• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You know what's funny?

I was able to access the site, long enough, and well enough, to actually upload a few BRSTMs (from Big Brain Academy Wii Degree)... and was able to access it for quite a few hours (maybe 8?), but now it's back to "lel ekspaiyard dohmanez"

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Good news everyone! Soneek just filled me in. The donations have been met. All that we have to do is wait for them to process. Stay tuned guys.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Okay guys, an update from Soneek gave me some more info on the situation. I don't know how many of you know this, but for those who don't, the site is having its domain transferred to a new registry. Although he doesn't know how long it'll be for it to process, Soneek did tell me that we can at least access the site using .net instead of .com for the time being (in other words, if you have any part of the site bookmarked, before you tell your browser to go to the link, change .com to .net if you want to get to your favorite brstms). I hope this relieves you of any stress you currently have. If I gather anymore info, I'll fill you in on it if need be.

Update: Soneek just updated me with the following, when Linkshot questioned the whole .net thing:

"We forgot to change payment methods for the domain name so it expired after trying to charge a paypal account that doesn't exist. i just happened to have .net registered a few months ago though. We're waiting for the .com domain name to transfer to the new hosting account, and then it'll become available." Linkshot later called it "Brawl Chaotic Music," which gave me and Soneek a good laugh.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
.com and .net domain names both work for BCM now.
I guess the next step is to upload the BRSTMs that are currently missing.

Before you guys ask, when I went to the pokemon anime soundtrack list, I noticed that some of the brstms were missing. I remember there being 83 at most when it was up last before the payment due date hit. I don't know how many other games were effected similarly, but I at least know some of them are missing. If you created those that are currently missing that you know you've uploaded before, feel free to reupload them again.

soneek

Smash Ace
I guess the next step is to upload the BRSTMs that are currently missing.

Before you guys ask, when I went to the pokemon anime soundtrack list, I noticed that some of the brstms were missing. I remember there being 83 at most when it was up last before the payment due date hit. I don't know how many other games were effected similarly, but I at least know some of them are missing. If you created those that are currently missing that you know you've uploaded before, feel free to reupload them again.
We had something on the main page of the site a couple weeks ago saying that we're only gonna be accepting songs from videos games, or remixies of video game songs. Everything else was gonna be removed. A lot was removed so far, and there's still more to remove.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
We had something on the main page of the site a couple weeks ago saying that we're only gonna be accepting songs from videos games, or remixies of video game songs. Everything else was gonna be removed. A lot was removed so far, and there's still more to remove.
Wait, so that means a lot of anime soundtrack is getting removed?............................................................, Rats.

Wait a minute, is the motive behind it to avoid getting a copyright claim? If that's the case, I can understand that.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I still don't know what's the approach you should've used with MLP music, everything there was fan-made....
It's gone anyway but, yeah.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I found it strange that all of those "bots" were advertising sex-related sites...

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I think I found a way to have better quality Game Boy music rips via VBA... I'll upload 2 different versions of the last Wily Stage from Mega Man III (Game Boy) and let me know which ones is of better quality. :)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Flame? Get in_gep... it includes GBS support, which is based on VBA-M IIRC.

If you're referring to sample rates, and possibly being able to increase the bass, and maybe add some echo, this can also be done with in_gep and foobar2000.

Also, why don't you join le chat?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Le chat is grumpy against me. jk

I just don't feel like joining a chat, that's all. And the reason I said I might have found a way to have better quality rips... is because I had the box "low pass filter" checked the whole time. Yeah, call me a genius if you want, I won't mind XD

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Double Posting is bad, I know D:

My goodness... If that 3/4 hour Goldeneye 64 BRSTM had a 48000 samplerate... The loop-point would end at 129.548.761 if rounded down to the nearest unit.
As for where the loop-point will go back, it will loop from 1.742.301

If one wants to make a BRSTM of that without silence at the beginning, the loop-point would go back to 1.734.656 and ends at 129.541.116

The weight of that BRSTM would be over 140 MB for sure, but how much exactly is only up to TUK, if you ever want to make the same BRSTM at a 48000 samplerate. O_O

EDIT : I found a GBS plugin for Winamp named Meridian. It works like a charm and sounds more reliable than VBA... I still can't have all of Mega Man II (Game Boy)'s instruments working, but the overall quality is better.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
18:55 < DarkAceLaptop> **** OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAPK$(FA PEF(EKF(SE$KF(E$ F*K(E$ fkes4fe3t 05tcov0-eyt cepctéyet[tt'y
18:56 -!- TheUltimate*****a [Matt@bcm-597CB774.nowhere-else.org] has joined #social
18:57 < DarkAceLaptop> **** OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAPK$(FA PEF(EKF(SE$KF(E$ F*K(E$ fkes4fe3t 05tcov0-eyt cepctéyet[tt'y
18:57 < DarkAceLaptop> **** OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
18:58 < TheUltimate*****a> DarkAceLaptop mad ( ?? ?? ??)
18:58 < DarkAceLaptop> **** OFFFFFFFFFFFF
18:58 < DarkAceLaptop> BAN ME OR THEULTIMATE*****A NOW!!!!!!!!!!
19:00 < TheUltimate*****a> I JUST TUK A PISS IN MY PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
19:01 -!- TheUltimate*****a [Matt@bcm-597CB774.nowhere-else.org] has quit [Client exited]

Remember when I said I was being trolled for no reason?

Well soneek! SORT YOUR ****ING ***** OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's like, how internet works.
That's what trolls want, you get infuriated, they win.
Remember the rules, and simply don't feed the trolls.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The question is... who is it?

Another question, WHY?

Also Flame? If I'm not mistaken, Meridian is a seriously buggy and ****ty outdated plugin.

The latest version of Merdian was released in March 2007.

The BEST quality plug-in is the Game Emu Player. It's for foobar2000, and supports
AY, GBS, GYM, HES, KSS, NSF, SAP, SGC, SPC and VGM formats. Plus you can set the sample rate from anything between 6000 Hz, and 96000 Hz.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
It's still better than VBA, and that's sufficient to me. I don't see why I should uninstall Winamp and get foobar2000 just to have the best GBS plug-in around. If Winamp is enough to rip good quality songs, then there's no need for me to try and be luxurious about the quality.

So far I ripped a few songs and I haven't encountered any kind of glitch with Meridian. It may be outdated (and for good reason), but it works and that's good enough for me.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Excuse me, but I think you'll find VBA isn't even a ****ing plugin.

NEZPlug+++ or in_gep. Anyone who uses Meridian for GBS is a complete ****hole.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Glad that the thread is back online,...., though it did take me a while to get logged back in again. Oh well, at least we can catch up with each other now.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So.
For anyone who hasn't seen, the site has this message.
"We need funds to renew the site, or it will be disabled by our host. Please help us out. Thanks in advance. "

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
FERK! THE SITE'S GONE! WE WERE TOO LATE!

FAK YOU YOU CHEAP BERSTERDS! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KEEP ALL THE MONEY TO YOURSELVES? YOU COULDN'T HAVE EVEN DONATED ONE MEASLEY CENT?

YOUR LACK OF DONATIONS MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO CENTS WHATSOEVER! WHAT A LOAD OF COMPLETE NON-CENTS! I COULD ALWAYS CENTS THAT YOU LOT WERE MONEY-KEEPING GREEDY BERSTERDS! NOW YOU HAVE NO MORE BCM! AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT!

Oh, and Seggy, congratulations on making BRSTMindor!

Seriously though... it needs money.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, it seems you greedy pigs don't want the site up? Well if that's the case, don't start whining about how the site's down... Alaric.

And don't start your stupid **** about "holding meetings", or going on about skype, and stuff like "derp herz gert a berkerp erv the ferls?"

Top Bottom