• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'll be on BB as Red Zelda and Neutral Lucario.

Yep. I'm doing the color thing too.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Guys! I just discovered the quick nav tool! It makes things so much more convenient! I can't believe I didn't know about this sooner.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
@PATH O__o @ Metalbro Metalbro won 2-1.

GG's, lag started messing with me and I couldn't get stuff out, really frustrating. Overall the lag was really light though.

I'll figure out how to dash dance effectively one day.
Yeah, GG's! You are really good with a lot of characters.

Guys! I just discovered the quick nav tool! It makes things so much more convenient! I can't believe I didn't know about this sooner.
Quick nav tool? I require more information on this subject! PRONTO!!!

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Thanks, your post on my profile reminded me. You rolled back a lot, a lot of people do it as a habit (either tech forward, tech backward, or if they're super bad they don't tech and get up attack). You started to mix it up later.

Any critique on me would be appreciated, I know I do a lot of FH aerial stuff and get wrecked by dash dancing because I am just blargh but other than that anything would be kewl.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Thanks, your post on my profile reminded me. You rolled back a lot, a lot of people do it as a habit (either tech forward, tech backward, or if they're super bad they don't tech and get up attack). You started to mix it up later.

Any critique on me would be appreciated, I know I do a lot of FH aerial stuff and get wrecked by dash dancing because I am just blargh but other than that anything would be kewl.
It's kind of hard for me to critique P:M gameplay since I don't know poop about it lol. Umm I guess you just gotta work on your reaction time and try not to get hit by the moves I throw out of nowhere like my DK's Nair and my Ness' Fair/Nair/Bair.

I dunno....you outplayed me most of the times anyway.

The only character I know how to use properly is Marth because I used him in Melee back in the day. My Falcon, DK, and Ness are new.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
It's kind of hard for me to critique P:M gameplay since I don't know poop about it lol. Umm I guess you just gotta work on your reaction time and try not to get hit by the moves I throw out of nowhere like my DK's Nair and my Ness' Fair/Uair.

I dunno....you outplayed me most of the times anyway.

The only character I know how to use properly is Marth because I used him in Melee back in the day. My Falcon, DK, and Ness are new.
If you're trying to get good with Ness some tips is that you can get punished for PK Firing on the ground by a SHFFL (unless you're up against a reallllyyy slow character) so make sure you mix it up. I like doing FH PK Fire and retreat to a platform (ones on side of battlefield and the only ones on PS2).

For DK make sure you dash dance somewhat like your Marth, sometimes you just charged straight in with a dash attack (it works sometimes though so you don't really have to switch it up unless they punish).

I don't have any REAL information for you so you'll have to head over to the character specific stuff. I'm all speculation :seuss:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Quick nav tool? I require more information on this subject! PRONTO!!!
Where it says "Home>Forums>Super Smash Bros. Brawl>Brawl General Discussion>Brawl Online Discussion" there's a little square thing on the far right of it that has a menu to get around faster.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
If you're trying to get good with Ness some tips is that you can get punished for PK Firing on the ground by a SHFFL (unless you're up against a reallllyyy slow character) so make sure you mix it up. I like doing FH PK Fire and retreat to a platform (ones on side of battlefield and the only ones on PS2).

For DK make sure you dash dance somewhat like your Marth, sometimes you just charged straight in with a dash attack (it works sometimes though so you don't really have to switch it up unless they punish).

I don't have any REAL information for you so you'll have to head over to the character specific stuff. I'm all speculation :seuss:
Thanks! I actually have been snooping around in the P:M character boards but I guess I'm not snooping enough! :p
Will definitely try harder to get better! Gotta get rid of my bad habits. A lot of the stuff I do wrong P:M is because I try to play it like brawl.

Where it says "Home>Forums>Super Smash Bros. Brawl>Brawl General Discussion>Brawl Online Discussion" there's a little square thing on the far right of it that has a menu to get around faster.
You're like some sort of genius!

Player -0

Smash Hero
Thanks! I actually have been snooping around in the P:M character boards but I guess I'm not snooping enough! :p
Will definitely try harder to get better! Gotta get rid of my bad habits. A lot of the stuff I do wrong P:M is because I try to play it like brawl.

Don't worry, we'll get you so used to the mechanics we'll have you spamming SHAD's in BB as you try to wavedash.

*This happens to be a lot, WD OoS... is now a retreating SHAD?*

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

:awesome:
I thought I was the only one who didn't know...
--------------
By the way I don't think those mentors are interested in mentoring anymore. They haven't said anything back...one of them hasn't even viewed the conversation.
Heeeey @ Player -0 Player -0 ....
Do ya wanna build a snowman teach me?:)

I couldn't resist.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Don't worry, we'll get you so used to the mechanics we'll have you spamming SHAD's in BB as you try to wavedash.

