• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Picks #2: Lyn vs Hector

Who is your brawl pick?

• Lyn

Votes: 60 54.5%
  • Hector

Votes: 50 45.5%

• Total voters

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Hmm. I've seen some fairly good explanations for why neither of them may appear. But as a matter of personal desire, if I had to pick one? Lyn gets my 'vote.' I genuinely enjoyed her personality in FE7, even if her stats were a tad disappointing on occasion. So I've actually got some interest in the character design, even if Hector was neat too. And I'd be interested to see how she ports into Brawl, being a speed-fighter with a possible bow and probably several lunge-based sword attacks.

So, Lyn gets my nod in this case.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
either of the 2 would make me very happy:

Lyn:
Nintendo needs female characters
Awsome in game character
fast FE character

Hector:
unique weapon
popular among people

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
They are both very good candidates for the slot, but I went with Hector simply because I'm biased.

Axes (will always be) > swords

Really though, between Metaknight, Link, Pit, Ike, & (possibly) Ganondorf we have plenty of swordsmen. And that's only the first party... Add in Crono, Prince of Persia, and a couple other possible candidates and we have too many.

We need an axe-user simple because we have plenty of swords. If they're going to give us a weapon-based moveset, make it an axe!

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
Hector, plain and simple. What's cooler than dude swinging a huge axe? Nothing thats what...well maybe jacuzzi filled with pudding....but THATS IT.

Epsilonis

Smash Cadet
Both deserve a spot, but I'd pick Lyn over Hector just for pure hawtness and that her fighting style actually differs completely from all other swordsman in brawl, or possibly in brawl.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I would be sorely disappointed if either managed to sneak in. FE should be represented, but it really only needs one figurehead (eithe Marth or Ike). Basing every attack on one weapon is boring (especially when they are human). One character already monopolizes this field. (Marth) .

See Marth represents FE well. Strategy based. You can use your counter, use the advantage of your sword (the tip), work together combos (toward B), ect. But any more characters from this game starts bleding into the same territory. And frankly there are characters with swords that have more pizazz and represent other series (Issac from Golden Sun).
Here you go again Bowserlick. Just face it, FE had two reps in the last game, so it's going to get at least two reps in Brawl. You may not like it, but you're a fool if you think either Marth or Ike can represent the series on their own.

I also feel at times you seriously lack imagination, or at least lack faith in Sakurai. If you knew anything about the games you'd know that Lyn would be easy to make unique considering her style isn't anything like the other swordsmen lords. You might as well say that Ganondorf or Zelda shouldn't get a sword, because then they'd be too similar to Link using your logic.

Not to mention it looks like you just saw the fact they are two FE characters and decided that you'd just simply post your '1FE rep' nonsense and failed to realize that one of tem doesn't use a freaking sword.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Allright, another match-up. Both have appeared once and both played a big role in that game (which is still freaking awesome btw). But who to vote?

Lynn is fast, very fast. Unlike Marth (who is a royal) she learned all of the sword skills by herself. That means her style is unlike people who just swing a sword around. Just look at her attack animation in the game and you'll see that she delivers quick, but lethal blows. She's fast and that's her best thing. When Lynn transforms, she's even stronger. And omg, she has a bow! Now that would be nice eh? Shooting clowns from a distance and slashing them when they get too close. And her critical attack kicks *** too, so no reason to be worried about a Final Smash.

Hector is slow. Dang it slow. But slow isn't always bad (Ganondorf <3 my true love). His strength is immense and (that's why he's nice too) he has an axe. We do not have an axe user yet. Swinging an axe can be just like swinging a sword except for that Hector will be slower then, let's just say, Link. Axes hit hard people, we all now that, so Hector will be a true powerhouse. When he transforms, he's also able to use swords.

This is not a battle of fanbase, but a battle of gameplay addition. And sword/bow combination appeals more to me than an axe/sword combination. Furthermore, Lynn is hot and fast. You would pick a slow fat guy over her? No offense to Hector, but Lynn just attracts me more than he does.
So I voted for Lynn.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
Not going to happen. These are hypothetical polls given one of the two characters were to get in Brawl. Nobody is forcing you to vote.
Never said the lack of a neither option was forcing anyone to vote, it's the opposite. It's forcing people that don't want either but want to vote, to just leave without voting. When making a poll you need to take into consideration other people, can't undermine someone just because they don't want to vote one of the given choices.

Besides, it's for statistics.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Never said the lack of a neither option was forcing anyone to vote, it's the opposite. It's forcing people that don't want either but want to vote, to just leave without voting. When making a poll you need to take into consideration other people, can't undermine someone just because they don't want to vote one of the given choices.

Besides, it's for statistics.
No, this is just about a discussion which of the two would be in Brawl over the other. So you do not have to have a neither option because if people don't want both of them, they don't want one character over the other, they just dislike both of them, so there is nothing for them here.

