• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ike Discussion.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Hey everyone. First off, I'd like to say that if you have a problem with Brawl+ and blah blah hax hax, please PM me about it instead. I'd like to use this thread for discussion only on the new and improved Ike. Now, if this doesn't even deserve a thread, by all means, please close it mods.

The things discussed won't be 100% set in stone, since the optimal codeset is still being found out. I've used three different kinds lately. DarkSonic's, Mookie's and Kupo's. I am currently using Kupo's codeset. The majority of things I've been able to do have been present in all three more or less.

For those who haven't played it, Ike still isn't outstanding, but he definitely got a tad bit better. Maybe that's an understatement, but *shrug.* He's definitely a beast, that's for sure. He can, *gasp* COMBO!? Yayhuz! Nothing extravagant, mind you, but still there. Now, I really can't recall if he had any combos in regular Brawl, but they definitely show in Brawl+.

I haven't been able to FULLY test how easy these are to escape, but some of the combos are:
dair-dair-fsmash/upsmash/...(low percents and seriously, if the fsmash can connect, most things should as well)
nair-a,a-grab-dthrow-follow up with uair/fair

In all actuality, I don't find much of a point to explain the combos at this moment. I'll mess around with some more later, but they're not hard to find, and I feel like an idiot tying to type them out. They're not long or flashy, but they rack up damage and that's the whole point.

Of course, with Ike getting nice new additions in Brawl+, so do other characters. Characters that were a pain before are just as much if not more of a pain now. I'd like to use this thread though in just trying to deal with matchups, because I guarantee you some have changed, i.e. Ike vs Falcon. I'd very much appreciate input though, and I'm sorry this is so messy. I'll try to give it a better appearance.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Actually I found Ike very playable.

L cancels make his approch a hell of a lot better he can put good pressure and shiled stab. Wave smashes due for crazy mind games and now there is a jab approch wavedash -> to jab.

fair -> jab :O

IDk how everyone else benifeets from Brawl + but Ike definely does.... alot

XACE-K

Smash Master
I only play Brawl+ and Ike is a f***ing beast in it. He reminds me of Melee Ganon with how he plays. When you compare Ike+ to Ike, he's better in everything.

He's a lot faster with l-cancelling airials, wavedashing (he actually has a pretty good one IMO) for approaches and what not.

He can mindgame better with tactics like doom said.

Ike can actually combo instead of your opponent having bad DI. idk what combos work all the time but I've gotton different ones every now and then.

If Brawl+ was the tourney standard, Ike could actually be mid or higher. The changes he gets helps him in most match-ups were he has a disadvantage.

Top Bottom