*This happens to be a lot, WD OoS... is now a retreating SHAD?*
Lmao. I actually had that happen a few times after 3.0's release!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
--------------
By the way I don't think those mentors are interested in mentoring anymore. They haven't said anything back...one of them hasn't even viewed the conversation.
Well I guess they don't care anymore since wifi is gonna end. Sorry man. If I knew how to use Lucario well, I'd teach you everything.

OMG dbl post again! I give up!

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
PM is so much fun. I have lost considerable tech skill (yes there is tech skill in Brawl, buffering inputs is weird and wacky XD) in Brawl because I have been playing PM (and Melee as well) a lot. I find it pretty funny that I dropped brawl for two weeks, return to it, and all of a sudden I'm able to read people easy, and back when I played brawl seriously, I struggled with reads lol.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Well I guess they don't care anymore since wifi is gonna end. Sorry man. If I knew how to use Lucario well, I'd teach you everything.

OMG dbl post again! I give up!
I guess it was kind of pointless to ask since the wifi will be shut down in a month....

Dat double post.

Player -0

Smash Hero
--------------
Heeeey @ Player -0 Player -0 ....
Do ya wanna build a snowman teach me?:)

I couldn't resist.
I don't think I'm qualified to teach you about Lucario @.@

4geev meeeee! ;_;
You must be punished.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Just because I use them doesn't mean I'm proficient :awesome:

Edit - thelikeforce is attacking!

I think I have some time to play some more P:M atm, we should make a dubz (or FFA) :D
Oh. I thought you meant you were decent with every character. Sorry!

kaazers

Smash Master
Whoaaaaa, the internet here is really bad. Just... sitting here...watching it struggle... to load... a page. Also, thought I was gonna be away for a week, but changes of plans! I'll be back Thursday. You guys can't get rid of me that easily, mwahahaha.

Half dead though. Got a ridiculously little amount of sleep.

edit; Actually, might just go to bed. :awesome: I'm too tired for dis.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
[quote="kaazers, post: 16621466, member: 188456"]Half dead though. Got a ridiculously little amount of sleep.
edit; Actually, might just go to bed. :awesome: I'm too tired for dis.[/quote]
Sounds like the norm to me.

Also gonna snooze. Cya guys.

Weird broken quote... oh well.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Whoaaaaa, the internet here is really bad. Just... sitting here...watching it struggle... to load... a page. Also, thought I was gonna be away for a week, but changes of plans! I'll be back Thursday. You guys can't get rid of me that easily, mwahahaha.

Half dead though. Got a ridiculously little amount of sleep.

edit; Actually, might just go to bed. :awesome: I'm too tired for dis.
We can't get rid of you that easily?

MWAUHAHAHA *explodes internet*

Anyway - The perfect gif for dodging bullets.

kaazers

Smash Master
@ Metalbro Metalbro : Nah, got even less than usual this time. Up too late playing, hurrr.
Night, Metalbro.

Dat broken post.

We can't get rid of you that easily?

MWAUHAHAHA *explodes internet*

Anyway - The perfect gif for dodging bullets.
NO. GIFS.
Makes me want to reply with one but this internet ain't gonna take none of that.

And no, you can't get rid of me that easily. I'll always come crawling back.
Like everyone else on this thread does, heheh.

edit; That should not have taken as long to post as it did. Told ya!

Night, guys.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
*Brings up hands with pointer and middle finger extended*
"Decent" It depends on your point of view.

Edit - May not have time for those matches.
Well, I was thinking "decent" meant you knew all their moves and when to use them. Maybe even a few AT's for each one.

Oh, and you were right about the impending like spam.
@ Metalbro Metalbro : Nah, got even less than usual this time. Up too late playing, hurrr.
Night, Metalbro.

Dat broken post.

NO. GIFS.
Makes me want to reply with one but this internet ain't gonna take none of that.

And no, you can't get rid of me that easily. I'll always come crawling back.
Like everyone else on this thread does, heheh.

edit; That should not have taken as long to post as it did. Told ya!

Night, guys.
Night!
Edit: I seem to have messed up the quotes.
I meant to say: Night guys!

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Well, I was thinking "decent" meant you knew all their moves and when to use them. Maybe even a few AT's for each one.

Oh, and you were right about the impending like spam.

Edit: I seem to have messed up the quotes.
I meant to say: Night guys!
I mean, I can't really tell you anything the character boards haven't. Also considering that there are probably in depth guides.

Top Bottom