• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is fun but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
It really gets boring fast. I know, I know...Wifi but sometimes that doesn't even work. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't because of the lag. Plus I kind of feel that what Brawl is just fun.

No this isn't a stupid Melee is better than Brawl thing. But to be honest I never get tired of Melee but there is something about it that makes me want to play it even more. With Brawl it's a few matches and oh well..I don't want to play anymore. I did it today with my friend we hit some Brawl but after the 6th match it became boring.

So he popped in Melee and it was like "OMG WTF ?!" There isn't that in Brawl anymore..it's "Oh..I died". There isn't that suspense in Brawl.

Brawl is sooo much fun don't get me wrong but I just feel that it's missing that factor where people just like "WTF?" or "OMG! OHHH!" factor.

And not this not make Melee > Brawl. Brawl is a great fighter in itself but compared to the "it" factor or the suspense factor there isn't much else.

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
i kinda agree wit u melee had that suspense that isnt really showing up in brawl but brawl is a great game and i like the achievement idea

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Play 3 vs. 1 with the CPU's. They are more fustrating, (they don't walk in to charged Smashes), but fun to play with.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Brawl doesn't get boring if you don't have crappy connection, I rarely lag in 1v1s, usually only lag in ffa with items and junk like that.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Brawl never gets old for me for 3 (main) reasons:

1. Custom stages. I'll never be limited or bored in the amount of available stages again.
2. Music. Don't tell me there isn't a mountain of songs you absolutely love, and they can be used to make the previous reason even better.
3. Ike, Olimar, and other new characters that I enjoy using. They're not in Melee (obviously), and part of the reason I play Smash is to play with my favorites.

There's also the fact I find it fun, but somehow I don't think people will let me count that reason...

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
It really gets boring fast. I know, I know...Wifi but sometimes that doesn't even work. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't because of the lag. Plus I kind of feel that what Brawl is just fun.

No this isn't a stupid Melee is better than Brawl thing. But to be honest I never get tired of Melee but there is something about it that makes me want to play it even more. With Brawl it's a few matches and oh well..I don't want to play anymore. I did it today with my friend we hit some Brawl but after the 6th match it became boring.

So he popped in Melee and it was like "OMG WTF ?!" There isn't that in Brawl anymore..it's "Oh..I died". There isn't that suspense in Brawl.

Brawl is sooo much fun don't get me wrong but I just feel that it's missing that factor where people just like "WTF?" or "OMG! OHHH!" factor.

And not this not make Melee > Brawl. Brawl is a great fighter in itself but compared to the "it" factor or the suspense factor there isn't much else.
o_O

I get that suspense dealie all the time. Sometimes I even crack under it. In Melee, I felt like it was more going through the motions, and every once in a while something sick that we hadn't seen before happened and we want "**** that was cool". But in Brawl, to me, it happens all the time, I find myself under a lot of suspense against someone who is right around my skill level. In Melee, it was just a matter of "oop, there I go, I got you/you got me."

Cookiez

Smash Ace
When will people learn to stop posting threads like this? I mean, come on. You must have realised quite a few people agree, and quite a few people disagree. No reason for 9000+ threads on it.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Brawl made Melee not fun to me. In Brawl, the arrangement of items and smash balls makes it very interesting.

FuRy Smash

Smash Cadet
i could barely play melee for more then 2 hrs in a row. but brawl i can play all day. brawl just has a keeping value to it. i cant explain it too well.

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
ive played melee for 7 years, brawl is new/more fun/and different, the only complaints ive seen is lack of AT (which i never did but could beat almost anyone who used them) hitstun/lack of combos (to that I say yall are stupid. you CANT try to combo like you did in melee, i suggest recreating a playstyle that works with brawls physics, as I have done and am now comboing my *** off, and people cry because of the speed reduction, but I find it refreshing, ground is fast and the slow air allows me to combo like 6-10 times in one air attack system, i suggest if you want to combo, try learning moves that push up into a move that pushes back down and find patterns ( as I have done).

blade_master99

Smash Rookie
Brawl is only fun if you can make it fun. Just sitting and playing it will get old fast if you're not trying to make it fun.
uhhhhhh um so what are you supposed to do look at it? Your supposed to play the game.....like every other game. But anyways yeah I kinda see where your coming from OP. Wifi is just really really bad. I could nag about all the faults brawl has being the critique I am. Though I still find it fun... just wish they didn't think about the SSE in the first place.

Just wait until a meta game arises, maybe then will the competitive scene truly be more popular.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom