• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Blayd I was testing out some stages of yours and most of them own but 2 of them freeze up when loaded, those are: btl047 (and I really need that stage :( ) and btl061-63

might wanna add those to the (not working list) Lol

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Razanak, I think that the "blue cave" is the Shadow Temple from Tales of Symphonia. The Shadow spirit was my favorite, he's just too awesome. Too bad ToS 2 wasn't as good as the first one was.

Also, update on the Gamecube stage, which is about 90% done. I'm finally done with positioning each side correctly, it was such a pain in the choo-choo.

황미영

Smash Champion
I'm just curious if these vertex hacks could be used to replace texture hacks and not change the attributes of the character. Like, keep them the way they are, but change their appearance.

황미영

Smash Champion
Isn't texture just what it means, change the texture itself...?

I want to use something that actually changes the model but still keeps the character playing like it would in Brawl. As in no PSA related things and such.

황미영

Smash Champion
That the reason why I was asking.

To see, if I could just use the model and keep it to play like Brawl Ike. It would be cool to see the Sephiroth Marth the same way, but just with a shorter sword. I'm just asking because I have no clue how to do any of this. If I could, I would try.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
@BSZ: Great, but I still think you should shade it. The Gamecube's textures look hi-res enough to include details, so why not base them off of R.O.B.'s or something?

Honestly, the stage is awesome and has potential; but it'll end up looking like just another import if you don't texture it to actually fit in.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Thanks mates :p also, mewtwo, Im working on this stage hack which is about 70% done, but the background wont animate and some models wont show up, mind helping out a bit on this one? (if you can)

and also Balyd, your a Saint
Sure, if you are still needing help I'll help you, just send me a PM with the file ;)

I'm sorry about the late reply, I am not always looking in this thread ^^U

Anyway, if someone thinks I'm able to fix something in a stage, just send me a PM and I'll see what can I do with it xD

Revven

FrankerZ
That the reason why I was asking.

To see, if I could just use the model and keep it to play like Brawl Ike. It would be cool to see the Sephiroth Marth the same way, but just with a shorter sword. I'm just asking because I have no clue how to do any of this. If I could, I would try.
Unless they have a separate .pac that doesn't have any move modifications then chances are, the vertex changes will have the move set modifications.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Speaking of vertex hacks, I'm surprised no one's come up with a method that doesn't involve four different programs, one of which you need to pay for. Kind of screws over the rest of us...

I suppose I'll have to content myself without them for now.

In the meantime...

GEDDAN!

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Speaking of vertex hacks, I'm surprised no one's come up with a method that doesn't involve four different programs, one of which you need to pay for. Kind of screws over the rest of us...

I suppose I'll have to content myself without them for now.

In the meantime...
What do you mean? There's Dasdonkey Vertex Box, and you only need anim8or for making vertex edits O.o

황미영

Smash Champion
Unless they have a separate .pac that doesn't have any move modifications then chances are, the vertex changes will have the move set modifications.
Dang... I would really love it if people were to make both things separate. Since of course people really can't used customized characters in tournament.

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
Dang... I would really love it if people were to make both things separate. Since of course people really can't used customized characters in tournament.
I think most of the time they are separate. For example: Cloud. I, like many I'm sure, have been using the Cloud vertex edit for a while. The move set for Cloud isn't even completed yet, so for now Cloud just uses Ike's moves. I think there's a Shadow vertex edit that uses Sonic's moves. And if there isn't, there should be.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm going to give a shot at stage hacking with ToS2 particularly two areas with cores on them (since the demon gate <name that I can't remember> has been done for the most part).

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
For some reason some Tos2 stages dont really work cause they have some kind of beef with Hex and/or Brawlbox

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
you don't need 3DS to vertex hack, it's just a lot easier to use than anim8tor. you can also use blender, if you follow MMKK's tutorial for that

Top Bottom