• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl voices.../noises/ japan vs us SFX

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
In all the videos on youtube from the e for all expo
i noticed links voice is Deeper......and i know it goes along with his new LoZTP theme
but i liked his old voice... you know that almost pubescent voice.. idk he seems all BIG and on ROIDRAGE idk

but is his voice different??

*EDIT*

So by now since the game is out yes his voice is different, and i'm already getting acustomed to it so yea.

But what about other characters in general?
*Fox
*Pit (im getting tired of the NANANANANANANANA)
*King koopa
etc.....

with obvious changes as maybe, and hopefully,
  • David Hayters voice (is this confirmed?)
  • The codec calls
  • And pokemon trainer
how do you guys think they will differ over all?

*NEW EDIT*
i have noticed, like many, that falcon seems to be changed vocally, i.e his child molester grunts and what not. As well as Ness's bat which doesn't make that satifsying home-run bat noise anymore.... I also have seen an american version depicting squirtle as saying "Squirtle Squirt" like he seems to do in the pokemans series...

has anything else been discovered

Piks

Smash Journeyman
The Link in Brawl is a completely different Link than the one in Melee, They're not the same person.

So yes, his voice is different.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
The Link in Melee which is OoT Link, is a different person but the same entity as TP Link, plus I think TP Link is older than OoT Link so that could also be why.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
^ I thought OoT Link was older than TP Link... they said that TP Link was about 17, while OoT Link was like 18? 19? Something like that. TP Link just probably looks older.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
This person voiced Link in TP and Brawl.

This person voiced Link in pretty much all of the Zelda games up to and including Melee. There was a different voice actor in Wind Waker.

IMDB FTW. So, yeah, it is a different voice.

finalark

SNORLAX
You could actually hear in those E4All videos? Anyway, yes, it would make sense for Link to have a deeper voice, seeing how they are going with the Darker, more mature Zelda game's Link.

Twilight Princess should have had voice acting...

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I agree, especially since Link didn't talk. Hearing Link's voice in anything other than some sort of battle cry would ruin it. Link's not supposed to speak, but that doesn't mean other characters can't. It's not necesarily that reading was a hassle, it just would have added a bit more polish to have voices.

finalark

SNORLAX
That game would have been better then OOT had they included voice acting...

Back on topic, did the guy that did Link's battle cries in Smash 64 do them for Melee too?

IllidR

Smash Champion
I agree, especially since Link didn't talk. Hearing Link's voice in anything other than some sort of battle cry would ruin it. Link's not supposed to speak, but that doesn't mean other characters can't. It's not necesarily that reading was a hassle, it just would have added a bit more polish to have voices.
You've got it all wrong. His voice should be this. http://youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
You've got it all wrong. His voice should be this. http://youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM
I'm not gonna click it...

Anyway, on topic, yes, Link's voice is easily noticeable as his TP incarnation's voice, Akira Sasanuma. All things grantes, I've come to like his voice (or rather, just his battle cries) better than Nobuyuki Hiyama. As for one Link being older than the other, if they wanted to specify that, they would've, but as far as I can tell (and as far as I'm concerned), they're the same age (they certainly look the same age).

Lootic

Smash Apprentice
^ I thought OoT Link was older than TP Link... they said that TP Link was about 17, while OoT Link was like 18? 19? Something like that. TP Link just probably looks older.
Isnt adult OoT Link 14 years. Hes 7 years when he leaves kokori. When he pulls out master sword I think the Sage of light said that he had keept him in the sacred realm for 7 years.

7+7=14

AAaaand I think the text for the event match "seven years" says something about 7 years age diffrence.

RWB

Smash Ace
No it isn't.

And Lootic, Adult Link is 17.
Please show me proof of that.

The only thing that I read that was from (possibly false, but still) Nintendo interviews about OoT-Links age has him as a 7 year old in the beginning, and 14 in the end. Hence this so called Adult Link, going by pure age classification, is a more fitting representation of Link as every Link except the OoT, MM, and LoZ Links were older than 12.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Exactly. Young Link is 10 is OoT and 12 in Majora's Mask.

I read it in Nintendo Power or the official guide or the instruction booklet. I'm not interested in looking it up because I'm positive on this one.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Hence this so called Adult Link, going by pure age classification, is a more fitting representation of Link as every Link except the OoT, MM, and LoZ Links were older than 12.
I'm not sure I know what you're getting at.

The age of 14 is just barely into teen-dom, let alone being an adult.

A 7 year old is also extremely young. have you seen a 7 year old around who's capable of even a FEW things that Link does as child link?

Child Link is 11 or 12, adult link is about 17 or 18. It just makes sense, PLUS I DO recall reading somewhere that such was the case.

Also, I'm sure Nintendo leaves it ambiguous at times to let yourself draw the conclusion the way you like it. But seriousy, killing monsters and weilding a sword at 7? I'm hard pressed to imagine even a 7 year old tying their shoes.

motherfan

Smash Journeyman
You could actually hear in those E4All videos? Anyway, yes, it would make sense for Link to have a deeper voice, seeing how they are going with the Darker, more mature Zelda game's Link.

Yes you could hear his voice at E for All. It sounded like this "PRESS THE 1 BUTTON!" and "FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE" and "get THE SMASH BALL!!!! GET IT!!!"
Man those girls were annoying...

Lootic

Smash Apprentice
ok i maybe made some conclusions without thinking, but i was pretty sure ylink was 7 years cause they says the kokiri never looks older than 7. just cause of you guys i have to play through OoT one more time... thank you : )

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
That probably makes the most sense, since MM happens a little while after OoT does...right? I never actually played the games you see (MUST GET INTERNET CONNECTION FOR WII FOR CHRISTMAS) but I've read about them quite a lot...

Xanderous

Smash Lord
That probably makes the most sense, since MM happens a little while after OoT does...right? I never actually played the games you see (MUST GET INTERNET CONNECTION FOR WII FOR CHRISTMAS) but I've read about them quite a lot...
If you're on Smashboards and you have a Wii, then you already have an internet connection for your Wii.

If you don't have a wireless router, that's what you need. Or a dongle.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
If you're on Smashboards and you have a Wii, then you already have an internet connection for your Wii.

If you don't have a wireless router, that's what you need. Or a dongle.
What I meant was that wire thingy that connects your Wii to the internet...forgot what it was called...

Xanderous

Smash Lord
What I meant was that wire thingy that connects your Wii to the internet...forgot what it was called...
Ethernet adapter? That's what I meant by *dongle.*

Your Wii is ready to connect wirelessly out-of-the-box. No purchases necessary!

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
^ Really? Well...huzzah! XD
BACK ON TOPIC GAIZ. I'm kind of wondering what Link will sound like when he's KO'ed vertically -- you know, like when your character fades off into the distance. He'll probably just do that scream he does when he falls down a chasm, won't he?

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
I thought young link was 7, though? Your argument about how 7 year olds aren't capable of wielding swords and stuff isn't very good, since I think most 12/10 years don't go around killing guys with swords and doing flips either.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I thought young link was 7, though? Your argument about how 7 year olds aren't capable of wielding swords and stuff isn't very good, since I think most 12/10 years don't go around killing guys with swords and doing flips either.
It was always stated that YLink from OoT is 10, I don't remember where I read it because I read it a few years ago, but I am 100% positive that I did. I don't know anything about MM's YLink being 12, that I had never known, although I knew he was a bit older than in OoT.

OoT's YLink being 10 makes Adult Link 17. And this I also read on somewhere official, although I already knew as soon as I read that YLink was 10, since I can do basic math 10+7=17!

I have not read any age for TP's Adult Link but I believe he is 17-19.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Adult Link is NOT 14 years old. That's ridiculous. He's obviously 17+, making YLink 10+. Since I know I've read in an official document that he's ten and Adult Link is 17, I'd say there is no more discussion on this topic.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman

I read it in Nintendo Power or the official guide or the instruction booklet. I'm not interested in looking it up because I'm positive on this one.
Well, you should read the instruction booklet again, because it states MM only takes place "several MONTHS" after OOT, not two years (as does the official guide).

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I actually like Link's new voice. I wonder if he has that loud angry scream when doing spin attacks like in TP cause those were crazy.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Yup. Try checking the Sonic video, when Sonic grabs a warp star, Link will do a spin attack. I nearly mistook it for Sonic's voice.

I wouldn't really care about Link's voice. I like both that of TP and OOT.. It took a while to get used to the new Link's voice, but I've grown to love it.

Top Bottom