• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The salt all over the DK at the end. Evening up the stocks just so he can humiliate them in a sudden death. Its so satisfying. You know he's salty when he evens up the stocks. He won't let them take the loss in peace. No. He kills Kirby with his friend and gets the Big Foot Stomp on Fox. And Link.... That big fat DK at the end lol. :dk2::dk64::dkmelee:"YYYEEEUUUOOOOHHH" :joyful:

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
The salt all over the DK at the end. Evening up the stocks just so he can humiliate them in a sudden death. Its so satisfying. You know he's salty when he evens up the stocks. He won't let them take the loss in peace. No. He kills Kirby with his friend and gets the Big Foot Stomp on Fox. And Link.... That big fat DK at the end lol. :dk2::dk64::dkmelee:"YYYEEEUUUOOOOHHH" :joyful:
I try my best to play like that. Haha

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
@ H HYP3R

A trolling pink captain falcon as p4, with two pikachu's.

Trolled around the first round at FD

then went to onett and i'm like i'm being trolled screw dis and taunted and got hit by the captain at the last second which was funny as hell. Got Dc'd by the blue pikachu, I didn't like that noob.

Was dis you?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I was in a basic brawl. I kirby-cided and won +7 points. I felt bad so the next match I killed my self 6 times for the first 30 seconds of the match. I didn't kirby-cide for the rest of the match. I still won...:joyful: with 0 points!!!!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
/Gives thread life

wow King with the like spam... that's unusual.

Gonna be on dat BB because... its almost final time... and I have an A.... so... idc right now lul.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
@ H HYP3R

A trolling pink captain falcon as p4, with two pikachu's.

Trolled around the first round at FD

then went to onett and i'm like i'm being trolled screw dis and taunted and got hit by the captain at the last second which was funny as hell. Got Dc'd by the blue pikachu, I didn't like that noob.

Was dis you?
No, I don't remember a match on onett, sorry. :(

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I've been meaning to post this earlier, but a few days ago I was playing SmashBurner in a 1v1 from the arena. Everything was going fine until I won a match, and it d/c'd him from the room I was hosting. He would have to rejoin and we would play again, I win, d/c'd. I lost on purpose at this point and he stayed in the room. Has anyone else experienced something like this? It has never happened to me before.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I've been meaning to post this earlier, but a few days ago I was playing SmashBurner in a 1v1 from the arena. Everything was going fine until I won a match, and it d/c'd him from the room I was hosting. He would have to rejoin and we would play again, I win, d/c'd. I lost on purpose at this point and he stayed in the room. Has anyone else experienced something like this? It has never happened to me before.
Hmm...never had that happen before. Maybe WFC just hates him. Still sounds strange, though.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Sooo... whats the Green Alloy thing in Basic Brawl? Are they supposed to be doing something or do hackers purposely crash the system?

*nonchalantly claims page. Even though I don't know why it matters.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Rumor has it that there is a secret Green Alloy society that tries to meet up on Basic Brawl to plot sinister things.....

You haven't heard this from me.....

Player -0

Smash Hero
@ P PATH O__o GG's, gotta go finish up some homework/study. I think I have the power to not procrastinate after playing 5 hours of P:M......

Who was the guy we were playing? He was pretty good, baiting out grabs OoS from you and punishing with Falco D-Tilt. He also punished your usual spotdodge from shield with a Jab (on shield) -> F-Smash (after spotdodge). I played badly myself (Lag screwing inputs and stuff DX) so egh. Spamming Side-B as Falcon too much. I need to space aerials/DD better...

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So...bit of a random question here.

When I have matches with you guys, and I use a character that you main/use, does it make you guys mad? Is it unsporting?

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero

When I have matches with you guys, and I use a character that you main/use, does it make you guys mad? Is it unsporting?
I haven't played with you..... :awesome:

Besides that not really. Only when you use my color too. If you play really badly then I'll facepalm and point out some things or if you go for things that's really gimmicky and I know then I'll be like, LOooOooOooOL.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819

I get pressured into thinking that I have to play better than my opponent. It's kind of mentally heartbreaking when I lose to someone who beats me with my own character when they don't even main them. I use it as a way to get better though.

