• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
you can make models of ANYTHING in 3ds.

Making a model (especially without any real training in 3ds or any idea of how to use it towards brawl in any way) is kinda pointless right now.

people should stick to posting things which they actually at least plan on creating for brawl, instead of just posting whatever hopeful ideas you can think of

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Not only that, but the two or so models he did were simple and even those took so long to get right with minimal bugs, and he says that they're not even perfect yet (in terms of material properties), so honestly converting a full character MANUALLY would take so long that it's be pointless. Of course, I've come to the (baseless) deduction that the fabled "model builder" shares a release date with Duke Nukem Forever, but still.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Not only that, but the two or so models he did were simple and even those took so long to get right with minimal bugs, and he says that they're not even perfect yet (in terms of material properties), so honestly converting a full character MANUALLY would take so long that it's be pointless. Of course, I've come to the (baseless) deduction that the fabled "model builder" shares a release date with Duke Nukem Forever, but still.
Considering Kryal decided to take a break from BrawlBox (possibly permanently), I'd say that seems increasingly likely.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
:confused: Am I missing something? If we can't import models, then where did Coconut Mall, Rosalina, and Bowser Jr. come from?
you can't import SOME modols, so far olny modols with the same format as brawl though other modol importing is possible with a Karpton off hexing and modol rigging.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
:confused: Am I missing something? If we can't import models, then where did Coconut Mall, Rosalina, and Bowser Jr. come from?
Rosalina and Bowser Jr. (the playable one) are both vertex hacks for characters in brawl: modifications to their existing models

Coconut Mall was the model for the track in mario kart wii. some select wii titles use the same file format for models that brawl uses and are therefore easily imported into brawl, as they require little to no hexing to work in brawl. once the model from these games are imported, however, you have to either scale and change the stage collision data appropriately if it is a stage or scale and reanimate characters manually, while downscaling their hitboxes and area which they can be hit.

other models (custom made or taken from other games besides those that use MDL0 files) cannot be imported without manual hexing.

So unless you're a hacking god like Random Tbrush, Kryal, or Phantom Wings, you can't do it without a known method or application.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Meyrio is ready to enter your world!
Although he doesn't look very friendly, he is very friendly.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Master Chief over Samus. Works perfect except that you have to be close to someone to grab them, like with other characters. If someone can fix this, I'll post it up real quick. If not... I'll still end up releasing it. XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Master Chief over Samus. Works perfect except that you have to be close to someone to grab them, like with other characters. If someone can fix this, I'll post it up real quick. If not... I'll still end up releasing it. XD
Well Dingo and I tried, but to no avail. It's not a big deal anyways so here you guys go. :3

http://www.mediafire.com/?nq3zmnk20mn

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
It's not really difficult, actually. All I did was transfer the vertices, normals, polygons (although it seems to be very picky on what works and what won't) and UV mapping from one to the other, and filled in 0's for whatever was left over from the original. Well, and I had to reposition it so that it wouldn't be inside Jigglypuff, of course.
I wish I understanded this.
I can export those things from like peaches crown, buthow do I put it over JIgglypuff?
Do I put them over things like the hat of jiggly?
Because I could do that. =/

@Edit:
Okay, i got a huge holl in the middle of JIgglypuff.
I'm just gonna asume thats not supposed to happen xD

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I don't care I want it!
Too good!
it too good to be true~ xD

found something interesting

first, an effect pac for drybones o.o dont know if this is old or new but it seems that they think about to have dry bones playable / in-game just like mewtwo and roy

file -> http://www.mediafire.com/?y3eywy2yyww

and second: possibly playable toadworth? 83

moved his bones/polygons a bit

EDIT:

availably now!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Ness could do that too, but doesn't happen alot because nesses ground game isn't too good and his Fsmash is crap.
He's is way more likely to kill with a Bair/Dair/Bthrow.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
so? lucas does that. though i would finally have an excuse to yell "GET OFF MY LAWN" if toadsworth was a character.
You and Pikazz should totally tackle this machinima idea roo was thinking about and I dont think i kno any better machinimist then Pikazz

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
aha, thanks all for saying I am a great machininator :3

I can make toadworth playable BUT he is a bit different then it's come to animate. the arms are stiff but he can walk, move his body, the stick, hat m.m. but the polygons is not attach to the whole body so it is challenge to animate him.
yes, his feet's can move so he can easy walk :3

Razanak7: THE CAKE IS A LYING CAKE!

Top Bottom