• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya they are talking about it at work right now, they said it was sick. I've seen some live videos they looked very good in general. (Of course it's not the same experience as if you are there but still)

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
That's what she said

Other then that, Muse was sick, did you like em Kev?
Of course. I've been into muse since 04. I missed them last time they came and was mad pissed. I'm real happy I got to see them this time.

The whole screen/platform tower thingys were an amazing addition to the entire show, too.

I also like Silversun Pickups, so it was cool having a band I actually give a **** about for the intro, as well.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Doubt it.

Most brawlers are on the south shore now, and are pretty much on the cheap end.

mongmong

Smash Cadet
hello all
NCBA has new opening hours and new pricing

NCBA will be open everyday starting this Friday 19th from 5pm to 4am

-Everyday from 5pm to 4am

Also there will be no more hourly rates at NCBA.

From this Friday 19th and on NCBA will charge a day pass or a night pass

- Day pass will be 10$ each person from 5pm to 4am
- Night pass will be 5$ each person from 12am to 4am

You will be given a bracelets for your Day or Night pass.

Please keep your bracelets on or you will not be able to reenter NCBA and will have to pay for your day pass again.

Thank you.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Gah.. 10$ to play now!? ...

Edit: That hella sucks, sure you get more hours but who the heck can stay after 12 anyway? lol. The only advantage now is I guess you can play different games.

But still when I come for a "smash night" then I want to play smash only.. 10$ is too much just for a few hours.

kr3wman

Smash Master
10$ for 11 hours
5$ for 4 hours.

Maybe you could have a 5pm to 12pm pass thats the same rate as the night pass, or less considering it gets more anyway.

maybe like 7$ for 7 hours or something.

wait a minute, this sounds familiar.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
$10 for 11 hours is a pretty good rate for the time slot you get, but it's really brutal for the amount of time we're actually there for. On top of that, we lose the flexibility that made Netchamp appealing in the first place...the price change is understandable, but it'll be hard on my wallet to continue attending these. A 5-12 (or 5-1am) pass would also be a good idea to implement in general since the last metro runs around that time anyways, so most people would be gone by then.

Thankfully I was planning on taking a small break from smash to focus on school anyways :lick:.

EDIT: I have 20 bucks collected from the past 2 weeks (but I forgot to keep track of who paid how much 2 weeks ago :/). Ideas?

Steb

Smash Journeyman
For most of us here, 10$ is just too high for what we're used to. A lot of us like to go just for a few hours, or just can't afford this kind of weekly fee. If we could get something for 5:00 - 12:00, or like a smash only pass (lol), then maybe NCBA will stay appealing.

Anyways, I'll be there every week still. I don't want this place to die, lol.

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
I see the point of this. The old system was kind of a hassle ill admit, but it worked.. anyways like steb I'll be showing as much as possible for the wellbeing of the place, but jin I think you gotta consider some kind of day pass. I mean the attendance was already pretty lousy..

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Hey just out of curiosity if i bring my own tv+melee setup is it free for that setup?

zaf

Smash Lord
I will not be attending tomorrow either. I am also short on change, the new prices don't help me out either. At gamer's world I paid $5 and had no parking fees. I don't want to pay more money and pay for parking for the same amount of play time. I only play brawl+ and take up 2 tvs at max. At gamer's world we usually had like 2-3 tvs for brawl+. So as it stands I won't make much effort to go on Wednesdays unless I know a lot of people are going.

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
I will not be attending tomorrow either. I am also short on change, the new prices don't help me out either. At gamer's world I paid $5 and had no parking fees. I don't want to pay more money and pay for parking for the same amount of play time. I only play brawl+ and take up 2 tvs at max. At gamer's world we usually had like 2-3 tvs for brawl+. So as it stands I won't make much effort to go on Wednesdays unless I know a lot of people are going.
Will maybe drop by.

I don't approve of the prices either and probably won't play much at all :/

Top Bottom