• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Snapshots: Possibility of putting them on PC?

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
PC = computer, not playable character.

It has a 7 on SD Card. So obviously this means you can save them to an SD Card.

But, I wonder, can you transfer them to your computer that way?

That'd be awesome but it won't happen.....

Another thing about that picture: It says the Wii has 5 Brawl pictures saved, and shows them all.. except for picture #1. :p I wonder what it is/was?

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I'm assuming they save each file as a png or jpeg, so transfer to a computer should be as easy as copypasta

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
Get an HP printer, they're reliable. You can also get USB SD drive. Or if you have a Media Center computer put it in that drive. I do this all the time with my SD cards:

Take pics -> Put on SD card -> Remove from Wii -> Put in Printer -> Save to computer.

As simple as that.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
PC = computer, not playable character.

It has a 7 on SD Card. So obviously this means you can save them to an SD Card.

But, I wonder, can you transfer them to your computer that way?

That'd be awesome but it won't happen.....

Another thing about that picture: It says the Wii has 5 Brawl pictures saved, and shows them all.. except for picture #1. :p I wonder what it is/was?
dude, i have an sd slot on my computer... and yes you will be able to put anything from ur sd card onto ur comp...

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
If were saving them to an SD card, and you can upload things from your SD card to your computer, then we MUST be able to upload them to the computer!

[/sarcasm]

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Unless Nintendo pulled an Apple and used a format incompatible with everything, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to transfer them to our computers.

MKDSPoKE

Smash Cadet
Yes, you can. FIRST, it's an SD Card. Put it in a digital camera, upload via USB, or just put the SD Card in the computer itself. OR, transfer the pic via email on your Wii Messenger.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
If were saving them to an SD card, and you can upload things from your SD card to your computer, then we MUST be able to upload them to the computer!

[/sarcasm]
How the **** is that sarcasm?

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Unless Nintendo pulled an Apple and used a format incompatible with everything, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to transfer them to our computers.
Even so, if theres a way to make them, theres a way to convert them, its the nature of files (and file extensions)

So there can always be someone willing to program a convertor.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Even so, if theres a way to make them, theres a way to convert them, its the nature of files (and file extensions)

So there can always be someone willing to program a convertor.
Hopefully.

I think there's a handful of people in this thread that are missing my point. :( I know what an SD card is, does, and I use one alot. But some of the Wii's data is in a different format than what either of my computers can read, and you can't put pictures from the Wii Message Board onto an SD Card unless you max out your Message Board and force it onto the card, but my friend said that pictures didn't even show up and the data was all compressed and he couldn't really use any of it with his computer.

By the by, my computer doesn't even have an SD card slot. I'm using a microSD card and the SD Card Converter that came with it. I then use the USB Adapter to read, download, and upload stuff onto it. It sounds like you would simply be able to do this with your Wii, but I'm worried that posting Brawl snapshots will be in a format that can only be read by the Wii.

And you can't email pics from the Wii Message Board.............. I have my email in my address/Wii Number book and tried sending one. It won't let me select thy name.

MKDSPoKE

Smash Cadet
Hopefully.

I think there's a handful of people in this thread that are missing my point. :( I know what an SD card is, does, and I use one alot. But some of the Wii's data is in a different format than what either of my computers can read, and you can't put pictures from the Wii Message Board onto an SD Card unless you max out your Message Board and force it onto the card, but my friend said that pictures didn't even show up and the data was all compressed and he couldn't really use any of it with his computer.

By the by, my computer doesn't even have an SD card slot. I'm using a microSD card and the SD Card Converter that came with it. I then use the USB Adapter to read, download, and upload stuff onto it. It sounds like you would simply be able to do this with your Wii, but I'm worried that posting Brawl snapshots will be in a format that can only be read by the Wii.

And you can't email pics from the Wii Message Board.............. I have my email in my address/Wii Number book and tried sending one. It won't let me select thy name.
Ahh, I see what you mean. They can't send pics through email? Aww. Well i'm sure they will allow it. I'm sure if we can upload are own pics on the wii, the format the game will save the screenshots in will be one compadible with windows, or even mac.

Top Bottom