• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl doesn't need to be violent and competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bish

Smash Rookie
Seriously, am I one of the ******** few who takes advantage of the posting box that follows the title? ...don't answer that.

Mama

Smash Ace
Nothing has to be violent or competitive to be fun. But there are things that are fun that can also be violent or competitive. All cows are animals but not all animals are cows. Think about it.

I can play Brawl competitively and have fun. Just because people may not understand that doesn't mean its not fun.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Competitive Brawl + Pot =

Bowser: Hey Ganny, check out these silly taunts I came up with! I could just do this for hours. Heeheehee! I just like to pretend like I'm some sort of tiger! Or, or like a hungry lion or something! It's so delightful to make believe.
Ganandorf: Oh! I ever so concur old friend, this taunting is really a gas. Sometimes I wonder if there was more for me, but then I just laugh, because what else could be more fun and interesting than showing off my taunts all day?
[crate falls from sky]
Bowser: Heavens to Murgatroid! A crate of whimsical fun has dropped from the sky!
Ganandorf: That must have been sent from jebus above so that we could learn the fun of sharing. You just wait right here Bowsie while I go and open the crate, then we can share all the magical goodness it has to offer!
Bowser: I do love a good sharing session.
[ganandorf goes to box and lifts it up]
Ganandorf: Now stand clear Bowsie. We wouldn't want you to end up in the path of this box when I throw it, now would we?
Bowser: Heavens no! I could get hurt Ganny!
[Ganondorf tosses box carefully between him and Bowser. Box breaks and reveals fun surprises (items) inside]
Bowser [squeals with delight]: Oh joy! These playthings are astonishingly marvelous Ganny!
[Bowswer picks up light saber]
Bowser: Hey look at me! I am Lucas Skywalkster! beeew! beeew! Hahahaha. What fun.
Ganandorf: Well it's all fun and games until someone gets decapitated my sweet Bowsie. Watch out with that thing or someone could become seriously injured. And we wouldn't want that now would we?
Bowser: I wouldn't dream of Ganny! You’re right I don’t even want to play with this any more now that I realize it could end up with one of us getting hurt. Oh dear Ganny! That looks like it could be a bomb or something. Bombs explode Ganny! Hold me.
Ganandorf: There’s no way this bomb is going to ruin our fun. It’s just so careless that it really steams my beans though. Don’t worry, Bowsie, I’ll take care of this.
[Ganandorf gingerly approaches bomb, and picks it up then throws it off the ledge. The bomb explodes far below]
Bowser: Someone really could have gotten hurt with that one. Jebus really needs to make sure no bombs make their way into our parcels of fun.
Ganandorf: Well now that that’s over with, let’s proceed with fun.
Bowser: Yeah! Let’s play “who can give the best compliment” because that way everyone wins!
Ganandorf: Yay!
Needs moar dewd.

fishsticks

Smash Apprentice
Shanghai, China /// originally from Troy, MI
Just like Melee, Brawl's not violent and OVERLY competitive.

I know they have tournaments (hell, I watched the East vs. West Melee tournament vid all the time a while back) but you're not obligated to participate in them, and it's not like Smash is t3h olny thign in da wurld. Take a break, go out with some friends, then bring them back to your place for a Brawl party.

I've also never seen someone get so mad after losing a match that they become violent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom