• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl finally coming to Rock'em Sock'em in Charlotte, NC

Kudzu

Smash Rookie
Change of plans...can't make this, sorry. Gotta work two jobs tomorrow. :(

Joopiterman

Smash Rookie
This was ok.....

:phone:
Sorry man any reason why you didn't enjoy it?

ON A LIGHTER NOTE!! Here are our results from our first ever Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament! I appreciate all of you guys coming out and supporting us. We will have a new venue next month that will be MUCH nicer. We kinda ended up falling into the club due to lack of funds and too little space at the past venue. We have a good history with hotels and being at the Hampton we should have much more space to operate and be under much less pressure. We will be running Brawl, Melee, and Doubles after the Singles event next time. We will also be much more strict with the bracket this time so that people don't get skipped over like Duo Prime did. We wanted this to go well, which it did, save the one hiccup. Unfortunately it seemed like the bracket was flying around too much. I'd love to hear the story if anyone really knows. I heard that Duo Prime got skipped. Other times I heard that he got DQ'ed. If in fact he did get disqualified then everything ran well, if not then I definitely need to find what went wrong. Once again I really appreciated you guys showing up. Here are the results from the event!

Smash Brawl
1: Kadaj
2: Sushiman
3: Archer
4: Stockfield
5: H1N1
5: 313
7: Scotty O.B.
7: Kill
9: Vice
9: Some Kind of Joe
9: Elite
9: Gryph
13: Zeke
13: Uncle
13: Duo Prime
13: Duo
17: Haunter
17: Grizzley

I hope you guys make it out to next months ReSe on June 23rd. If you have any feedback just leave it here and I'll make sure to address it!

~Trey [ReSe Joopiterman]

Joopiterman

Smash Rookie
Lol that wasn't me

edit:If anything I was a little salty that in the beginning they were charging $3.00 a slice for pizza
oh shoot who was that I thought it was you. He was only over there for a second. Yeah I wish we could have controlled that. If anything we were kinda peeved that they said no food or outside drinks. Then they said three dollars a slice and all you saw was a field of poker faces. $2...Poker Face. $1 EVERYONE, ATTACK.

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
I honestly wouldn't want to come to another tournament at this venue. I really didn't enjoy it. I was robbed dry, and if I knew doubles wasn't happening, I would have just left. Only reason I didn't was because I didn't want to leave my doubles partner hanging. 3 dollars for pizza for one, but what really made me mad was that even though I brought a full setup, I STILL had to pay my venue fee, even though it was stated that I wouldn't have to for bringing a complete setup. Yeah I was told that it was expensive to rent the place out, but that doesn't matter when the deal was in. It's still messed up in my opinion. People came from all around the state, like Greensboro and ECU.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the bracket confusion with Duo that I heard about. Tournaments I go to have all of the brackets on the laptop but Brawl was printed out and confusion happened that otherwise would not have if the bracket remained on the computer.

Sorry, but next time I walk into that, I won't want anything to do with it.

-Scotty

Joopiterman

Smash Rookie
I honestly wouldn't want to come to another tournament at this venue. I really didn't enjoy it. I was robbed dry, and if I knew doubles wasn't happening, I would have just left. Only reason I didn't was because I didn't want to leave my doubles partner hanging. 3 dollars for pizza for one, but what really made me mad was that even though I brought a full setup, I STILL had to pay my venue fee, even though it was stated that I wouldn't have to for bringing a complete setup. Yeah I was told that it was expensive to rent the place out, but that doesn't matter when the deal was in. It's still messed up in my opinion. People came from all around the state, like Greensboro and ECU.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the bracket confusion with Duo that I heard about. Tournaments I go to have all of the brackets on the laptop but Brawl was printed out and confusion happened that otherwise would not have if the bracket remained on the computer.

Sorry, but next time I walk into that, I won't want anything to do with it.

-Scotty
I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. This was our trial run of smash bros and we will be trying to make sure it goes successfully next time. Our plan was to see if smash could run itself. As it turns out there was a pretty bad hiccup in the running of the tournament. Like I said I heard all kinds of different stories. I heard from Kadaj that they had called Duo Prime several times and he didn't respond so they DQ'ed him. I heard from Duo Prime that they had just completely skipped over him.

Fortunately we will be running teams first next time, we will be running Melee as well. We were trying to be sensitive to the fact that Smash being in caused a debate but we chose to run it. We hope it runs much better next time. We are done with the venue which was the cause of most of the problems. The venue itself was shoddy, they did allow us to bring in outside food and drinks, and they wanted us out by 10. Our June 23rd tournament will be at the Hilton in the University area of Charlotte. If you guys are still interested I will send you the address and I will make a new thread for our next tournament. Unfortunately we had a lot of complications with the Venue compensation last time. Comping turned into a first come first serve type of thing. We will no longer be comping Venue Fees because we have the set-ups that we need. For Smash to happen on the other hand we will have to rely on you guys to bring your set-ups because the wii will not run on the monitors that we have. The fee will be 20 dollars flat for a singles entry. If you choose to run teams I imagine it will be $10 per head for the tournament. All money that goes into entry, aside from the venue fee is split into the pot. The payouts for singles are 70-20-10. What sort of payout would you guys want to see in teams? Another 70-20-10? 80-20? or winner takes all is an option. Once again I'm sorry that you guys didn't enjoy the last tournament but everything should be much different at the new venue.

Edit: By the way guys here is the link to the thread for our next tournament! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323072

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Most smash tourneys run 60/30/10...but 70/20/10 is fine as well. For doubles you kinda need 60/30/10 or 2nd place will hardly make anything...and normally 3rd place just gets entry fee back since 10% doesn't make it up to entry fee half the time...and having them lose money for 3rd sucks XD

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. This was our trial run of smash bros and we will be trying to make sure it goes successfully next time. Our plan was to see if smash could run itself. As it turns out there was a pretty bad hiccup in the running of the tournament. Like I said I heard all kinds of different stories. I heard from Kadaj that they had called Duo Prime several times and he didn't respond so they DQ'ed him. I heard from Duo Prime that they had just completely skipped over him.

Fortunately we will be running teams first next time, we will be running Melee as well. We were trying to be sensitive to the fact that Smash being in caused a debate but we chose to run it. We hope it runs much better next time. We are done with the venue which was the cause of most of the problems. The venue itself was shoddy, they did allow us to bring in outside food and drinks, and they wanted us out by 10. Our June 23rd tournament will be at the Hilton in the University area of Charlotte. If you guys are still interested I will send you the address and I will make a new thread for our next tournament. Unfortunately we had a lot of complications with the Venue compensation last time. Comping turned into a first come first serve type of thing. We will no longer be comping Venue Fees because we have the set-ups that we need. For Smash to happen on the other hand we will have to rely on you guys to bring your set-ups because the wii will not run on the monitors that we have. The fee will be 20 dollars flat for a singles entry. If you choose to run teams I imagine it will be $10 per head for the tournament. All money that goes into entry, aside from the venue fee is split into the pot. The payouts for singles are 70-20-10. What sort of payout would you guys want to see in teams? Another 70-20-10? 80-20? or winner takes all is an option. Once again I'm sorry that you guys didn't enjoy the last tournament but everything should be much different at the new venue.

Edit: By the way guys here is the link to the thread for our next tournament! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323072
Brawl only had 4 setups; including my own, and 2 others that I avoided because they had their no trip hacks turned on (they must be OFF to be tourney legal). You can't take away the offer to waive someone's venue fee for bringing a setup if said offer has been on the table up until people lined up to pay their entry fees. As I said before, that's messed up. Turning the comping of venue fees into first come first serve is something that actually did NOT happen. Anyone in my spot with half a brain can tell that one. I could have (and honestly SHOULD have) left with my setup and brawl would be stuck with only 3 setups, and 2 would still need to turn their no trip hacks off.

Don't worry Scotty the next one is going to be much better.

A GA car is coming and a probably a SOVA one.
Sorry Jaurice, but I'm not coming to the next one. I should not have had to pay an already expensive (in my honest opinion) $10 venue fee for the first one since I brought a setup and the deal was my venue fee would've been free. Seeing as to how my venue fee was not, I was lied to. The next tourney addresses the issues of a poor venue and doubles not running. There's a start. Except now I know I can't get my venue fee waived for bringing a setup for the venue to use. I don't see why I should go.

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
Damn try hard in here! Taking me seriouslies LOL.
Brawl Wario vs Melee Marth all day er'day; is this where you are getting at?

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
Is that really what you thought the problem was? I thought you were just messing with me like herp derp so I didn't take you seriously. My problem was at the last event, it was stated my venue fee would be waived for bringing a setup. So I brought one, and yet my fee wasn't comped (first come first serve was bs too, because mine was the 2nd one there). I really hope you weren't being serious at all because if you were, you sure are ignorant.

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
At first the offer wasn't even on the table for the upcoming one. He's addressed lots of the issues I had, and if it's on the table again, I'd be more than willing to go for it

big sleep

չչչ
ight **** cuz.... NSCNs are kinda a$$. too much salt in their joints, pretty sure they all end up with arthritis.

Top Bottom