• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl vs Melee - The Final Conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embrio

Smash Cadet
We have gone through weeks of debate and conflict from within the smash community that has led to a perpetual division amongst the competitive scene. Now that the facts have surfaced and each person has had the time to evaluate Brawl, I think it's time we all come to a rulling with this"vs" argument and put a stop to the insanity that has scorched the smash scene. So with that said what is the final situation with Brawl as far as it's competitve scene is concerned?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
We have gone through weeks of debate and conflict from within the smash community that has led to a perpetual division amongst the competitive scene. Now that the facts have surfaced and each person has had the time to evaluate Brawl, I think it's time we all come to a rulling with this"vs" argument and put a stop to the insanity that has scorched the smash scene. So with that said what is the final situation with Brawl as far as it's competitve scene is concerned?
There is no final verdict. Futile attempt.

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
Obviously since the game is knew, it's competitive scene is pretty great.. There's tourneys thrown like everyday.. Although Melee is probably the better choice in game. 64 version is even better. Every installment of Smash Bros, the game gets worse. We should be playing 64 version but I'm sure there's tons of ppl who rather have the better graphics and stuff.. Smash community needs to get better.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
The verdict is
1. They are different games
2. They both can be played competitevly (anything can)
3. Brawl seems to be dominated by defensive play where the incentive is to have the opponent aproach, this makes for long drawn out matches which don't fit well with fighting game style tournaments.

Dime

Smash Journeyman
YES!!! Topic over the war is won.
Now this matter will never be discussed again. Let the people rejoice and songs of praise fill the air.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Well, it will be a lot more popular than Melee. Tournaments will be held more often, and more people will come to them. It will be more competitive than Melee.

However, I doubt there will be any Kens, M2K, or Mangos in Brawl (people who constantly win). Someone who wins one tournament may place very low in the next.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Well, it will be a lot more popular than Melee. Tournaments will be held more often, and more people will come to them. It will be more competitive than Melee.

However, I doubt there will be any Kens, M2K, or Mangos in Brawl (people who constantly win). Someone who wins one tournament may place very low in the next.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
brawl=better than sb64 and melee
sbb64= better than melee
melee=worst sbb game

DonkeyHimer

Smash Rookie
brawl=better than sb64 and melee
sbb64= better than melee
melee=worst sbb game
Wrong opinion is wrong.

SSB64>melee>Brawl

I'm still playing Brawl because its the new game and there will be more tournaments and stuff.
It's like Halo, Halo 3 sucks horribly in comparison to halo:CE (IMO H1=best FPS ever) but people still play it more because its on MLG and there are more tournaments.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
heres my final verdict if u like melee more don't come to the brawl boards and say u hate stay at the melee boards and play melee. If u like brawl more stay here and discuss it and don't respond to people who hate it and don't go to the melee boards. Why is this concept so hard for people we are never all going to agree.

Gluttony

Smash Cadet
The verdict is
1. They are different games
2. They both can be played competitevly (anything can)
3. Brawl seems to be dominated by defensive play where the incentive is to have the opponent aproach, this makes for long drawn out matches which don't fit well with fighting game style tournaments.
In my opinion this post wins the thread.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
An opinion can't be wrong.
It is my opinion that the earth is flat, the CIA killed both Lincoln & Kennedy, that we never landed on the moon and that the holocaust never happened , that the earth is 6,000 years old, that Japan are secretly developing Gundams, and that Reagan's head has been cryogenically frozen so in the future he could lead the new conservative revolution.

opinions can't be wrong, right?

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
*sigh* Go ahead. Take things out of context, ignore meanings of words, make up BS 'situational' strawmen that are made expressly to twist things into a position you know isn't right. I really don't care. Ask any logician, English major/professor, or Webster himself: by their very definition, an opinion cannot be wrong. All of what you listed aren't opinions: they are misconceptions based off of ignorance of factual evidence. Forget the fact that you don't really believe any of what you just said; what matters is that just because you say something is an opinion... that doesn't mean that it is an opinion.

An opinion is a personal view on something that cannot be factually proven. By our current scientific standards, we can't, for instance, definitively prove God's existence, so for now religious belief is an opinion. If (hypothetically speaking) we ever get far enough technologically to be able to prove God's existence, then and only then will religious belief stop being opinion, because if/when we prove/disprove God's existence, the answer to the question will have a binary 'yes or no' answer.

I don't even care what your thoughts are for Brawl or Melee. I don't care which you favor more. Can we scientifically prove and mathematically quantify certain things about Melee and Brawl? Yes... certain things. Only those things can be concretely considered to be non-opinionated, by the very definitions of fact and opinion.

So, stop making up bogus crap to try to somehow 'prove' this wrong. You can't, you know you can't, and because this is based in solid and undeniable fact you need to knock it off because this isn't cute, funny, or witty.

(Disclaimer: I know this probably sounds... unreasonably harsh, but these kind of bullsh*t arguments are what get retardedly severe flame wars started.)

EDIT: Freaking finally. I was wondering if SWF would come online again... :laugh:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Melee requires more skill. If you doubt this I won't bother to argue, I've posted countless times why Melee requires more skill. Look at Gimpy's and Scar's topics to learn more about Melee's superiority.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
It is my opinion that the earth is flat, the CIA killed both Lincoln & Kennedy, that we never landed on the moon and that the holocaust never happened , that the earth is 6,000 years old, that Japan are secretly developing Gundams, and that Reagan's head has been cryogenically frozen so in the future he could lead the new conservative revolution.

Those aren't opinions.

Melee requires more skill. If you doubt this I won't bother to argue, I've posted countless times why Melee requires more skill. Look at Gimpy's and Scar's topics to learn more about Melee's superiority.
I hate you.

Gluttony

Smash Cadet

In my opinion hospitals are actually run by man eating pink fluffy bunnies. The majority of human organ donations is fed to apease them to prevent them from dominating the world.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
You know what, go ahead, play competitive Brawl, I'm not going to try to stop you. But, odds are you will eventually get bored by the repetitiveness of Brawl and it's excessive camping. If you don't good for you.

Gluttony

Smash Cadet
You know what, go ahead, play competitive Brawl, I'm not going to try to stop you. But, odds are you will eventually get bored by the repetitiveness of Brawl and it's excessive camping. If you don't good for you.
I like competitive Brawl as well as competitive Melee. I've stated why before so I'm not going to do it again.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
GTFO

Lock this trash

AlexX

Smash Ace
Brawl bashers and melee lovers: Go to melee boards.

People who legitimately enjoy Brawl: Stay here.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Embrio

Smash Cadet
The other threads on this topic go through the same song and dance that eventually leads to a cluster of ignorance. Im making a honest effort to resolve differences and to determine what the overall opinion of Brawl is by the competitive scene. Its similar to scars debate thread but I want a verdict to arise, a conclusion to the situation and forecast of Brawl as a competitive tittle.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Brawl bashers and melee lovers: Go to melee boards.

People who legitimately enjoy Brawl: Stay here.

PROBLEM SOLVED!
How about we not and let's say that we did, okay? As Everlasting Whatcha-ma-callit said, this is a public forum and we do have the right to voice our own opinions.

Regardless, this topic is really redundant. This thread should be locked.

Smooth Criminal

AlexX

Smash Ace
How about we not and let's say that we did, okay? As Everlasting Whatcha-ma-callit said, this is a public forum and we do have the right to voice our own opinions.

Regardless, this topic is really redundant. This thread should be locked.

Smooth Criminal
While I agree this thread is repetative, you must admit that brawl vs melee threads always generally turn out to be Melee players bashing Brawl and its supporters. What stops them from doing that in the Melee forum where they can do this with little to no interruptions?

Their goal might be to convince other people to hate Brawl as much as they do, but some people simply aren't willing to give up on their opinions (be it because they like it or they simply want to give it a chance). And as seen earlier in this topic, that just leads to the Melee players giving "holier than thou" statements by stating that people who like Brawl are simply wrong in their opinions.

Granted, Brawl players aren't being any more mature about it, but at least at the Melee forums the Melee players can hate it as much as they want while those of us who enjoy Brawl can stay here and discuss the game in peace.

Vijin

Smash Ace
How about, we do what we want and you shut up and accept the fact that this is a public board and we can voice our opinions on the game anywhere we want to?
I agree.

Everyone wants to like brawl, but some people don't. If they want to come to the brawl boards to discuss melee vs brawl this is the place to do so.

Spellman

Smash Ace
Fun and competitive are subjective, period.
There are facts, yes, all of those have surfaced, it's how you percieve them that matters. Whether you LIKE them or not.

AlexX

Smash Ace
I agree.

Everyone wants to like brawl, but some people don't. If they want to come to the brawl boards to discuss melee vs brawl this is the place to do so.
If legitimate debates were taking place in those topics, then yes, I would agree. However, all we're really getting out of them is Brawl bashing by the truckload.

Corigames

Smash Hero
There is no final verdict. Futile attempt.
Agreed, as long as there are two possible opinions, it is only human nature that each will be represented. By asking everyone to reach an understanding on something not factual, you are only creating more of the same issue to carry out.

If you want to lessen the amount of "Brawl vs Melee" discussions, you should refuse to post on the subject, which also includes making threads to harbor such conversations.

bnestman

Smash Cadet
The debate will end only when a new smash comes out...then again we still get people talking about smash64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom