• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Graveyard 2.5: Preparing for Final Judgement

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I think since Ike plays like a heavy swordfighter and with his entrance then Black Knight should be in the critical section. Thats more evidense hes not in the game than there is of Ness.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
I should've said these earlier, but shouldn't Blaziken & Balloon Fighter be in the Critical section? Blaziken for the Torchic Pokeball and Balloon Fighter for "the Fish" on The Summit.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
And another one bites the dust. Gray Fox that is. sigh.....this is truly just said that a beast like the cybord ninja won't be playable.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
When day falls and night comes,
for the rest of our lives we'll miss y'all,
and even though life must go on we still mourn,
while wishin y'all were home...

Can I please get a moment of silence....

....Poor Ness

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I never used him anyway, I just suck with him, never could figure out that PK Thunder. So for me this is no great loss both my mains and my favourite character are confirmed so I'm good.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
First major defeat in a character battle since gardevior for the Smash community. I wasnt a huge Ness man, but it'll be odd without him.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Just paying my respects to Ness T_T.

I never really liked you as a character... but I'm going to miss not seeing you in Brawl...

R.I.P Ness.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I never used him anyway, I just suck with him, never could figure out that PK Thunder. So for me this is no great loss both my mains and my favourite character are confirmed so I'm good.
Ness was definitely one of my mains who was mostly for fun. With Ness deconfirmed, 2 out of my 3 mains have been deconfirmed (with the first being Pichu) :(. Seriously, I hope Mewtwo doesn't get deconfirmed or that will be the saddest day of my life...having all three of my mains deconfirmed... The only character I can say I truly look forward to now is Pokemon Trainer. I could relate to Ness more because he looked Asian with his black hair (I happen to be Chinese-American BTW), so finding out that I'm not able to play as him made me die a little on the inside.

I'm also going to miss Ness's special baseball bat and yoyo...

R.I.P. Ness.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ness wasn't asian, look how ****ing huge his eyes are, that's the japanese stereotype of americans when white people think they have tiny eyes. Ness is supposed to be American, Eagleland or Onett or whatever is based on the united states, for every loser wapanese America has Japan has some loser obssessed with America lol.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Ness wasn't asian, look how ****ing huge his eyes are, that's the japanese stereotype of americans when white people think they have tiny eyes. Ness is supposed to be American, Eagleland or Onett or whatever is based on the united states, for every loser wapanese America has Japan has some loser obssessed with America lol.
I always assumed it was based on Europe... but now that you say that. EAGLE land really does make sense to be based on the US... go figure.

Hong

The Strongest
MOTHER is indeed an intentional exaggeration of America.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
They can do all that **** and get away with it and we can't even call them J.aps which is an abbreviation without getting called racist. Horrible really.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I never really used Ness in the previous smash games but things definately won't be the same without him. Now we know that the original 12 are not immune to harm. I guess now, as a tribute, I could use him a bit more often until Brawl.

The three words of death, "up until now", have killed the hopes of many fans on this day. So I say this.

R.I.P. Ness

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I've come to pay my respects to Ness... I can only hope that our great lord Sakurai can find it in himself to revive the poor little guy...

Curse you Sakurai >.<

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
That bulldozer Jill needs to be on the AT list as well...
She is and she has for a while now.

I've come to pay my respects to Ness... I can only hope that our great lord Sakurai can find it in himself to revive the poor little guy...

Curse you Sakurai >.<
Yeah it's a shame. Expecially since smash is supposed to have over 40 characters. How would they not be able to fit Ness in the roster. Well at least Claus has a shot now.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
A shame that Lucas got favortism where as Ness only stayed just because Lucas' game wasn't released world wide.

Bye Ness I'll miss your bumblebee costume. SAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
No way will it have over 40 characters. There are 18 base characters, it'll be 36 at the maximum, & we all know that there are never as many secrets as there are bases. Basically there will be about 30-35 characters in total.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
No way will it have over 40 characters. There are 18 base characters, it'll be 36 at the maximum, & we all know that there are never as many secrets as there are bases. Basically there will be about 30-35 characters in total.
we dont have all the base characters yet.

besides, with all the work they're putting into brawl, I would be very surprised if the final roster was anything less than 40, especially since I've seen much lower-priority games with 50+ characters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ness could jump out of nowhere, so I wouldn't say that he's completely in the grave. Lucas is NOT a pure clone of Ness after all.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
BTW... this actually drastically INCREASES ness's chance of returning.

as similar as he would be to lucas, ness could easily be made into an outfit change

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
I'm here to pay respect to one of the original smashers. Ness your bat, yo-yo, and hat will truely be missed. I'm afraid I wont miss anything else about you because Lucus seems to have it covered. Rest in peace little buddy.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah... i was very sad to see Sakauri say that. It will be a while before I get used to the character screen with Ness's Smile replaced with Lucas's. Maybe I can hope for a Costume change. I'm not much of a user of Ness, but to see one of the original 12 gone is heartbreaking. It's like making Ness no longer a "Nintendo All-star" as it said on the case of the original. :(

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
we dont have all the base characters yet.
This screen says otherwise:

If it was Beta, it would make all the difference, but why would it be? If it was Beta then there could have easily been a screenshot of a Beta character select screen...

Still, there's a chance it increases Ness' chances.

Has anyone played Mother 3? Can anyone confirm if Lucas actually uses all of those special moves himself? If he does that makes Ness' revival even more likely. Most of Ness' moves weren't even his, perhaps Ness will reappear dramatically, with a moveset made up of his moves... Wouldn't that be great?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Isn't Lucas just an updated Ness, though? I mean, TP Link is an updated OoT Link. The Link from Smash64 is dead, too, but is replaced by TP Link. The only difference is they look very similar and have the same name. With Lucas and Ness...it's more noticeable that you replaced one with the other.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This screen says otherwise:

If it was Beta, it would make all the difference, but why would it be? If it was Beta then there could have easily been a screenshot of a Beta character select screen...

Still, there's a chance it increases Ness' chances.

Has anyone played Mother 3? Can anyone confirm if Lucas actually uses all of those special moves himself? If he does that makes Ness' revival even more likely. Most of Ness' moves weren't even his, perhaps Ness will reappear dramatically, with a moveset made up of his moves... Wouldn't that be great?
Neither Ness, or Lucas, use any of those moves except PK Magnet...

Pk Flash Ness did have in the game though

NukeA6

Smash Master
Ness use to be one my best characters. I like how he was the "hard-to-use-but-worth-mastering" type of character. And I liked his swinging bat pose when he won a match. But when Melee came, he became garbage. Without a doubt, he is the most toned down character I have ever seen in a fighting game and it wasn't just his moves. It was everything. He lacked personality (he smiles when hit -_-), has a voice I care barely understand, and his bat swing winning stance just looks ********. I don't know what type of drugs Ness been using but Lucas better not suffer from it.

Top Bottom