing stages,had not tried on brawl/pm but on mkw and it worked fine and i use a custom built 7840 for full netplay build of 3.6 and it worked fine (abit off topic and the PMNEtplay game was a .elf)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I encountered a problem with PM3.6 build. Basically, certain sounds randomly stop playing and it gets fixed only when i restart the game. For example, i can have one match with Yoshi and no problems with sound, but in next one, he will be voiceless. He still has other sounds, but not his voice. Sometimes, all sounds of certain characters (or even things like common SFX) stop playing. And then there are random game crashes that happen some time after sounds stop playing. I never had this problem before with untouched Brawl ISO, old PM3.5 ISO builder or SD card. Not even with this builder until recently. I don't think it has anything to do with codes because i have same problem with different .gct used. Any idea what could have caused it? There's also another problem i have (alternate stages not working), but it might be because of codes (cBliss and few other things) and not the builder.

$L★Fancy

Smash Rookie
NNID
pr0skillz360op99
have no idea whats causing it cuz i never used brawlbuilder but i do have it

UltraMegaSuperWario

Smash Rookie
Nyaaa this may seem like a really dumb question but once I download BrawlBuilder what am I even supposed to do with it? Like literally what file do I even attempt to open?

Nevermind I downloaded the wrong thing and ended up with the BrawlBuilder-master folder, it's pretty straight forward with the right files.

Last edited:

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
+1
I've been waiting for this program forever ever since I discovered Legacy M.

Keep up the great work. I hope for Legacy M support soon.:kirby:

#ashBrown

Smash Rookie
I'm not 100% sure where to start in the BrawlBuilder folder, is there a file to run or something to be done in command prompt? person66 person66

person66

Smash Cadet
I'm not 100% sure where to start in the BrawlBuilder folder, is there a file to run or something to be done in command prompt? person66 person66
??
There is no BrawlBuilder folder, just a BrawlBuilder.exe file. Did you download the source code instead of the release? Download the BrawlBuilder_vXXX.zip (whatever the latest one is) from this page: https://github.com/mogzol/BrawlBuilder/releases and extract it, then run the BrawlBuilder file.

BluRose

Smash Rookie
So, um, hi!
I'm extremely new here, and I come to you with an interesting problem that no one else seems to have.
So, my Wii doesn't read any discs. That's no big deal at all, I have .iso backups of every game I found enjoyable. Cool.
When building the .iso for Project M and loading it in CFG Loader, it tells me to insert the Super Smash Bros. Brawl disc. It does the same with various other mods (M Unbound and M EX (ALM's custom build), to name two).
The original Brawl works perfectly.
A few things important to note:
I changed each back into a .wbfs file because of personal preference/necessity in M EX. I also took out the Subspace Emissary, leaving Project M EX as the only one still left dual-layer (original Brawl still has it).
SD Card is formatted as FAT32, and is PNY 32 GB.
As mentioned above, I use CFG Loader. Have Wiiflow and USB Loader GX, but don't have a USB drive.
I don't do the loading thing that seems to work for other people (turning Ocarina on with hooktype AXNextFrame/VBI does not work for me for whatever reason).
ahahaha i'm stupid and got it working a while ago

Last edited:

person66

Smash Cadet
I've just updated BrawlBuilder to version 1.2, it should fix a lot problems with alternate stages causing crashes or having weird issues. As always you can download it here: https://github.com/mogzol/BrawlBuilder/releases

Will this ever be released for Mac? I'd like to be able to run my build from an ISO.
It's built with .net, so it may work with wine/mono, I haven't tested. I'll try it if I have some time and if it works I'll post some instructions.

Ako.

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlippinFilipino
i get this error using 1.2.1 http://puu.sh/rali2/aa9a9babf7.jpg. 1.2 seems to work fine for me, and i was able to successfully build the iso on the 2nd try. 1st try, songs were missing, stage select wasnt displaying correctly, and frequent crashes. Maybe the 2nd try worked because i changed the game id. Just wanted to let you know for you to look into these issues.

person66

Smash Cadet
i get this error using 1.2.1 http://puu.sh/rali2/aa9a9babf7.jpg. 1.2 seems to work fine for me, and i was able to successfully build the iso on the 2nd try. 1st try, songs were missing, stage select wasnt displaying correctly, and frequent crashes. Maybe the 2nd try worked because i changed the game id. Just wanted to let you know for you to look into these issues.
Oops, I think I know what I did wrong. Can you try running the version I attached and let me know if it fixes the problem? If you still have the problem could you copy and paste the error details into a spoiler (or pm them to me)

Attachments

Roadhog360

Smash Cadet
NNID
Roadhog360
Would you please make any sort of program to edit a Brawl save? I need a way to get WFC data off of a save without downloading a new one, because there's records, times, emissary, etc data I don't want to lose.
Please PM if you can do this.

Phikicheli

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phikicheli
Hey so I have a problem. Whenever I play PM using the SD method, it works fine. But as soon as I build it into an iso, It gives me a couple errors. Errors like "Invalid Read from 0x6464001e, PC=0x8011ceec"

Any idea why?

person66

Smash Cadet
Hey so I have a problem. Whenever I play PM using the SD method, it works fine. But as soon as I build it into an iso, It gives me a couple errors. Errors like "Invalid Read from 0x6464001e, PC=0x8011ceec"

Any idea why?
Vanilla Project M or a custom build? Vanilla Project M builds should be mostly stable with BrawlBuilder. Custom builds, on the other hand, can have issues, as they may include codes which assume the sd card is being used and BrawlBuilder doesn't have patches for. When are you getting the errors?

If it's a vanilla P:M build and you're still having issues you may want to ensure that your Brawl ISO matches one of the checksums listed on the bottom of this page here: http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RSBE01

Phikicheli

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phikicheli
Vanilla Project M or a custom build? Vanilla Project M builds should be mostly stable with BrawlBuilder. Custom builds, on the other hand, can have issues, as they may include codes which assume the sd card is being used and BrawlBuilder doesn't have patches for. When are you getting the errors?

If it's a vanilla P:M build and you're still having issues you may want to ensure that your Brawl ISO matches one of the checksums listed on the bottom of this page here: http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RSBE01
It's a custom build. The strange thing is, it worked fine before. I've made it into an iso. But I went to do It again and *poof*, no longer working. Just crashes after the "Project m" logo.

Ako.

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlippinFilipino
Would you please make any sort of program to edit a Brawl save? I need a way to get WFC data off of a save without downloading a new one, because there's records, times, emissary, etc data I don't want to lose.
Please PM if you can do this.
Sorry for the late response. Tried the 1.2.2 beta u linked, same error, then i tried 1.2.2 on github. Same thing. Happens when browsing for mod folder.

Here are the error details

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\j_ort\Downloads\BrawlBuilder_v1.2.2\Resources\Ookii.Dialogs.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///C:\Users\j_ort\Downloads\BrawlBuilder_v1.2.2\Resources\Ookii.Dialogs.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
at BrawlBuilder.BrawlBuilder.modFolderBrowse_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBuilder
Assembly Version: 1.2.2.0
Win32 Version: 1.2.2.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/j_ort/Downloads/BrawlBuilder_v1.2.2/BrawlBuilder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Roadhog360

Smash Cadet
NNID
Roadhog360
Sorry for the late response. Tried the 1.2.2 beta u linked, same error, then i tried 1.2.2 on github. Same thing. Happens when browsing for mod folder.

Here are the error details

Some errors

[/spoiler]
I didn't link anything, I was making a request... What?

person66

Smash Cadet
I didn't link anything, I was making a request... What?
Yeah he replied to the wrong comment. As for your request, that isn't at all related to brawlbuilder, so I don't know why you asked in here. I don't know how the brawl save is formatted or anything, so I can't really help you. If you want to try yourself, you can decrypt wii save files using something like FE100. Other than that though you're on your own.

Ako. Ako. It looks like your computer is blocking the file cause it came from the internet. Try right clicking on the BrawlBuilder zip before you extract it and choosing properties, then see if there is an "Unblock" button available. Or you could try doing the same thing to the ookii dialogs dll file in the BrawlBuilder resources folder.

EDIT: I just updated BrawlBuilder so that DLL is no longer required, try the new release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom