• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Brawler360

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I don't buy that "pre-order" numbers bull. Lots of people don't pre-order. And by the way...delays hurt sales, not help. Like, there are plenty of us who may not buy it ever or will wait until just whenever since it keeps getting pushed back, and we need to get on with our lives. Just release it, and I'll buy it. Pushing it back this long is ridiculous. It kills the hype, and sales suffer. If that's the case, then expect a November '08 release.

Besides, Melee was released over 7 years ago. Nintendo should have gotten on the ball a LONG time ago. So, I have little patience for such excuses.
Very well put sir.

Don't give us a **** release date if you are going to keep changing it, you idiots (speaking to NOA, not Sakurai). I REFUSE to buy any more Nintendo products until Brawl comes out. Screw NOA and its marketing strategy so that "sales won't suffer". After Brawl, I will not be buying any more games for the Wii anyway. That'll really be the only game I play from Nintendo. I do have a 360.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Can someone fill me in on why the Japan release was delayed for a week, yet the American release was delayed a MONTH? The logic in that seems to escape me.
The same reason why Japan equivalent of something is always better than it is for America. Sakurai is biased towards Japan. This has been discussed thoroughly. No matter how great he is at game development, he's still human, and has flaws, and that is he's biased.

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
To all you who are asking why it was delayed more in North America than in Japan, here is the reason I believe why.

NoJ wasn't getting Brawl produced as fast as it should or some event occured to pevent enough production. Sakurai relized this and delayed brawl in Japan one week to give the game enough time to be mass produced. Instead of delaying America's date by one week, he delayed it a month to ensure if the same probem arised, he wouldn't have to delay it this week and delay again a week or so from now. Sakurai was so close to releasing in Japan that he wasn't going to delay it as much as he did for us unless he had to.

Rash

Smash Ace
After Brawl, I will not be buying any more games for the Wii anyway. That'll really be the only game I play from Nintendo. I do have a 360.
Why do people always say this, or things like this?

I just don't get why so many people keep commenting that they only bought a Wii for Brawl, or that they're thinking of selling their Wii now that Brawl's been delayed again. It doesn't make sense. The Wii is a gaming platform like the X360, PS3, DS, PSP, etc. There are games for it, and more games to come. Is there a reason why people seem to avoid Wii games, but then insist on playing games on other systems? In the most general sense, there may be a reason, but it's definitely not a good one.

Many of us bought Wii's mostly for new/innovative kinds of games and most importantly Nintendo games, but that doesn't mean we are only limited to the core Nintendo games like Mario Galaxy and SSBB. There's plenty of other content there.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
Such a minor delay in Japan. Once the Japanese version has gone gold, the game is done and won't be any better in English. More time DOES mean a better game, yes, but it no longer looks like this is the case.

But my question is: "Why?"
Nintendo is notorious for delaying games to keep up the hype, but I personally see this as killing it. While the little tactic does work to an extent, this is like what's happening to the Wii (Of which I'm also questioning why. Maybe they aren't restraining the production? Who knows.) They're not even teasing at all, no demos, slow updates, I'm not understanding this. Could it be? should they really just step up and do it now rather then later? Should they just... delay it into December of '08? I pray not, let us hope for the best (Best being no more delays.)

BTW: Such as happened in the past, I recall waiting for over 2 years for a few games to be released in the US, and all of them landed on the Holidays.

BTW2: Convincing evidence that there is actually a good reason and that it WILL be released on March 9th rather then delayed more would be... Loved.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Why do people always say this, or things like this?

I just don't get why so many people keep commenting that they only bought a Wii for Brawl, or that they're thinking of selling their Wii now that Brawl's been delayed again. It doesn't make sense. The Wii is a gaming platform like the X360, PS3, DS, PSP, etc. There are games for it, and more games to come. Is there a reason why people seem to avoid Wii games, but then insist on playing games on other systems? In the most general sense, there may be a reason, but it's definitely not a good one.

Many of us bought Wii's mostly for new/innovative kinds of games and most importantly Nintendo games, but that doesn't mean we are only limited to the core Nintendo games like Mario Galaxy and SSBB. There's plenty of other content there.
Well I bought my Wii just for Brawl, though well in advance, but I have a few other games on it. I am getting a 360 in about a week so that'll tide me over til Brawl.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
Such a minor delay in Japan. Once the Japanese version has gone gold, the game is done and won't be any better in English. More time DOES mean a better game, yes, but it no longer looks like this is the case.

But my question is: "Why?"
Nintendo is notorious for delaying games to keep up the hype, but I personally see this as killing it. While the little tactic does work to an extent, this is like what's happening to the Wii (Of which I'm also questioning why. Maybe they aren't restraining the production? Who knows.) They're not even teasing at all, no demos, slow updates, I'm not understanding this. Could it be? should they really just step up and do it now rather then later? Should they just... delay it into December of '08? I pray not, let us hope for the best (Best being no more delays.)

BTW: Such as happened in the past, I recall waiting for over 2 years for a few games to be released in the US, and all of them landed on the Holidays.

BTW2: Convincing evidence that there is actually a good reason and that it WILL be released on March 9th rather then delayed more would be... Loved.
Well said. Why is the big question.:confused::confused: when will nintendo realease this game? it's mostlikely safe to say that come late february, the game will be delayed again.

