• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl, or Melee 2.0?

Starscream

Smash Ace
Sakurai didn't step in, Iwata approached Sakurai, his former colleague to be the mastermind behind Brawl.

Brawl > Melee 2.0. It's time for a change and a new game. And Melee 2.0's online system would undoubtedly be the same as Brawl's.

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
The funny thing about melee being online is that by putting it online, they would have to remove advanced techniques. The inclusion of online is pretty much the main reason why brawl has its physics system.

In otherwords, melee online would essentially be neutered, and ontop of that, have nothing to compensate for that.

Brawl of course, has new characters, stages, etc.

Starscream

Smash Ace
The only reason that I think that Melee 2.0 would sound like a nice alternative to Brawl is because a lot of people are unhappy with Brawl despite not having played it for an extensive period of time. From what I've read, the people here that actually own Brawl seem rather happy with it. But can you imagine the backlash had we gotten Melee 2.0 announced from the get go? Would you not feel betrayed by the utter laziness of sticking a GC game on Wii with online instead of giving us a new effort? Nintendo just can't please everyone.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
The funny thing about melee being online is that by putting it online, they would have to remove advanced techniques. The inclusion of online is pretty much the main reason why brawl has its physics system.

In otherwords, melee online would essentially be neutered, and ontop of that, have nothing to compensate for that.

Brawl of course, has new characters, stages, etc.
I really don't agree with that at all. I don't believe that online and gameplay mechanics have anything to do with one another.

okiyama

Smash Ace
I think Sakurai had a lot to do with the whole "friend codes" thing. I believe things would have turned out differently had Sakurai not been involved. I guess the world will never know.
No Sakurai did not have to do with friend codes.

Sakurai did not make:
Strikers
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Wii Friend Codes
Everything else with online for Nintendo systems.
The friend codes thing is Nintendo's doing, not Sakurais.

And of course I'd like Brawl better when Ir ead that they wanted to make Melee 2.0 I was just thinking "what?!"

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
id rather have brawl... melee 2.0 wold suck:0

don't you people relize almost all of your "advanced techniques" were gliches...

i am sure you will find more anyway... besides we got sonic, snake, olimar, wario, a stage builder, a DECENT (did not say perfect) single player mode.

The very notion that Brawl is Melee 2.0 for the literal only reason that certain characters didn't get in doesn't deserve to give his opinion on any subject whatsoever.

Stage Builder
My Music
Assist Trophies
Stickers
Subspace Emissary
Final Smash
Online play
Coin Launcher
Challenges Mode
Replay Mode
Co-Op
Multiple control schemes
Special Brawl
Masterpieces
etc.

So basically, if Ridley, Krystal, King K. Rool, Mega Man, and Geno were all in, it would suddenly stop being Melee 2.0?

Fun fact: If it lacked all those features and had only new characters and stages, that would be Melee 2.0.

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
I didn't bought Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest, because is still the same game, and I won't, I will never in my life buy the Wii version of Zelda Twilight Princess, because I already have the other one,(have in mind that I'm a complete Zelda fan.) I would never buy an online Melee, because is the same thing as something I already have...

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
I didn't bought Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest, because is still the same game, and I won't, I will never in my life buy the Wii version of Zelda Twilight Princess, because I already have the other one,(have in mind that I'm a complete Zelda fan.) I would never buy an online Melee, because is the same thing as something I already have...
Preach it cuzzun!

Top Bottom