• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl WiFi - disconnection in Basic Brawl

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I was always under the impression that "Start+A+L+R" ended the match for everyone

As in, everyone disconnects with each other
Well, in Anyone mode, that buttons combination will drop you out of the match and CPU will take care of your character until two minutes ran out. The remained people will have more matches after it.

Is it not same when you ejected the game disc and put it back in?

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Why would you eject the disc and try to disconnect the whole room, when you could just leave? That's pretty pathetic...

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
lol at Fijoe.
Ragequitting after getting jumped to disperse the TPists:laugh:
I normally only DC after about 20 seconds in epic lag.
If not, i leave out myself, if i can pause the game to input L+R+STRT+A.
If i can't, i hit power on the whole thing =<

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
LOLOLOLOL!
I'm sigging this guy once i get on my computer, he is freggin win! XD

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Because a gay TP is gay.
Especially when you don't know how to crash one.
Don't mind Downs, he just a bit cranky after not getting his midnight coffee v_v
*Starts brewing Coffee*

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I can empathize with Swift Fox. I've never had the need to do that, but sometimes I see my little noobie brother playing and I see a TP start to form against him I get really annoyed (especially since most of them are noobs themselves). People can be such *** holes.

I'm not totally sure if it works but you can try leaving the disconnecting everybody while in the waiting room. Right when everybody enters the "Practice Stage" you can drop out (L+R+START+A) just before it says "Brawling." It should disperse the TP but don't drop out as SOON as everybody hit's the Practice Stage just like a second after to ensure it works.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I can empathize with Swift Fox. I've never had the need to do that, but sometimes I see my little noobie brother playing and I see a TP start to form against him I get really annoyed (especially since most of them are noobs themselves). People can be such *** holes.

I'm not totally sure if it works but you can try leaving the disconnecting everybody while in the waiting room. Right when everybody enters the "Practice Stage" you can drop out (L+R+START+A) just before it says "Brawling." It should disperse the TP but don't drop out as SOON as everybody hit's the Practice Stage just like a second after to ensure it works.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

BluePSI

Smash Champion
NNID
BluePSI
I wouldn't break up their taunt party, just find someone to actualy brawl and leave them in their little room so it's less bother for others :p

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I'm surprised that some Taunt Partyists have complained about disconnections even though it should be expected from Crashers. After all, we like annoying them, right? It's only natural that they'd try to do something back...

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad 1 lucky pikachu is decent enough to acknowledge the fact that taunt parties are annoying and that some are just trying to annoy the crasher. So if i'm going to leave a room, why wouldn't I try to bring it all down?

watch some poor newb get owned 3 v 1 and then see who is deserving of the A-hole title.

I'd be curious if mikekirby's trick in the waiting room works, dunno how you'd ever prove such a thing. I will be trying it tho.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Disconnecting a whole group is much worse than annoying 1 person. And besides, the end product of disconnecting a TP after being annoyed is just 4 upset people.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I'm glad 1 lucky pikachu is decent enough to acknowledge the fact that taunt parties are annoying and that some are just trying to annoy the crasher. So if i'm going to leave a room, why wouldn't I try to bring it all down?

watch some poor newb get owned 3 v 1 and then see who is deserving of the A-hole title.

I'd be curious if mikekirby's trick in the waiting room works, dunno how you'd ever prove such a thing. I will be trying it tho.
Well, I've had it done to me or seen other people try to do it. I read it somewhere... I never found why someone would do that until I found out what a Taunt Party was. -_- When done right though, you know who did it because you see which player you "lost connection" to. Seeing a 3on1 is very sad.
Disconnecting a whole group is much worse than annoying 1 person. And besides, the end product of disconnecting a TP after being annoyed is just 4 upset people.
Well, I don't think anybody will care about those 3 other random people. Although, I do hate it when it takes me forever to find a room only to be disconnected at the waiting room.

Goddratini

Smash Rookie
Wrong.

3 people are annoyed, and 1 feels. . .satisfied. . . :laugh:

Seriously though, if it is 3v1 and the dude is getting frustrated, What do you expect? The dude leaving and being pissed for bout a hour while 3 Teaba-sorry, Taunt Partiers are laughing their *** off at his expense or getting some REVENGA!

And besides, disconnecting a group of players who are wasting the servers resources by not doing what the game was intended for, and there for giving other players slightly less lag is nowhere near as bad as annoying 1 single person who is using it for what it was made for.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice

Wrong.

3 people are annoyed, and 1 feels. . .satisfied. . . :laugh:

Seriously though, if it is 3v1 and the dude is getting frustrated, What do you expect? The dude leaving and being pissed for bout a hour while 3 Teaba-sorry, Taunt Partiers are laughing their *** off at his expense or getting some REVENGA!

And besides, disconnecting a group of players who are wasting the servers resources by not doing what the game was intended for, and there for giving other players slightly less lag is nowhere near as bad as annoying 1 single person who is using it for what it was made for.

^^^THIS. A quick pull on my ethernet cord and .....POOF!

gupta3

Smash Rookie
Well,my connection just desconnect on Team Battle. But in Basic Brawl,there's some things:

1 - I have to wait a lot of time
2 - Just 1 or 2 persons connects (basically,just a 2-p or 3-P battle)
3 - The connection is EXTREMELY laggy. I got owned by a lot of persons because of the lag.

Just these "simple" problems. ^^

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Darn, i had about, 2 hours in Basic Brawl, and i hada TP destroyed Dc'd , wow.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
The best way to destroy taunt parties is with R.O.B. cuz he could dodge so easily and has great attacks.

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
I freeze their wiis using a wario hack just by just waiting till the counter hit 3 and then i drop out from the group. the cpu will take over Warioman and not kill itself causing they're games to freeze. :evil:

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
I freeze their wiis using a wario hack just by just waiting till the counter hit 3 and then i drop out from the group. the cpu will take over Warioman and not kill itself causing they're games to freeze. :evil:
Actually the match ends and when you get back to the characters screen all the players just say "Bye" at once. it wont freeze their Wii's

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
Actually the match ends and when you get back to the characters screen all the players just say "Bye" at once. it wont freeze their Wii's
How is that possible? Your Wii freezes because it tries to load Warioman's victory/loss animations, (something EVERYONE does, because graphics are clientside) which don't exist so it just keeps waiting for them to load. If he's still warioman at "GAME!," then everyone's Wii will freeze.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
How is that possible? Your Wii freezes because it tries to load Warioman's victory/loss animations, (something EVERYONE does, because graphics are clientside) which don't exist so it just keeps waiting for them to load. If he's still warioman at "GAME!," then everyone's Wii will freeze.
Lawlz one of the matches I had against one the PT kid won. Thats when I got to char select and everyone "quit"

And then when Warioman did win I got the disconnection message.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
It definitely freezes their Wiis dude, it'll freeze yours too if you stay til the end

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
As I said the worst that has happened is Ive gotten disconnected. My wii did freeze when I was in a subspace stage on wifi.

PS:BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
WOW! That's the best solution I've ever heard. Thanks!

Top Bottom