Venraneld

Smash Cadet
I just wish they would have given us a better update for today. Don't get me wrong, the Pikmin stage looks awesome and everything, but for the last delay they announced Sonic The Hedgehog at the same time. I didn't really want any more character updates till the game released in February, but now, yeah, I'd like a character to compensate please. Even if it's a veteran.

kobefox2485

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alfredo24pr
at least, it is from after i come from my trip...this game better be great. it think it would be better lol

smash superstar

Smash Ace
its so dumb!

really is it needed.....this game better be great geez lol

and with the whole i only bought my wii for brawl thing...im kinda like that to true the wii has some interesting games...but not that many games for the system are that great
sure they may be good but compared to the 360 there is nothing

oh well i think its still better than the ps3 lol

smash superstar

Smash Ace
its so dumb!

really is it needed.....this game better be great geez lol

and with the whole i only bought my wii for brawl thing...im kinda like that to true the wii has some interesting games...but not that many games for the system are that great
sure they may be good but compared to the 360 there is nothing

oh well i think its still better than the ps3 lol

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Meh oh well XD I don't really mind anyways. I'm getting Devil May Cry 4 on Feb. 5 so that will easily help me tide over. Also, forget about not spoiling myself, I'm checking the whole roster when it comes out in Japan!

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who believes they are delaying this game to make changes to the game or make it better is a ******.

The game went gold in Japan. It was CONFIRMED. You understand what that means right? The game is NOT under development any more. AT ALL. At this point, any time delays are for marketting or money reasons only. They know this game has the potential to be a system pusher and they don't care how many times they have to lie to people in order to get the most money they can because they know people will buy it regardless. Nintendo obviously does not give a flying **** about its fans.

Zek

Smash Ace
Would you guys stop making up stupid crap and insulting Nintendo for imaginary reasons? The simple fact is that we don't know the reason. It is not in Nintendo's best interest at all to delay Brawl. They know as well as we do that it just pisses off consumers and slowly kills their hype. In other words, they did it because it was necessary to make the game as good as possible. For all we know the localization team came down with the flu during crunch time or something. Stop freaking out and just wait for the game, a month means nothing if we're still playing it years from now.

Zek

Smash Ace
Anyone who believes they are delaying this game to make changes to the game or make it better is a ******.

The game went gold in Japan. It was CONFIRMED. You understand what that means right? The game is NOT under development any more. AT ALL. At this point, any time delays are for marketting or money reasons only. They know this game has the potential to be a system pusher and they don't care how many times they have to lie to people in order to get the most money they can because they know people will buy it regardless. Nintendo obviously does not give a flying **** about its fans.
When was it confirmed? Can you give me a link? I really hope you're not talking about that image from weeks ago that was already disproven. Even when it's gold in Japan, that doesn't necessarily mean the localization is finished.

Name one way in which Nintendo benefits from delaying Brawl. There is no marketing reason. Pushing back an official release date is an ugly move that doesn't do anything but hurt Nintendo's reputation, as we're seeing now. If there were marketing concerns with the release date they wouldn't have made it to begin with. It's painfully obvious that this delay is out of necessity.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
Would you guys stop making up stupid crap and insulting Nintendo for imaginary reasons? The simple fact is that we don't know the reason. It is not in Nintendo's best interest at all to delay Brawl. They know as well as we do that it just pisses off consumers and slowly kills their hype. In other words, they did it because it was necessary to make the game as good as possible. For all we know the localization team came down with the flu during crunch time or something. Stop freaking out and just wait for the game, a month means nothing if we're still playing it years from now.

Can't argue with that:urg: but people need a scapegoat, and nintendo is the only one to go at. when someone is frustrated they go at the first thing they think of. and we blame nintendo/sakurai.:mad:

PS: can't wait how smash dash ep10 handles this.:chuckle:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hope it comes out later in Japan. It's going to be pretty hard to avoid spoilerz (for those of us who want to) now with an extra month added to the gap .

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
i'm so fed up with nintendo. they have done this so many times.
they need to pick a date, stick with it, work hard, and complete the game by that date.
this is ridiculous.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
You know what, when I first read this on the dojo, I was pretty upset to say the least. Now that i've had time to cool down lol, I can wait another month longer, knowing that I've already been waiting since June & July. Don't always think of the negative; think of the positive too. Yeah it's delayed another month but so what. We've all been waiting for years for this game, and another month is nothing compared to that.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
The news made me wanna cry in a corner and throw up... but after taking some time to accept it I'm okay... well kinda...

Well at least I can enjoy it during Spring Break... which for me starts the Friday right after the release, well... as long as they don't delay it AGAIN that is. ^^;

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
You know what, when I first read this on the dojo, I was pretty upset to say the least. Now that i've had time to cool down lol, I can wait another month longer, knowing that I've already been waiting since June & July. Don't always think of the negative; think of the positive too. Yeah it's delayed another month but so what. We've all been waiting for years for this game, and another month is nothing compared to that.
So True. As long as they confirm some Veterans in these weeks I'm fine.:)

Top Bottom