And what, it's for statistiscs? The people that don't want both of them shouldn't have to be shown in the poll because, again, that was not the question.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'm the one with the premium. :p

I destroyed the neither option because I want to see the opinions of those who don't care about the characters give their reasoning about why they would "pick the lesser of two evils" just to have a broad scope of everyone's feelings given one of the characters HAD to get in.

It's a high possibility that you are going to be disappointed with some of the characters included in Brawl. Sakurai can't satisfy everyone.

But like I said before, this is a hypothetical poll and in no way influences what the true outcome of this game is going to be. It doesn't have to be taken so seriously.

And if you don't like those reasons, then I just felt like getting rid of the neither option. :p

Call me whatever you want, I don't care. It's just a silly poll.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
I destroyed the neither option because I want to see the opinions of those who don't care about the characters give their reasoning about why they would "pick the lesser of two evils" just to have a broad scope of everyone's feelings given one of the characters HAD to get in.

Call me whatever you want, I don't care. It's just a silly poll.
Mehh, that makes sense. I was under the impression these polls were for which of the two we WANT in, in which case yes, it would be stupid to leave it without a neither option.

And what, are you used to people calling you names when they don't agree with you?
I have no reason to call you any names, lol.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Lyn for me. We'll probably get Marth or Ike in Brawl (or both), but a female Fire Emblem character such as Lyn would lessen the scope for Marth/Roy style clonage.
Besides Brawl does need more females, and Lyn most definatly falls under that catagory. Plus she has green hair, always a good thing!

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
Lyn does seem the speedy type.
and, since I favor speedy type characters, and since green hair pwns n00bs...
Lyn.

there's your sign.
(why the heck do I keep saying that?)

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
i voted hector, mainly because he was losing..... but i like both of them and an axe would add something different i feel. on the flip side, doesnt lyn level up into a class that is like, one of two in the game that can use both swords and bows? quite an achievement.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I voted for Lyn, but Ephraim and Ike are the only way to go for FE reps.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
Lyn for sure, I mean who doesn't want a female with a sword. And I saw somewhere that she is faster than Marth which is always a plus!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
People seem pretty split on this character choice. =O

Then again, it would be boring if there was a landslide victory...

On one hand, you have a fast, light character that wields a sword and a bow and would have a different sword style than the other swordsmen. Also, she's a girl so that's another plus.

On the other hand, you have a brand new aspect of fighting with the inclusion of an axe-wielder who would be slow but powerful.

Either way, Lyn still garners my support unless Captain Syrup is confirmed for Brawl.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
NEITHER!

either way, i have broken the tie (second for the day) and Lyn is in the lead. I personally would pick Ike as a FE rep over these to, but if i had to pick, id pick Lyn for the "more females in Brawl" 's sake.

But still i want neither...

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'm quite surprised at this poll. I thought people liked Hector better now. I guess Lyn still has fans especially if people have seen this or this

Here's Hector's footage:
Link

NukeA6

Smash Master
is it really such a shock that the anime girl beats the anime guy? actualy theyre pretty even....but shes still got 1 vote on him!
I barely hear people talk about Lyn anymore. It's all about Hector now. I thought she was forgotten but I know I am wrong now.

Joe_Sumo

Smash Apprentice
Lyn is HAWT. Also if marth gets kicked out she cud take on a similar moveset. If he doesn't well... i don't know what to expect.

Having an axe fighter would be awsome im just biased towards chicks =p

Also i would be very angry if Ike make it. I beat path of radiance. He was strong but i just plain didnt like him.

Sadly, I think Ike has the best chance. Path of Randiance was more popular than Blazing Sword (just called Fire Emblem for those of you who arn't nerds)and Sacred Stones. For a side note wouldn't Ephraim, the spear fighter, be cool?

D

Deleted member

In terms of what he could bring to the table, Hector > all (except Ephraim, maybe).

Check out my topic if you get a chance.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Lyn is HAWT. Also if marth gets kicked out she cud take on a similar moveset. If he doesn't well... i don't know what to expect.

Having an axe fighter would be awsome im just biased towards chicks =p

Also i would be very angry if Ike make it. I beat path of radiance. He was strong but i just plain didnt like him.

Sadly, I think Ike has the best chance. Path of Randiance was more popular than Blazing Sword (just called Fire Emblem for those of you who arn't nerds)and Sacred Stones. For a side note wouldn't Ephraim, the spear fighter, be cool?
Ike is pretty much almost a shoe-in for brawl.

I personally was very surprised when I voted and saw Lyn was winning. Sure she is a girl, but Hector was a badass in his game and his axe would bring soooo much more than Lyn would.

I also agree that Ephraim would make a good addition as well with his spear.

Top Bottom