• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl wins a Trophy

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
You people STILL like trophies? Even though you now have to collect them TWICE?? Considering Sakurai couldn't even separate the images on the trophies from the stickers, so now we have to get Ike TWICE, PT TWICE, Nintendog TWICE, etc, etc, etc, for the rest of eternity.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
You people STILL like trophies? Even though you now have to collect them TWICE?? Considering Sakurai couldn't even separate the images on the trophies from the stickers, so now we have to get Ike TWICE, PT TWICE, Nintendog TWICE, etc, etc, etc, for the rest of eternity.

lol, when I read eternity, I actually laughed out loud XD I don't know why

They havn't reveled to us yet how we unlock trophies yet (Though 99% chance it's the same a melee) It may make it were you get one, you get the other

And besides, you get to play brawl that much longer until you just to as you did melee and only play to win @.@

Smash Ace
Good thing trophies are back. there should be some totally suave ones form more recent games.

Pisuke85

Smash Rookie
Great update, I really like trophies for both cultural notes and challenges they bring. But, as I said this morning before that topic was created, does Sakurai fear the Wii remote ? This game mode, like the stickers' one, actually fit much better to the NGC controller. So do the online taunts. Could there be a compromise between both pads ?

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
It'd be cool if you got a trophie for having a Melee save file on your memory card.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
A thought occurs:
What if there was a way to take some of the trophies that you unlocked in Melee and copy them over into Brawl? Simply by having a GC memory card with a Melee record saved on it in your Wii when you fire up Brawl would give you some of the trophies. That would take a lot of hassle out of finding trophies, which could be a good thing because I'm expecting there to be a LOT more this time around.

But I would only want the transferable trophies to be ones that you had to play "Lottery" for. This way none of the gameplay will be considered unnecessary if you already acquired the unlockable trophies for that game mode, and you will be able to save your coins (which I'm also assuming will make a return) for the other Brawl-debuted Lottery trophies.

Oh, and a few pages back someone asked if there would be 3rd Party trophies? There's a "Snake-in-a-Box" trophy in the fourth screenshot. (The one with Slippy and Wario's Bike. Look, you can see Snake looking through the peep-hole! {Teehee!})

And I'm sure that the only 3rd Party trophies that will be making an appearance will come from the series that the guests are from (if that's what you were asking). For example: if the three 3rd Party guests end up being Snake, Sonic, and Megaman, we won't be getting any Resident Evil trophies.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
A thought occurs:
What if there was a way to take some of the trophies that you unlocked in Melee and copy them over into Brawl? Simply by having a GC memory card with a Melee record saved on it in your Wii when you fire up Brawl would give you some of the trophies. That would take a lot of hassle out of finding trophies, which could be a good thing because I'm expecting there to be a LOT more this time around.

But I would only want the transferable trophies to be ones that you had to play "Lottery" for. This way none of the gameplay will be considered unnecessary if you already acquired the unlockable trophies for that game mode, and you will be able to save your coins (which I'm also assuming will make a return) for the other Brawl-debuted Lottery trophies.

Oh, and a few pages back someone asked if there would be 3rd Party trophies? There's a "Snake-in-a-Box" trophy in the fourth screenshot. (The one with Slippy and Wario's Bike. Look, you can see Snake looking through the peep-hole! {Teehee!})

And I'm sure that the only 3rd Party trophies that will be making an appearance will come from the series that the guests are from (if that's what you were asking). For example: if the three 3rd Party guests end up being Snake, Sonic, and Megaman, we won't be getting any Resident Evil trophies.
makes perfect sense but can u save a Melee file to ur Wii?

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
ok, this picture tells alot:

Red - Welcome Captain Olimar, your in brawl

Blue - ???????? Who/What is this? Banana Peel?

Green - NO TINGLE! YES! HOO-RAY! (Come on, you all know it is true. IF he WAS a charater, they would of revealed him first then just revealing a trophy)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
ok, this picture tells alot:

Red - Welcome Captain Olimar, your in brawl

Blue - ???????? Who/What is this? Banana Peel?

Green - NO TINGLE! YES! HOO-RAY! (Come on, you all know it is true. IF he WAS a charater, they would of revealed him first then just revealing a trophy)
Just because a creature from Pikmin is in Brawl doesn't mean a character from the same series will be in Brawl

The banana is Xananab from DK: Jungle Climber

And just because they revealed a character as a throphy first, doesn't mean they're NOT playable

People need to stop making half-a**ed assupmtions

peach-man

Smash Journeyman
The sweet, sweet land of sweet, sweet, chocolate,
lols, like the sig, greeny.
I hope that tingle won' look like that in-game, if he actually is in brawl

btw I read the interview in NoE bout tingle's rosy rupee land, and the creators WERE talking about the possibility of tingle as a playable, but they were (and still are) too shy to ask it to a certain important person... oooff...got affraid for a while when I read the article...

perfalco7

Smash Rookie
the trophy update today was deep. BTW, i hope they have trophies as hard to collect as Diskun, cause i'm up for the challenge...

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Slippy!! I thought you would be playable D=< Oh well, atleast Falco wasn't shown there...o.o

And YAY! Trophies are back ^_^

Conker1

Smash Ace
the trophy update today was deep. BTW, i hope they have trophies as hard to collect as Diskun, cause i'm up for the challenge...
I still don't have Diskun and Crazy Hand.....but I gave up like 4 years ago. Maybe I should try again.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
So, quick question:

What does the 35, in this picture mean?

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
all the more proof brawl will be awesome.
SSBB>Halo 3.

Fawriel

Smash Master
People need to stop making half-a**ed assupmtions
People also need to realize that these forums are about god**** speculation.
It has never occurred that Sakurai gave away a new playable character before their own update.

That does not make it impossible that Tingle and whoever the hell else gets in. It's also not impossible for Goombas to make a playable appearance.

His chances have been lowered and that's a scientific fact.

If you claim that he's definitely deconfirmed, you're not being objective ( enough ) and not making a valid point.
If you ***** about people who try to deduce things from updates, you might as well stay away from these forums and just chat to someone about how awesome the things are that you know about for sure, because this is a place for discussion.

I apologize if I sound too aggressive, I'm getting rather pissed off at a certain type of person around here.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
So, quick question:

What does the 35, in this picture mean?

Good question. One idea is that it's the total number of unique trophies to collect under that franchise (I count roughly 18 from Melee that would fit under the SSB franchise, and 7 of those shown above are not in Melee. That makes 25 right there). I think they might tell you the total number of trophies that we have left to collect in each category.

Another possibility: it's the total number of trophies you've collected so far, across all franchises. This one is probably more likely.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Let's not go nuts here. There's no way that's happening and you know it.
*groan*

.................. the funny thing is, I can't ask whether you can read because you'd probably take the question seriously.

I was obviously using Goombas as an example of something that will not happen but is theoretically possible. Theoretically, it's possible that you win the lottery 7 times in a row!

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Um... of course, there is no way trophies can confirm anything, but they can hint vaguely. People who are saying "This character is definitely in now!!!" are probably aware of this too, but they are just having some fun. Don't let it get you all mad. And yes, I've been hoping WW Link will make the cut for a long time, but I still have my doubts. Eh whatever. YAY TROPHIES! I need to go buy a Pikmin game. Oh, and the sequel to Wind Waker is coming out in like 6 days!!! Yessss! Everyone buy it!

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read the last few posts... I'm in agreement with Fawriel.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
People also need to realize that these forums are about god**** speculation.
It has never occurred that Sakurai gave away a new playable character before their own update.

That does not make it impossible that Tingle and whoever the hell else gets in. It's also not impossible for Goombas to make a playable appearance.

His chances have been lowered and that's a scientific fact.

If you claim that he's definitely deconfirmed, you're not being objective ( enough ) and not making a valid point.
If you ***** about people who try to deduce things from updates, you might as well stay away from these forums and just chat to someone about how awesome the things are that you know about for sure, because this is a place for discussion.

I apologize if I sound too aggressive, I'm getting rather pissed off at a certain type of person around here.
you really should not get pissed.....
just ignor
:)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Good to see trophies back. Not to say I was doubting their return or anything... but part of me was very worried that they were replacing them with the far less cool stickers. It's just good to see them for real in the same way it was good to see Yoshi for real when he was finally confirmed.

I'm not going to try and speculate over the trophies shown confirming or deconfirming anything. But keep in mind: during Melee's production, a screenshot of a Luigi trophy was shown, and everyone immediately claimed he was deconfirmed for Melee. We all see how that ended.

I'm just glad no one's looking at that trophy list screenshot and saying "fomg dats teh only items we r gitting ??? wtf !" like they did with the online icons screenshot...

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm not going to try and speculate over the trophies shown confirming or deconfirming anything. But keep in mind: during Melee's production, a screenshot of a Luigi trophy was shown, and everyone immediately claimed he was deconfirmed for Melee. We all see how that ended.
Where and how was that screenshot shown? Did the updates have anything in common with the way of the Dojo?

I'm just glad no one's looking at that trophy list screenshot and saying "fomg dats teh only items we r gitting ??? wtf !" like they did with the online icons screenshot...
Kekeke.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Regarding Luigi, it's probably worth pointing out that he was a playable character in the PREVIOUS game, and that there was no reason at all for cutting him. It's not quite the same situation as revealing a new, never-before-seen playable character in a random trophy screenshot.

Top Bottom