• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl - More complex than you think! [Essay Size]

Banned via Administration
Because you are made of tourney***gotry and lose, and unlike most of the other arguers who say that the depth is going away, you don't even listen to logic and downtalk everybody. Get out.
lol play me in melee and see if you can **** talk?

Pyr0

Smash Ace
You made very good points there, thank you. Everyone sould read this, so sticky for this.
Thank you!

I don't think a sticky is really needed so long as we have a good discussion (but getting stickied would rock)

Just to remind you all, discuss nicely no need to start flame wars.

Anyways, I'm doing a second version of the first post, but I'm not quite sure if to include Final Smashes, yeah they are a huge difference from melee, but are we (we as in competitive players) going to use them in tournaments?

Voice your opinions people this is a discussion forum after all...

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
Well, FS's may or may not make the game more "noob-freindly". A noob that gets the smash ball could potentially pwn a veteran and this factor lessens the gap of skill seperating the players. However, the pro will more than likley get the smash ball anyway, or if worse comes to worse, know how to dodge the FS. For these reasons I beleive Final Smashes dont make the game more Noob Freindly. As for their use in tournaments, I think they will not be used. Tournament battles depend on battleing over skill, not smash balls.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Well, FS's may or may not make the game more "noob-freindly". A noob that gets the smash ball could potentially pwn a veteran and this factor lessens the gap of skill seperating the players. However, the pro will more than likley get the smash ball anyway, or if worse comes to worse, know how to dodge the FS. For these reasons I beleive Final Smashes dont make the game more Noob Freindly. As for their use in tournaments, I think they will not be used. Tournament battles depend on battleing over skill, not smash balls.
While I agree with MOST of what you said, there are some parts you missed.

Sure a noob player can use a Final Smash, but can competitive players use final smashes better? ....say a SHFFL'ing Gigabowser?

We just don't know yet. I've decided to in fact write about them, but keeping a very open mind about them, we just don't know how they can really affect the game.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
as far as l-canceling goes, i think ima have to start using the c-stick for arials, cause you have to do the arial after you fast fall so the joystick will already be pinting down, it'd be easyer to just lift the c-stick up instead of lifting the joystick up and pushing A

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I agree that C-sticking aerials is going to be the way to go in Brawl, otherwise expect your normal stick to get pretty worn out xD

Also:
Last night's spam attack made this thread go into 2nd page >_> not cool.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Version 2 will be up in a few hours.

A lot of the new Smashboards members REALLY need to read this thread (and a lot of old ones too!)

Keep the thread alive, it speaks the truth!

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
Yay! Congrats! You pros can beat casual players even more!

Casual players can use advance techs, being a casual player can just means not attending tournaments.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Yay! Congrats! You pros can beat casual players even more!

Casual players can use advance techs, being a casual player can just means not attending tournaments.
I would REALLY appreciate you guys took the time to read the WHOLE first post.

And reply with smart answers.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Honestly... the depth of brawl vs melee doesn't matter...

Brawl is going to have a tournament scene no matter how noob friendly it is...

All you people who ***** and whine about the loss of melee advanced techniques can just not buy brawl and stick to melee... none of us will miss you...

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Honestly... the depth of brawl vs melee doesn't matter...

Brawl is going to have a tournament scene no matter how noob friendly it is...

All you people who ***** and whine about the loss of melee advanced techniques can just not buy brawl and stick to melee... none of us will miss you...
If you don't play Brawl no one will miss you either. :ohwell:

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I wonder if characters that can glide will be able to fast fall/l-cancel. Cuz to glide you hold down, right so how would that work?
Down+b is to glide.

Anyway, I hope that they balance things out more than how it was in the demo. I mean, a demo is just a demo right? That's before debugging, and as long as the debuggers know Smash relatively well (The Super Mario Club should be doing it again) then maybe they'll find major flaws like a broken crouch cancel or whatever else.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Thats your view on it, a lot of other players don't feel the same way, so respect their view (even if they are or aren't right)
Please read the rest of my post... I said that it doesn't matter because brawl will have a tournament scene regardless...

If you don't play Brawl no one will miss you either. :ohwell:
I don't see what you are trying to say... all I meant was that people who are so stuck on melee can stay with melee... while the rest of us have fun with brawl...

Top Bottom