• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl news "Starting Today"

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
So, you just checked <a href="http://www.smashbros.com">The Official Site</a> and found the countdown replaced with “Starting Today.” What does this mean? Surely we must spend the next few hours posting “Starting today wtf” in the discussion thread.

Smashboards is getting hammered, so in the interest of clarity, I’m condensing the best guess as to what’s going on in this thread.

As reported on the Nintendo site, Sakurai wants to release the new information when Japan is actually… awake. So, instead of going live at 11am est, it will be 11pm est today.

“Starting today” indicates to me that the rumors of a new developer’s blog are true, with the first post going live in 12 hours.

Will we get a new character? New levels? Who knows. But lets keep all of the “omgs” to this thread and the <a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=103720">already massive and bloated official discussion thread</a>.

K

KING-NESS

Starting today …I knew it…….whaaat thee fuuucckkk……..i’m gettin insaneeee………

C

Charzendat

Don’t just copy your post from the forum. Fix your tags man.

H

Harley

I thought everyone knew about the translation from the Japanese Nintendo site… that it will be up midday in Japan… so thats 1pm australia.. good.. ill be in class.

Lol its awesome to see alot of the reactions.. people are going nuts

D

Darkfur

“OMG” =p

Actually, I hope all the hype is worth it. If there isn’t a significant update, and it’s only a few little things, I’ll be a very sad Darkfur.

A

Anthony

Come on Max, your bed time can’t be that early. I was a little frustrated for MORE WAITING AFTER A COUNTDOWN! But 11 PM=Perfect. RAW’ll tide me over OOH I’m so anxious I will be MEGA pissed if this GAH-not big.

M

Master Makoku

RAW rulz. Thats exactly what Im doing. Can’t wait 2 hours. W00T. :)

M

Master Makoku

Que? Mi no comprende. No hablo ingles. But seriosly what.

C

Celph

OMG I just moved out from my mom’s house and I found out this countdown thingy XD hope its a new video or sumthing

D

Darkfur

My guess is it’ll be up within the next 100 minutes. [At least Im hoping]

H

Harley

OMG WHY DO THEY TEASE US SO MUUUUUCH!!1.. Sakurai is a doobelmopdop

I

IC2

i think it’s coming up at 12 am so like nintendo to further push things that we wanna se back

W

Werd

Hopefully we get something more than a couple screenshots:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/plane-posting/im-off-to-see-nintendo-262199.php

Hopefully we’ll receive more information from there as well.

A

Anthony

I’m giving this baby until about 2:45 AM before I’m finally out.

R

Ratliff02

This is a very sad night for me, though the updates are exciting, All that wait and hype for basically nothing. They better update something useful soon.

Flyingsheep

Smash Rookie
what are you talking about? there is more info about the music and one of the stages. plus, it says right at the top in a clear visible form that the site will be updated daily on weekdays. I’m happy with that. I think most people over-hyped themselves over a silly countdown, expecting a huge trailer, a release date, and more characters announced.

K

KING-NESS

This site is THE DISAPPOINTMENT of this day…………………………………

NO wait: OF 2007

“Daily Weekday Updates”…pah don’t make me laugh you mother****in’ prick…..keepin’ me up all night for some screenshots…. yeah right

Flyingsheep

Smash Rookie
YOU chose to stay up all night. they didn’t make you do anything. it was just a countdown timer that didn’t tell you to expect anything but a new site.

M

MisterSinister

Roll on Wednesday…daily updates are going to be good…

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Well,

1) Updates every weekday is pretty cool.
2) SSBB will have many of nintendo’s best composers lending their talents (no Uematsu, though).
3) The site says “planned for 2007″?

Ya, less then most of us hyped for, but oh well. In the next few days, and in the coming weeks, we’ll be getting plenty of information. And if they’re not being messed in the head and keep up this torrent of information (though most people won’t care about random insights every other day that is bound to fill it out), they can’t keep this up for months on end. I can only hope this means the release day is some time around the end of summer.

H

Harley

That would have to have been the biggest dissapointment of my life thus far.. I am so depressed now.

**** SAKURAI.. I just dont care if hes making the game no more THAT move was just ****ing cold and he knows it.

A

Anthony

Look, although one stage revelations, and one stage is a bummer-people like Khorsan have a point. Updates every weekday is something I like(although I’d hope it wasn’t as slow as the last day of the count down.)

I

IC2

so its how to play..omg im going to gameset someone but i guess its better than nothing

I

IC2

also btw i have a question for you guys, do you think that the relevant composers like if u look at the list, that those characters will be in it. I mean i saw kingdon hearts and though it hasnt apperaed on nintendo it would be coool to see the key blade etc

Top Bottom