• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Graveyard 2.5: Preparing for Final Judgement

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
That's my whole point! Lucas & King Dedede aren't on there, so they're secret characters!

Personally I don't think King Dedede, Meta Knight & Kirby would ALL be starter characters. Don't you? They're not on there, so they're secret characters, as are Snake & Sonic.

& if Lucas doesn't have any of those moves either, then Ness has as much chance as... I can't think of anyone with less chance than Ness.

****! >.< Curse you Sakurai! :(

I'll continue to prey though... Ness may spring from the shadows & surrpise us all... Or he'll be back for SSB4. Dunno how long a wait that'll be though :(

tirkaro

Smash Champion
That's my whole point! Lucas & King Dedede aren't on there, so they're secret characters!

Personally I don't think King Dedede, Meta Knight & Kirby would ALL be starter characters. Don't you? They're not on there, so they're secret characters, as are Snake & Sonic.
and I say King DDD and Lucas wont be secret (Its especially obvious that lucas will be starter). And I also say that that image was simply altered as to not spoil anything. your point?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ness could reappear as an alternate costume, so he wouldn't be completely dead.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Ness use to be one my best characters. I like how he was the "hard-to-use-but-worth-mastering" type of character. And I liked his swinging bat pose when he won a match. But when Melee came, he became garbage. Without a doubt, he is the most toned down character I have ever seen in a fighting game and it wasn't just his moves. It was everything. He lacked personality (he smiles when hit -_-), has a voice I care barely understand, and his bat swing winning stance just looks ********. I don't know what type of drugs Ness been using but Lucas better not suffer from it.
Kirby was the most toned down, but your point is very valid. Melee was harsh on many characters like Ness.

*facepalm*
lucas and king dedede say otherwise.
Snake and Sonic are shown, too. It wouldn't surprise me if that was right and all of the rest were hidden. It seems reasonable to me. The only thing that makes me question is that Captain Falcon isn't on there...unless they're deciding to make him hidden again. *shrug*

and I say King DDD and Lucas wont be secret (Its especially obvious that lucas will be starter). And I also say that that image was simply altered as to not spoil anything. your point?
I see D3 as being unlockable. I always thought he would be. It makes more sense than having 3 Kirby starters and none to unlock. I'd venture to guess he's unlockable. And Lucas being unlockable, too, wouldn't surprise me in the least, especially if they decided to make Falcon unlockable again, too.

I don't know where people get off on these huge assumptions that every character shown will be a starter, or even that certain characters will be starters. While I'm making guesses/assumptions, too, I admit that they are such. People claiming they know these characters will start...that baffles me. Where's the source??

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Why would they only put those characters on the screen, & then Miis? Probably because they're the starters. If the screen was a Beta, then why don't they just reveal a Beta character select screen?

How do we know Lucas will be a starter? We havn't heard from Ol' Captain Falcon yet, & Snake & Sonic (we know are secret) were put on the website...

Ness & C. Falcon were sort of like a team, so if Falcon is secret, then so will Lucas.

Unless Ness returns... :ness:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Why would they only put those characters on the screen, & then Miis? Probably because they're the starters. If the screen was a Beta, then why don't they just reveal a Beta character select screen?

How do we know Lucas will be a starter? We havn't heard from Ol' Captain Falcon yet, & Snake & Sonic (we know are secret) were put on the website...

Ness & C. Falcon were sort of like a team, so if Falcon is secret, then so will Lucas.

Unless Ness returns... :ness:
*points to the demo select screen*

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah, & that's different, seeing as Sonic is there, & we KNOW he's a secret character. That screen WAS Beta, no demo, but the characters there are different to the ones on the screen I posted. So it's inconsistent...

Obviously it's not confirmation that the base characters are the 18 on that avatar select screen, but to me it sounds pretty likely.

SonicMario

Smash Master
The only way we can ever get Ness again would be Earthbound Virtual console (Or maybe we already have it >_>) But Ness's reign as "mascot" of the Earthbound series is over. I am not a Mother fan, but 64 was one of my 1st games. And to see someone that was playable in something I had for so long, just deconfirmed like that is heartbreaking. My Smash Bros. spirit felt like it got stabbed in the arm... Hard. It hurt, and it will heal... but that scar is still there.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
The only way we can ever get Ness again would be Earthbound Virtual console (Or maybe we already have it >_>) But Ness's reign as "mascot" of the Earthbound series is over. I am not a Mother fan, but 64 was one of my 1st games. And to see someone that was playable in something I had for so long, just deconfirmed like that is heartbreaking. My Smash Bros. spirit felt like it got stabbed in the arm... Hard. It hurt, and it will heal... but that scar is still there.
NONBELIEVER!!!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If he were a costume, you'd still be playing as Lucas wearing his clothes >_>.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
If he were a costume, you'd still be playing as Lucas wearing his clothes >_>.
and if he were an AT, he'd be an item... even worse.

And you don't know how alternate outfits will work in brawl. it could cnage the names... maybe not, but you can't deny the chance.

falco, wolf, daisy, ness, dr mario, dixy kong, they could all be elaborate costume changes

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I've seen a video with the Dixie costume, and it's just diddy's clothes recolored to pink >_>. At least with AT's, they still retain their names.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I've seen a video with the Dixie costume, and it's just diddy's clothes recolored to pink >_>. At least with AT's, they still retain their names.
how do you know that the new alt outfits won't have name changes? it wouldn't be uber difficult and it's still better than having a separate character for clones

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If you look at the bottom of the screen with the icons, pictures, and names, it said Diddy >_>. Just go to the official gameplay video topic, look for one with Diddy wearing Dixie costume, watch it, and see for yourself.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Ness will be the in the game...as an inductee in the "Smash Hall of Fame". This feature will be revealed next mont or so. :)

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
why does everyone prefer ness? lucas is simply awsome!

*put flowers on meowth's grave* :052: R.I.P

SonicMario

Smash Master
Because Ness was pretty much th eonly character to actually have been PLAYABLE in an earthbound game in America. Him or Ninten, who happens to me looks exactly the same O_o

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
why does everyone prefer ness? lucas is simply awsome!

*put flowers on meowth's grave* :052: R.I.P
Ness brought me into the world of Smash.

One day I saw the N64 game and said; "That's a wierd idea. Whatever"
Months later I played it at a friends house and saw Ness.

Hmm... How should I put it?

I had three games that I loved to play over and over and over again the last few years of elementary school all the way until I got my 64 in high school.

Zelda: Link to the past, Final Fantasy II (IV), and Earthbound.

I guess it was kind of like finding an old stuffed animal that you dragged around everywhere as a little kid.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Ness is on the graveyard, good.
F*** YOU! :mad:

Oh, I'm sorry, that was a bit rude, how about this:

Go out and shoot yours-

Oh wait, that's not much nicer.

I don't like people stamping onf the graves of those whom others dearly loved.

Besides, Ness isn't OFFICALLY deconfirmed...

Sandwich

Smash Ace
-Drops flowers on Mr.Resetti's grave-

I'm going to miss you verbally harassing me for resetting the gamecube.

Top Bottom