• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl vs Melee - The Final Conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is a better and more competitive game than Melee and 64 combined. This is not opinion, it's fact.

----------8<--------------
Cut thread here

bnestman

Smash Cadet
In melee tournaments you saw very little variation between the characters used. Brawls characters are more balanced therefore you will see more characters used which means you will have to have many more strategies you will have to get down for the diffrent characters. Also because the game has been made more accesible to casual gamers...does that not mean that the game is more competitive because you will have more contenders at a similar skill level?

Corigames

Smash Hero
In melee tournaments you saw very little variation between the characters used.
Stop there.

Show me. I have to take a stand on this because I find that statement horrifically false to the extent where it makes me near angry.

bnestman

Smash Cadet
Stop there.

Show me. I have to take a stand on this because I find that statement horrifically false to the extent where it makes me near angry.
Hmm how would you like me to show you? Perhaps if I said in final rounds of tournaments?

Corigames

Smash Hero
More or less I would like you to show me at least 4-5 people in tournament matches on the same character playing exactly the same. if they are all finals, that would be better. It would probably strengthen your argument if you proved all pros played the same.

bnestman

Smash Cadet
More or less I would like you to show me at least 4-5 people in tournament matches on the same character playing exactly the same. if they are all finals, that would be better. It would probably strengthen your argument if you proved all pros played the same.
I never said they played the same. I said the strategies get limited when you see the same characters over and over again. More strategies need to be made to deal with more character diversity based on things like diffrent movesets.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Oh, I misread your post, sorry.

But, I still disagree now that I understand. I think we are still going to have a standard tier list (I know how people will look at me saying that word and roll their eyes, but bare with me). There will definitely be certain characters winning over others. The time required to reach the full potential of such a character compared to another is enough to despair most people from playing certain characters. Other times, characters are just not liked because of their character, like how I would never play Sheik because I hated her so much in melee. Then there will be others that will reach their threshold of ability before others, dramatically crippling their ability to win against experienced players of other characters mains.

I will frequently use this, but I have yet to see a Yoshi stand a chance against a Marth at least half trying and half knowing what he's doing.

bnestman

Smash Cadet
I will frequently use this, but I have yet to see a Yoshi stand a chance against a Marth at least half trying and half knowing what he's doing.
Agreed. It's not a perfectly balanced game by any means...

Sticking with your example however I feel that the amount of characters that do stand a chance against said Marth has increased dramatically since melee.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, I guess that's just the point that we disagree on I suppose.

****... I haven't trolled anything tonight. If I don't, I may go into withdraw...

TO THE VIDEO BOARDS!

How about, we do what we want and you shut up and accept the fact that this is a public board and we can voice our opinions on the game anywhere we want to?
Great idea!! Listen to his man.

Unfortunately, I wish for segregation from the flow of idiocy, which really isn't going it happen. I just wish people would quit cluttering the forums with the same regurgitated dribble.

Also, to many of those who keep telling us to "Go back to Melee, this isn't Melee 2.0", just quit please. I honestly can't see the problem with someone voicing his complaint over a product that he/she doesn't feel satisfied with. Everyone isn't going to love the game as much as you want them to.

Sometimes, I just wish that the uninformed wouldn't speak up on matters they don't understand completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom