• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
So there's been a lot of arguing, debating, and complaints about the Brawl delay....

lNow, I'm not going to clain to be a prophet or anything, but I'm about 99% sure why Brawl was delayed

It wasn't until just recently, when Sakurai and company had finally completed and finished creating Captain Falcon (there were much complications on arranging pixels in such a god like form such as the Capt'n) thus why he hasn't been updated on the dojo yet.

Now you see, the past week has been spent alpha and beta testing Mr. Falcon.........HOWEVER, one major complication arised

Whenever Captain Falcon was pitted in a match with Solid Snake, the Wii hardware would start smoking and heating over. The graphics would botch, as the pixels simply could not display both stunning physiques at the same time. When both Captain Falcon and Snake came into contact, the Wii would explode due to an overload in both "badass" and "smexy" levels (over 9000!).

as you could expect, it was due to this that Brawl was delayed, and the brawl team will be spending from now until march creating an "alternate costume system" which will posses a Snake with bunny ears, lolliypop, and cosmo magazine and Captain Falcon with a raincoat covering his chest and knee braces, whenever the two are in the same match.

=P

now seriously peoples, I'm upset too, but delays happen, and happen for the better.

Being released right before spring break is pretty bad though.....seeing as many will be busy, travelling, partying etc.... that or you could re-name it "brawl break" and STD (smash till dawn) with your friends all day, every day :p

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
from a source i cant reveal...the reason brawl was delayed

simply put, Nintendo of America made this decision, not Sakurai. brawls pre-order numbers weren't looking good, and Nintendo of America (NOA) wanted more time to get together the advertisements, commercials, magazine ads, and promotions to drive stronger first week sales. Another factor in the placement of the American delay is to give this part of the year stronger profit. My source had no details on this matter. The Japanese numbers are fine and the week delay is for a shortage of copies made. The game is finished in Japan in in full. NOA is still working on localization and the way brawl communicates with American routers. So in short, we simply will have to wait another extra month for Brawl , unless u want it half English/ half Japanese.

Allin

Smash Journeyman

simply put, Nintendo of America made this decision, not Sakurai. brawls pre-order numbers weren't looking good, and Nintendo of America (NOA) wanted more time to get together the advertisements, commercials, magazine ads, and promotions to drive stronger first week sales. Another factor in the placement of the American delay is to give this part of the year stronger profit. My source had no details on this matter. The Japanese numbers are fine and the week delay is for a shortage of copies made. The game is finished in Japan in in full. NOA is still working on localization and the way brawl communicates with American routers. So in short, we simply will have to wait another extra month for Brawl , unless u want it half English/ half Japanese.

My thoughts exactly... Plus who said Sakurai had anything to do with it he does control when the game comes out its just his ideas :p.

DrLuigi

Smash Rookie
it would be an excellent way to learn a second language.

i would be able to say Show Me Your Moves in MANY LANGUAGES!!!!

Zeig mir deine Bewegungen!
Thanks Storm Eagle!

it would be nice if they at least gave us a new movie or something.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
C'MON NINTENDO! What the hell is wrong with you?! is the American localization too lazy to get this out only one week later?!
Now you MAY get a picture of how te Europeans get screwed over about EVERY TIME by Nintendo....

Edit: @ DrLuigi: In German it would be: "Zeig mir deine Bewegungen!" *lol*

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
After ranting, I realized something. I have a beautiful wife to come home to, a good job, good health. I'm not gonna complain or get stressed about a mere game when I have so much going for me. If it comes out fine, if it doesn't fine. Life is too short to worry about a game.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Here's a metaphor for the Smash Bros release date that explains to European gamers why North Americans "whine" about delays:

Picture yourself in a desert. You're starving and dying of thirst, however, you know, for a fact, that at some point, possibly a long way down the road, you are going to reach civilization. And you're going to eat, drink, and be merry when you do.

Now, picture yourself in the same desert. Still starving and dying of thirst. You still know you're going to reach civilization and that you're going to eat, drink, and be merry when you do.. But this time you see off in the distance. You get closer, and closer, and closer. And then, right when you're on the outskirts, just inches away... it disappears, you can still make it out, but just barely in the distance. And you continue moving towards it, and then, as you draw near, once again it jumps back. You can no longer be sure that the next time you reach it it will be there.

Now, you may feel one situation is worse, but you can understand why the ones in the other situation feel so bad, right?

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
@DainBramaged, not even a Captain Falcon/Snake joke can rectify this one.

@Storm Eagle, that's total baloney. Europe never got a release date. You weren't roped in with promises of getting it soon and then pushing it back. At least you've been in the dark the whole time. It's much worse to get a date and then have it changed constantly, it makes you invest more interest, which is just dirty.

Besides, who ever said I was/we were mad at Sakurai? I'm just as POed at Nintendo for sucking us in to buy their stuff and then dangling it in front of us and pulling it away continually, just so we buy more of their stuff...

Tony_

Smash Ace

Uhhh no. That is bull****. COMPLETE Bull****. NOA could have just translated the comercials instead of making new ones.

As for localization, it only takes a month to translate a game. Thats all that should happen.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
a month to translate a "game"

ur ball park estimate is for only a small group of games. localization (not translation) is far deeper than just text.

final fantasy games take far longer than a year. ff12 is a great example...look it up on a wiki

edit* i see you , you want translation only

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't buy that "pre-order" numbers bull. Lots of people don't pre-order. And by the way...delays hurt sales, not help. Like, there are plenty of us who may not buy it ever or will wait until just whenever since it keeps getting pushed back, and we need to get on with our lives. Just release it, and I'll buy it. Pushing it back this long is ridiculous. It kills the hype, and sales suffer. If that's the case, then expect a November '08 release.

Besides, Melee was released over 7 years ago. Nintendo should have gotten on the ball a LONG time ago. So, I have little patience for such excuses.

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
seriously, i hope noone actually thought that 10th february is the release date.
i mean, based on our recent run of luck it was obvious that they were going to delay it again.

edit: that means there are going to be even more cheap updates than before ^_~

edit2: and that means there will be at least one thread with the title "really awesome update on february 10th?????"

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Im mena they could have a least posted a character update to distract me from the notice and this site for a while, acualy was this delay first mentioned today, (Dojo) or did I just not nodice

Oh and don't really think there will be more cheap updates, because Japan's date was only pushed a week, and after there game comes out you'll find almost everything about this game

The Sorrow

Smash Cadet
Im mena they could have a least posted a character update to distract me from the notice and this site for a while, acualy was this delay first mentioned today, (Dojo) or did I just not nodice
There were rumors of it being delayed again until sometime in March, but we just got the notice on the Dojo today.

7Mario

Smash Rookie
I was pretty mad.

But now I'm not as mad, but still they better put Megaman in now!

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Man. I was concerned with the roumers and the email I got from Nintendo, but I did preorder in full this weekend. I feel silly now. Oh well. Now I'm sad.

Baconater

Smash Cadet
we should all spam nintendo's email with angry letters or letters asking why. I know I have already. Join me in my massive email war!!!!! Ten fake dollars of no value to whoever sends the email that crashes their servers. Hit them in the wallet and they will react, and you don't sell products when your websites down.

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
No difference to me, still no release date for Europe. At least this hopfully means more Dojo updates, since I'm probably going to onfine myself to only that after Brawl is out in Japan.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
When Brawl was announced as a launch title, there seemed to be only one mountain to climb over. At the end of that mountain we didnt find Brawl, just another climb, representing July 2007. At the bottom of that mountain was another mountain, this time at the bottom was the day of December 3, 2007. Once we crossed, Brawl wasn't there, but Sonic the Hedgehog was and he speedily carried us over what was the biggest mountain of them all: February 10th 2008. And now we have reached the bottom and there is still one small hill to climb.

I just want to play the game, that's all. It's hard to believe that there wont be another delay, unless it really is just to print more copies to avoid a shortage. I just hope it goes gold soon, if that's the case. Otherwise, all signs point to Holliday 08. He really needs to do a roster reveal.

Zek

Smash Ace
seriously, i hope noone actually thought that 10th february is the release date.
i mean, based on our recent run of luck it was obvious that they were going to delay it again.

edit: that means there are going to be even more cheap updates than before ^_~

edit2: and that means there will be at least one thread with the title "really awesome update on february 10th?????"
Who cares about the updates? We only have to wait a week longer tops to learn everything from the Japanese version. After that the Dojo will be nothing but a nice source of pretty pictures.

Zek

Smash Ace
When Brawl was announced as a launch title, there seemed to be only one mountain to climb over. At the end of that mountain we didnt find Brawl, just another climb, representing July 2007. At the bottom of that mountain was another mountain, this time at the bottom was the day of December 3, 2007. Once we crossed, Brawl wasn't there, but Sonic the Hedgehog was and he speedily carried us over what was the biggest mountain of them all: February 10th 2008. And now we have reached the bottom and there is still one small hill to climb.

I just want to play the game, that's all. It's hard to believe that there wont be another delay, unless it really is just to print more copies to avoid a shortage. I just hope it goes gold soon, if that's the case. Otherwise, all signs point to Holliday 08. He really needs to do a roster reveal.
Brawl was never going to be a launch title. That comment came before the game had even begun development, and a year before it was officially announced. And I don't know where you pulled July '07 from. Most of us expected it to be coming in Fall when the first trailer simply said "2007." The first official release date was Dec 3.

And what the hell are you talking about with Holiday '08? You realize the game is going to be out in Japan in 2 weeks?

Samus-T

Smash Lord
wowowowowowowowowow *bzzzt* *crrrzzt* must.....kill....*bzzzzt*......SAKURAI.....AAAAAHH!!!! "explosion".well hey that just gives us more time for melee tourneys, dojo updates, and the time for me to teach these 2 guys i know how to play smash.gotta think optimistic guys!

Lazy_muffin

Smash Cadet
dam, this sucks, and to think, i already had a bow on my sisters head, so that i can trade her in for a reserved copy of smash.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Who cares about the updates? We only have to wait a week longer tops to learn everything from the Japanese version. After that the Dojo will be nothing but a nice source of pretty pictures.
amen...
finally, it's gonna be so nice to see an end to all the arguments and shet about who's in..

oh.. and to finally know how many characters on the roster.. ahhh yeahh

I think that will be enough for me until march.. as long as I know these things.

(come onnnn sakurai-show me 50!)

Allin

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah we'll all be 80

New Annoucnment On The Dojo

"Since Duke Nukem Forever Finally Came Out we can Finally Release Brawl. Have a fun time brawling on Your Wii 54"

XD

madog32

Smash Rookie
I don't understand the logic in delaying the game again in an attempt to avoid a shortage of games. Guess we should consider ourselves lucky they didn't apply such "logic" to the Wii, or America probably wouldn't even have seen those yet...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
The thing is, it's a weird feeling to have the game launch so close. I know I've gotten used to it being so far away, and Sakurai did this so we didn't feel weird. Thanks Sakurai!

This game is never going to come out. I hope you all realize that. It's the Nintendo version of StarCraft: Ghost and Duke Nukem Forever.

Bash20

Smash Rookie
cause they are bull****

other games dosent have delay like medal of honor heroes 2
great game no delay
nfs pro street
no delay
i dont understand to why they do that

Top Bottom