• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl in Japan and Online confirmed?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The fact that Brawl was given a release date of December 3rd for America, but no date elsewhere made most people poder what’s happening with Japan? Were they once again, in Nintendo’s wierd twists, getting the game after The Americas? Well <a href="http://gonintendo.com/?p=22773">according to GoNintendo</a> Japanese retailers have been given a date of November 22nd, and on top of that, saying the game is coming with Online.

GoNintendo isn’t the most reliable of sources, but they claim that they’re also getting confirmation from CoroCoro Comics, a gaming magazine that’s well known for getting inside scoops on Nintendo’s games (Most well known is their habit of geting New Pokemon), however, no actual scan of the magazine has surfaced yet. As soon as one does, you can bet we’ll get it translated and find out if this is just more hogwash, or wether it’s actually real news, and confirmation of what we all want: Online Smash Bros.

H

homelessvagrant

I don’t know how this is even a question, Brawl was created for the sole idea of online smash. There’s so many things pointing to online (more basic stages, holding a for rapid attacking, etc.). Why would they not implement it in. It would foolish for them not to.

G

Gamer Blue

I wonder why they confrmed it for US and not for Japan.

C

ChozoChampion

it would be very disapointing if brawl didnt have online. I do get tired of owning my buddies and really need to go against strong opponents that only online will be able to bring me.

M

Maric

It’s strange I DON’T want online, i just don’t like playing online. No matter what. Call me old fashioned but i like to lood into the eyes of my defeated foes or even the other way around, but as long as i does not have a negative effect on the rest of the game (of which I don’t see how it would) I’ll be just fine.

S

Sneaky 2.0

I want online, but not if it means the dev team will have to sacrifice work on other things. I’d rather have just one more character to play with than online if the latter is a detriment to the character’s chances.

G

Gamer Blue

I’d rather not have it online because my computer is slow.

G

Gamer Blue

We’ll maybe it would be cool to have a different opponent every now and again but still.

K

Kinnikuman

Yeah there is going to be online who is questioning this? So Nov 22 for japan huh? Well atleast we will get info about the game earlier than dec 3 right?

S

speed demon fox_

Its sad that japanese gets a lot of games before us.
i wish they would post another update

R

Rockin

Well, CoroCoro is smart for not doing scans IMO. Nintendo still wants to keep its fans in suspense, so they’re making sure not to let the tiniest crack of information slip out.

Really, I don’t think Nintendo is gonna release Brawl in Japan on Nov. I’m pretty sure there was a few games that they released it to America, Japan, and a few other places ON THE SAME day.

Brawl is gonna be huge, so there’s no need for different dates. I’m pretty sure they didn’t do that for Melee.

as for Online feature, I’m all for it just as long as they don’t have audio so you could speak to your opponents. I don’t need to hear people trash talking me like they do in Halo.

*doing a wavedash* “WTF did you just did!? You cheated! You did AR on the game!”

“HA! My **** responds faster then your controller!”

“You suck!”

nuff said. &gt;

M

Mr fN LeOn

Even if brawl is online I don’t like the fact that dere is no mic 4 the wii its like playin a better type of computer like I be playin strikers nd it feels wierd cause I’m like used to talkin wit my oppenent since I used to play gears of wars a lot wen it came out DEY NEED TO PUT A MIC DAMNIT!!!!!!

K

Kinnikuman

Nintendo will only let u talk with someone if u have their fc, never on random matches.

R

Rockin

Fn Leon - Also, just picture playing Brawl

You’re playing someone who’s really kicking your ass. Before you know it, you’ve been 4 stocked

Later, you find out it’s a kid and he’s talking garbage on you.

Trust me, you don’t need that. That’s as bad as getting sniped by a 10 yr old in Halo. &gt;

S

Sneaky 2.0

If the Japanese got Brawl before us, that means the site would have to put everything about the game up early. Then everyone could read all the info they needed before the game was released in their region.

