• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Rated for Europe - *Update* Rating Now Gone?

RayLewis08

Smash Rookie
Rated 3+? As in 3 years? Yet it is rated teen here.

Sometimes I don't understand the UK.

They do that, then they go and force No More Heros to tone down their game.

TenzeiX

Smash Cadet
I hate and love the UK for this reason...

Confusing ratings

So anti-violence they made manhunt 2 and no more heroes like GTA on crack and the whole "ARE VIDEO GAMES BAD FOR MY CHILDREN!?!?!?!?!ONE" **** start again....

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I hate and love the UK for this reason...

Confusing ratings

So anti-violence they made manhunt 2 and no more heroes like GTA on crack and the whole "ARE VIDEO GAMES BAD FOR MY CHILDREN!?!?!?!?!ONE" **** start again....
Actually no. Manhunt 2 was banned before release.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I think they'll change it. I'm convinced it'll be 12+, PEGI has been stupidly strict lately, every Sonic game (even the hankercheif one) has gotten 7+ or higher lately. Sonic Rush Adventure got 12+ because Marine said "bugger".

WOT TEH ****.

So I think this'll be given a 12 for "cartoon violence". Sounds like sommet they'd do :/

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
I think they'll change it. I'm convinced it'll be 12+, PEGI has been stupidly strict lately, every Sonic game (even the hankercheif one) has gotten 7+ or higher lately. Sonic Rush Adventure got 12+ because Marine said "bugger".

WOT TEH ****.

So I think this'll be given a 12 for "cartoon violence". Sounds like sommet they'd do :/
Wow! You're right as well. WTF 12+? What next? Super Mario Galaxy 18+?

ThatOtherGuy

Smash Cadet
Snake sneaking up on Mario, grabbing his neck, and jerking it...yeah! Sounds like something I'd say a three-year-old should see if I were on a ratings board!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
JPEG are curazeh, curazeh, hypocrites :p

Next, BBFC bans Brawl, for having ZSS in it! ONOES!

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
TP was rated M!? Where?

Melee was first released as 11+, then 7+, most fighting games nowadays are 12+.
Australia. And you should know, here down under, we arent generally dont bat an eye at game ratings, we're layed back when it comes to ratings of all sorts actually. an MA15+ movie made and rated here would be rated R18+ in the US.

And why should you be bothered about a rating of 12+?. I mean...you are over 12, arent you?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord

WOT TEH ****.

Blasphemy! Every Doctor Who episode is more scarier than "bugger" is crude, and more violent in that also. Yet it is a kids show.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Blasphemy! Every Doctor Who episode is more scarier than "bugger" is crude, and more violent in that also. Yet it is a kids show.
NEWCOMER: Dalek "Whats this!? Are we going to get E-e-e-e-xterminated!?"

UPDATE: Brawl rating has been changed to MA15+

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Australia. And you should know, here down under, we arent generally dont bat an eye at game ratings, we're layed back when it comes to ratings of all sorts actually. an MA15+ movie made and rated here would be rated R18+ in the US.

And why should you be bothered about a rating of 12+?. I mean...you are over 12, arent you?
I don't really care, it's just incredibly weird that it would get 3+... sometimes I don't understand PEGI at all. Sometimes they're over strict, sometimes under strict. Age ratings also affect sales (in more ways than you may think)

a 12+ rated game is probably more appealing to a teenage audience (it's stupid I know, but it's pretty true) than a 3+ game.

Yeah, I'm 17, but I need an ID card to get 16+ games, because I'm short. :urg:

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe

WOT TEH ****.

Indeed. Even Pokémon Battle Revolution got a 7+

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Indeed an oh wait moment.

Aha, i c wut u did thar. This Dalek needs a moveset.

Anyway back on topic -

It may seem stupid that they rated Brawl 3+...and it is. Since when has Nintendo, or any other multi-national corporation used logic? HAH, all logic pails in front of almighty DA... NINTENDO OF EUROPE! EXTERMINATE.

EDIT: @ SuperLink - i know how you feel. But just think, we'll retain our youth while the others around us grow old :cool:

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Well the rating's site had absolutely nothing about Brawl before anyways. So I'm starting to think NoE made it up.

Weegee

Smash Rookie
And looky looky:

COMING SOON!? Let's hope.
I saw that one two weeks ago already.

Coming soon doesn't indicate a real soon. It could mean within a week or within 4 months. Check the other games for a reference.

EDIT: Most of the Coming Soon games are released atleast released a month later. Ignore this message >_>

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure where you get that idea from. I'm curious to see what movies we get that are MA15+ that are R18 or equivalent in the US. If you're talking about things you see on TV, it's because all of the offending content is cut out to tame the rating. Cinema and DVD releases seem to be about the same though.

Games is the same, except games aren't easy to censor and OFLC is a lot harsher on video games than anything else. Since we have no R rating for games, even games like the last Leisure Suit Larry were banned.

In any case, I don't see the big concern with ratings. SSBM is going to go under the media scapegoat radar even if it were rated 15+ for all the other fodder out there. If you're a pre teen and your mum won't let you play Smash due to violence, then you may have to look at the problem with the bigger picture.

The important thing is that we have no release date yet, which is a very bad sign.

Top Bottom