• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
As an introduction, I would like to say that I main Marth, and as such I know alot more about him than most other characters. However, I believe that I know enough about the game and all of its characters to form a well-rounded tier list. I will be updating it to include summaries of characters and why they placed what their rank on my list, and to change certain rankings based on public opinion. To clear things up this is NOT a list of who is the easiest to play. (Note: I am not counting any of the multi part characters as one)

Top:
1.Falco- I see Falco as number one for a variety of reasons. The first is Sethlon, which if you have seen play shows the true potencial behind lasers. Falco has great aerials except for his fair and he has decent smashes. His chaingrab is also great against most people and he has suprisingly good combos.

2.Meta Knight- As number two, I can see Meta knight as one of the best players in the game. He has an amazing aerial game, isn't very discouraged by campers, and can recovery from nearly anything. He is probably the fastest person to rack up damage too with incredible combos.

3.Wolf- Number three is also quite good. Although he has comparably bad aerials except for his bair, Wolf's smashes are some of the best and his lasers are good. Personally, I haven't seen too many good Wolfs, but the few of them are great.

4.Marth
5.Snake

High:
6.Toon Link
7.Mr. Game and Watch
8.King Dedede
9.Diddy Kong
10.Fox
11.Zamus
12.Ness
13.Pit

Middle:
14.Ice Climbers
15.Ivysaur
16.R.O.B.
17.Squirtle
18.Ike
19.Lucario
20.Lucas
21.Captain Falcon
22.Sheik
23.Olimar (edited from spot 28)
24. Sonic
25.Donkey Kong
26.Jigglypuff

Low:
27.Yoshi
28.Zelda
29.Peach
30.Pikachu
31.Wario
32.Bowser
33.Mario

Bottom:
34.Samus
35.Luigi
36.Charizard
37.Link
38.Ganondorf

I am sorry if anybody sees this as grossly inaccurate. Please post anybody chsnges you think that I should implement and I will try and get to them. I will also soon be updating this to include reasons for the placing of the characters.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
I don't mean to discourage anyone, but posts like these, although in theory seem like a good idea, truly only harbors feuds and flames between people, due to a great deal of pride in the different array of character's coupled with the ignorance of people. Take my advice or leave it, but you may wish to abandon this idea before a moderator steps in.

GetSmashedWithTheBros

Smash Apprentice
1. Please actually put in real posts on why you think a character should be higher instead of insulting this.
2. I wouldn't be laughing since you don't even know what meta-game means.
1. Effective use of the Pikmin can cripple your opponents, he's got an epic u-smash, a solid u-air, and excellent priority. Overall a really good character, although his recovery is his biggest concern
2. Nice flamebait. I've never really used the term "meta-game" before, but I knew exactly what it meant. It was connecting a face to a name, buddy

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
I don't mean to discourage anyone, but posts like these, although in theory seem like a good idea, truly only harbors feuds and flames between people, due to a great deal of pride in the different array of character's coupled with the ignorance of people. Take my advice or leave it, but you may wish to abandon this idea before a moderator steps in.
I agree, if its an unofficial tier list its only going to cause flames. The Tier list thats generally going to be agreed on is the official one.

Best101

Smash Ace
Olimar, Zelda, and Wario near the bottom? Are you joking or something? I would post reasons for why I think they should be higher, but I'm on the Wii right now. Maybe tomorrow

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
No, you don't.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141725

Post your opinion there.

Listen to the new guy, he knows what he's talkin' about.

You DON'T know how to make a well rounded tier list. No one does. Not even the pros who play the game for years. They make the list as a group because it will be better balance and less biased that way. You'd have to be VERY arrogant to believe you could make a good tier list ALONE and this early into the metagame.

So, that said, you also blatantly ignored the thread devoted to this kind of discussion, which the new guy was kind enough to point out to you. ;)

Btw, New guy, I like you. ^^

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
1. I realized that I probably can't make a good tier list from this thread.
2. Lucas isn't that good except for camping which many characters can get past. I didn't rank the campy characters too high in general due to the fact that they don't need real skill and once Brawl's tactics have become more advanced they will be as useless as in Melee vs. good people.
3. Could a mod come and close this thread now?

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Please close this thread. This thread is epic fail since its a collection of one person's experience with Brawl, not a compilation of ideas from a group of many individuals who agree altogether.

Tier lists are bias so don't take effect on anyone who stumbles upon this. None of the characters in this person's low ranking is true, since I've seen all of them being mastered and used quite efficently. One person's trash is another person's treasure.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
OMFG!!!! (insert main here) as (insert tier ranking here)?!?!?!? WTF!?!!??! ZOMG STFU LOLZ!!!!!1!11!eleven!!

we only need a few thousand more of these comments to make the thread worthwhile, right?

EVERYONE STOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom