• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
HELP ME

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I load brawl through USB, and my Project M acts like the No Wifi pack even though I am 100% sure I downloaded the wifi safe version.
Perfect offline matches but desynching online matches. I tested this with @ P PATH O__o and she knows.
How exactly do you do that? I just tried putting the P:M files on a 2 gig USB but nothing happened. My Wii is not hacked by the way.
----------------------
Edit: Night Kaz!

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
How exactly do you do that? I just tried putting the P:M files on a 2 gig USB but nothing happened. My Wii is not hacked by the way.
----------------------
Edit: Night Kaz!
My wii is hacked. I have a channel from homebrew called Config USB Loader which will play brawl from my hard drive. Brawl works exactly like a disc and its how I play with people online and stuff. P:M on the other hand I have the codes for on a separate SD card. I enable Ocarina Codes before loading the Brawl USB and it will load P:M instead. The problem is it isn't compatible with online from all the things I have tried so far.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Night Kaz!

They're calling for another nor'easter.. but it looks like it might not hit us this time. The hope.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
My wii is hacked. I have a channel from homebrew called Config USB Loader which will play brawl from my hard drive. Brawl works exactly like a disc and its how I play with people online and stuff. P:M on the other hand I have the codes for on a separate SD card. I enable Ocarina Codes before loading the Brawl USB and it will load P:M instead. The problem is it isn't compatible with online from all the things I have tried so far.
Aw, I was hoping there was a way to play P:M without a SD card. Oh well. I'm dying to play it but I won't be able to get another card until Friday. It's killing me! I've been watching videos since 6...

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Life's biggest predicament for me at times is when I want to do something, but I don't want to move the cat laying on me.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Aw, I was hoping there was a way to play P:M without a SD card. Oh well. I'm dying to play it but I won't be able to get another card until Friday. It's killing me! I've been watching videos since 6...
I may remember an old trick involving riivolution. It doesn't use homebrew at all so maybe you could try it. Although it was made for Mario Kart Wii, I can try to find it if you're willing to test it.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I may remember an old trick involving riivolution. It doesn't use homebrew at all so maybe you could try it. Although it was made for Mario Kart Wii, I can try to find it if you're willing to test it.
Nah, you don't need to go through all that trouble. I'll just wait until I can get another card. Thanks for the offer though.

Oh and sorry for the late responses. Keep getting distracted by P:M vids.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Nah, you don't need to go through all that trouble. I'll just wait until I can get another card. Thanks for the offer though.

Oh and sorry for the late responses. Keep getting distracted by P:M vids.
It's no trouble at all, you seem a lot more interested in P:M than me. Even if I can only get you the offline version its worth a shot.

@ Rickster Rickster You can TRY this. I never did this method before myself as I don't have a brawl disc. I have used Riivolution before however. You don't need homebrew.

You need this: Letterbomb
And this: Project M ZIP

1. Make sure your wii is updated to v4.3. You can check this in your Wii's settings in one of the corners of the screen.
2. Go to Wii Settings -> Internet Settings -> Console Information. Copy your MAC address onto the Letterbomb website.
3. Untick the Hackmii installer. That is just an option to include a homebrew download which you don't want.
4. Complete the security code and cut either wire.
5. If your SD card already contains a folder named private (which it shouldn't) rename it to privateold and merge the two after the steps are all complete.
6. Extract the files from the Letterbomb website onto your SD card root.
7. Extract the Project M files onto your SD card root.
8. Put the SD card into the Wii and go to the Wii Message Board (Letter Icon) Scroll back a few pages until you see a red letter with a bomb (Its pretty obvious)
9. Click on the letter and allow it to install Riivolution.
10. You will be brought to the red Riivolution screen. I'm not exactly sure if you will have any extra information on the side or not. Just click "Launch" with the Brawl disc in and hopefully it will launch Project M.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
It's no trouble at all, you seem a lot more interested in P:M than me. Even if I can only get you the offline version its worth a shot.
No really, it's OK :). I can get a card tomorrow, actually, so it would just be a waste of your time.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I already finished the tutorial loooool.
Try it if you want or save it in case you need it.
Wow, that's a nice guide. I'll definitely keep it handy in case the new card doesn't work or I break something. I was just told that if the new card doesn't work, I'm not getting any more, so this is a good "failsafe".

Thank you!

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Wow, that's a nice guide. I'll definitely keep it handy in case the new card doesn't work or I break something. I was just told that if the new card doesn't work, I'm not getting any more, so this is a good "failsafe".

Thank you!
Yeah if anyone else on this thread wants to play project m without homebrew there ya go :p

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I just realized how ironic it is that I can't even use my own tutorial because I don't have a brawl disc. That heartbreak. </3

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
It has begun... THE SNOW HAS BEGUN ONCE AGAIN.

link2702

Smash Champion
found a troll yellow kirby/ganon/snake/sonic that was only half-decent, but chose to run away 99% of the time on broken stages like temple and/or get free kills on one of the other 2 players fighting each other in order to win the few matches he did.

Dark energy must be going to basic brawl again. -_-;

ugh..players like him are part of the reason basic brawl went even farther down the ****ter than it was before. between taunt partiers, warioman/gigabowser hackers, and players like him, I am actually kind of supportive of the shutdown now. Least then I won't have to deal with those kinds of headaches again.

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
found a troll yellow kirby/ganon/snake/sonic that was only half-decent, but chose to run away 99% of the time on broken stages like temple and/or get free kills on one of the other 2 players fighting each other in order to win the few matches he did.

Dark energy must be going to basic brawl again. -_-;

ugh..players like him are part of the reason basic brawl went even farther down the ****ter than it was before. between taunt partiers, warioman/gigabowser hackers, and players like him, I am actually kind of supportive of the shutdown now. Least then I won't have to deal with those kinds of headaches again.

I know you have nothing positive to say when you post, so why post in this thread?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hey guys i'm here and ready to party for a bit...
*sees last few pages*...

Eh I guess i'll come back when its safer :D (dun wanna get infected now)

I know you have nothing positive to say when you post, so why post in this thread?
Cause the other one is dead. Just let him be, no harm done.

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
*sees last few pages*...

Oh....okay I won't say anything. Also nice img, I wonder what Tv show that was off of.

D

Deleted member

*sees last few pages*...

*grabs you* JOIN US NOW! :demon:

kaazers

Smash Master
*sees last few pages*...

I wonder why. :awesome:
/shot

It is a good thread though. Gonna try to post there more.

Anyways, heading home now. See ya guys in a couple of hours!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
*grabs you* JOIN US NOW! :demon:
Rawr... lemme study d*mn it. you keep summoning me back hurrr.

Ok um fine....
I'll
be....
Oh this guy looks nice... he's a guardian of sorts...I like to help people....

But idk.... dunno da movie much. and from what i checked there's not much characters. Should I be this marshmallow guy?
I wonder why. :awesome:
/shot

It is a good thread though. Gonna try to post there more.

Anyways, heading home now. See ya guys in a couple of hours!
Because we left it... obviously.

you keep ditching me... I'll get you soon... don't worry :awesome:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rawr... lemme study d*amn it. you keep summoning me back hurrr.

Ok um fine....
I'll
be....
Oh this guy looks nice... he's a guardian of sorts...I like to help people....

But idk.... dunno da movie much. and from what i checked there's not much characters. Should I be this marshmallow guy?

Because we left it... obviously.

you keep ditching me... I'll get you soon... don't worry :awesome:
Pfft, studying Is no fun ._. Anyway, just pick anyone that's left :p I picked Olaf only because he's a kawaii snowman ^-^

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Pfft, studying Is no fun ._. Anyway, just pick anyone that's left :p I picked Olaf only because he's a kawaii snowman ^-^
But-but meh future.... (yeah i know studying sucks but i have to lul)

I dunno... hard to find a good one. I'll see if i'll actually go through with it... might not.

You guize have fun though.

dat summon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But-but meh future.... (yeah i know studying sucks but i have to lul)

I dunno... hard to find a good one. I'll see if i'll actually go through with it... might not.

You guize have fun though.
Oh just be a snowman! Just be something related to snow xD. Wis is Jack Frost and he's not from Frozen :p And if you're a snowman.....WE CAN BE SNOWMAN BUDDIES! :colorful:

link2702

Smash Champion
because I can.

also because this thread killed off the basic brawl friend finder thread.

I do surprisingly sometimes have *some* positive things to say after some time in basic brawl. But these situations are rare with how much of a craphole basic brawl has become.

I just guess I just keep going back to basic brawl in hopes for those very rare moments where its a match against players who are both decent/good, but not total ***** the entire time that run away/triple team/kill afk players just to ensure a win.

Last edited:
Top Bottom