M

Mr fN LeOn

Yea that’s the annoying part of voice in online but its neccassary 4 online play cause it just makes it more funner nd gettin ur ass kicked my a 10 yr old does suck but I wanna just talk wit real gamers

V

vinternet

Guys, its a fighting game. Spoilers really don’t matter here - as a matter of fact, they help sell the game. The “secret” characters only need to be secret for long enough to convince you that theyre secret - then you find out about them and you say ‘oh man Brawl has totally awesome secret characters!!!!1111′ and buy the game. So the release date is not only doable, its very likely. (japan-developed game).

Online isn’t a definite but it seems pretty likely - and while voicechat would definitely help the experience, it can’t hurt it - all you’d have to do is turn it off and it would stop bothering you.

R

Rockin

Nintendo has been pretty hesitant on online features since the Gamecube days. I doubt they’ll include mics at this time of day.

M

Mr fN LeOn

Nintendo be slackin on online features dey should learn something from microsoft wit dere online features

S

Sneaky 2.0

They did learn from Microsoft. They don’t like the idea of voice chat too well. Yet on Diamond and Pearl, you get voice chat. O_o

R

Rockin

Sneaky - Maybe they’re testing the voice chat just to see how it works out.

Also, gotta understand, Xbox360 focuses a bit more on computer accessories. Nintendo just focuses on video game online.

Animal - doubt it. Kirby Kid said that the new improved A button should reduce the laggyness.

S

Suicide-4-life

off topic-

When are they gonna confirm luigi!?! i mean you cant have the game title be “Super Smash BROS”. emphisis on BROS. you know BROTHERS. i mean the game cant be called that unless theres at least one set of Brothers. and its either luigi or ughhh…. Waluigi (:(

again sorry for the off topic-ness

S

Sneaky 2.0

That’s fine. I just wonder, what do you think about online systems? Do you think Brawl should have voice chat?

R

Rockin

Sneaky - Nah, why bother with voice chat? voice chat shouldn’t be used unless when playing team ops like Halo, Gears of War, or Phantasy Star Universe. With smash, in order to establish a good team is by knowing your player, their weakness, and their style of battle.

And the best thing to do to fill all those three is by training with one another on Brawl.

So, while I’m all up for online (which I could live without if it’s not available), I disagree with voice chat. It’s gonna be unwanted space IMO.

E

EvilToad01

I think Luigi’s gonna be a secret character as he was in the original and in Melee. Same with Jigglypuff. Tradition’s sake.

S

speed demon fox_

i dont want to see luigi and jigglypuff as secrets any more. i dont see why we had to unlock him again in melee(it was 4 characters) and why we have to unlock him a third time in brawl. its obviously stupid. a few of the others from melee is fine because it alot more you had it unlock.

S

Suicide-4-life

well think about it most kids who played melee were very young when ssb came out(including myself so to some it would be a suprize but in brawl…i agree

R

Rockin

guys, stop spamming the article. Scav and the others made the members log to prevent that =_=

R

Rockin

Then talk about it somewhere else and don’t spam up this place…

I suggest Smashboards.com

M

METROID MAN

I saw a pic of a voice chat speaker. it plugs in where the nunchuk goes, and i geuss the chuck can still be atached

S

Sneaky 2.0

Um, could the admin in charge get rid of my “not here” message? It doesn’t fit anymore.

So this speaker, could you show us a picture?

K

kirbykirbykirby

december 3 in japan and here because that is when melee came out (so they will stick with tradition)
Online - yes!

T

THOR-AXE

online would be great ,but, I won’t be disappointed if it has none. As 4 voice chat I’m 4 it but only for people with each others friend codes. Off topic and out of curiosity how old were u guys when u first played smash bros. on the N64? I was 11

A

Animal 214

no1 has told me yet if it would be laggy like foutain of dreams is if u play 2 v 2 on it

Top Bottom