If someone changes into my characters after every round I use them, then I find it unsporting.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I haven't played with you..... :awesome:

Besides that not really. Only when you use my color too. If you play really badly then I'll facepalm and point out some things or if you go for things that's really gimmicky and I know then I'll be like, LOooOooOooOL.
I guess the question was mainly aimed at Wis, Twi, and Dan (in P:M), since we all use Zelda. And I guess there's Lucario with Twi too.

That's good to hear. I get nervous about using them because I don't want to make it look like I'm copying or trying to be better than them.
I get pressured into thinking that I have to play better than my opponent. It's kind of mentally heartbreaking when I lose to someone who beats me with my own character when they don't even main them. I use it as a way to get better though.

If someone changes into my characters after every round I use them, then I find it unsporting.
I only get discouraged when I lose a ditto match. It's even worse if it's my main. I've never played against someone who constantly changes characters like that. That definitely sounds unsporting.

Player -0

Smash Hero

I guess the question was mainly aimed at Wis, Twi, and Dan (in P:M), since we all use Zelda. And I guess there's Lucario with Twi too.

That's good to hear. I get nervous about using them because I don't want to make it look like I'm copying or trying to be better than them.

I only get discouraged when I lose a ditto match. It's even worse if it's my main. I've never played against someone who constantly changes characters like that. That definitely sounds unsporting.
Ditto's are another MU except that you know the character's capabilities (hopefully, if not, you learn something new). You pretty much have to abuse your character's weakness (good to know what it is) and abuse your opponent's habits.

For someone that goes your character you should know what they can do in a given situation and come out on top. Many people don't think situations through (like me :awesome: ) through and play right into a trap. Don't forget that you can back off and reset to neutral.

Character Stuff:
Zelda:
- Not many options if juggled from below (Can teleport but can be punished with the right read/reaction)
- Excels in spacing people away if they're trying to approach via SHFFL (Fair/Bair)
- Good recovery
- Escapes from pressure (Love Jump + That other AT which is a reverse Love Jump)
- Other stuff

Lucario:
- Lol, Idk.
- Get's a little bit of aura from Up Taunt
- What else do you want :(
- Excels on shield pressure (Roll/WD away doods!)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Ditto's are another MU except that you know the character's capabilities (hopefully, if not, you learn something new). You pretty much have to abuse your character's weakness (good to know what it is) and abuse your opponent's habits.

For someone that goes your character you should know what they can do in a given situation and come out on top. Many people don't think situations through (like me :awesome: ) through and play right into a trap. Don't forget that you can back off and reset to neutral.

Character Stuff:
Zelda:
- Not many options if juggled from below (Can teleport but can be punished with the right read/reaction)
- Excels in spacing people away if they're trying to approach via SHFFL (Fair/Bair)
- Good recovery
- Escapes from pressure (Love Jump + That other AT which is a reverse Love Jump)
- Other stuff

Lucario:
- Lol, Idk.
- Get's a little bit of aura from Up Taunt
- What else do you want :(
- Excels on shield pressure (Roll/WD away doods!)
Took me a moment to realize you were talking about P:M. :awesome:

Thanks for the advice on dittos. I still find them annoying though. Kind of like those Din's Fire fights (Brawl) and both players spacing and walling with Lucario.
Oh, and I don't think things through either. You're not alone.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Took me a moment to realize you were talking about P:M. :awesome:

Thanks for the advice on dittos. I still find them annoying though. Kind of like those Din's Fire fights (Brawl) and both players spacing and walling with Lucario.
Oh, and I don't think things through either. You're not alone.
Well in Brawl Zelda just sucks :awesome:

Yeah, I think pretty much any move beats ( or clanks?) Din's though? So you can approach with Nair I think. This is what I've been told, haven't actually tested this though.
Only good Lucario I've played in Brawl was SunnySunny and that was like, a LONG time ago + bad lag. All I know if Dash Attack -> Up Tilt is pretty dumb and Fair -> Fair -> etc -> Dair is also dumb. Also what is an SDI? Is it edible?

D

Deleted member

Eh, it doesn't really bother me :p Zelda isn't a main for me anyway. My mains are Peach (obviously) and ZSS (Zelda and Jiggs are only secondarys). Besides, in ditto matches, I usually beat my opponents :p (I sound cocky ._.)
Edit: @ kaazers kaazers
I C U! ^-^

Last edited by a moderator:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Well in Brawl Zelda just sucks :awesome:

Yeah, I think pretty much any move beats ( or clanks?) Din's though? So you can approach with Nair I think. This is what I've been told, haven't actually tested this though.
Only good Lucario I've played in Brawl was SunnySunny and that was like, a LONG time ago + bad lag. All I know if Dash Attack -> Up Tilt is pretty dumb and Fair -> Fair -> etc -> Dair is also dumb. Also what is an SDI? Is it edible?
I'll be sure to test nair v Din's next time I get into a "Din's Fire Fight". I've been Naryu'sing (?) this whole time.

Don't forget jab>jab>Force Palm/grab. :awesome:

SDI? That's when you use the c-stick to influence the direction you get hit or to escape multi-hit moves. Actually, I think influencing the direction you get hit in is just regular DI. Can anyone confirm this?
Edit:
@ kaazers kaazers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
Holy moly -- 167 alerts!

@ Metalbro Metalbro … @ Matsushi Matsushi … and @ KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms ?!

Whoaaaaa. He's also come down with the sickness? :awesome:
Poor thing, heh.

Catch up like spam time! Prepare yourself.

edit;
Edit:
@ kaazers kaazers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's not creepy at all, hahah.

Nightmares… I shall have nightmares.

edit2; WHAT DID I DO TO HIS FACE? The edit really messed it up
edit3; Wow, already ninja like'dokay

edit4; I'mma just get to the catch up like spam now!

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Holy moly -- 167 alerts!

@ Metalbro Metalbro … @ Matsushi Matsushi … and @ KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms ?!

Whoaaaaa. He's also come down with the sickness? :awesome:
Poor thing, heh.

Catch up like spam time! Prepare yourself.

edit;

That's not creepy at all, hahah.

Nightmares… I shall have nightmares.

edit2; WHAT DID I DO TO HIS FACE? The edit really messed it up
edit3; Wow, already ninja like'dokay

edit4; I'mma just get to the catch up like spam now!
You missed your chance to surprise-like-spam me....

YOU COULD HAVE HAD ME!
But you blew it...

D

Deleted member

:colorful::colorful::colorful:HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!:colorful::colorful::colorful: (im probably the only person here who's Mexican and celebrates Cinco de Mayo xD)

kaazers

Smash Master
/slinks in

It was planned, yes.

/slinks away again.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...
Hold da phone.

You were there the whole time (I felt the likes) but you only posted the minute after I left?

DAT

R E J E C T I O N

Seeing how it is right now.

And I don't like dittos but don't mind if someone plays the same character. It's a bit disheartening sometimes when you lose to someone who doesn't main the character, but I always live, haha.

Not like you play Ike or Snake, but I mean in general.

No you don't!
/ninja's

You missed your chance to surprise-like-spam me....

YOU COULD HAVE HAD ME!
But you blew it...
Yeah… didn't have the time today… I'll get you this week. Dun worry. :awesome:

That aside,
Hi!
And dis internet sucks.

edit; Long post is long!
edit2; I'm now in ninja mode for the lulz.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
:colorful::colorful::colorful:HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!:colorful::colorful::colorful: (im probably the only person here who's Mexican and celebrates Cinco de Mayo xD)
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Whoa, whoa, whoa...
Hold da phone.

You were there the whole time (I felt the likes) but you only posted the minute after I left?

DAT

R E J E C T I O N

Seeing how it is right now.

And I don't like dittos but don't mind if someone plays the same character. It's a bit disheartening sometimes when you lose to someone who doesn't main the character, but I always live, haha.

Not like you play Ike or Snake, but I mean in general.

No you don't!
/ninja's

Yeah… didn't have the time today… I'll get you this week. Dun worry. :awesome:

That aside,
Hi!
And dis internet sucks.

edit; Long post is long!
edit2; I'm now in ninja mode for the lulz.
Keep telling yourself that...

You'll never get me.

kaazers

Smash Master
We need to set up that intervention for Pika… Where's Z when you need him?

edit;
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Keep telling yourself that...

You'll never get me.
Pssssh, all I have to do is like spam. It's not hard. I'll get you easy! I'll strike when you least expect it.
Maybe when you go to get another snack? Who knows?

edit2; RICK'S POST SPLIT. WAAI.

Last edited:
Top Bottom